[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to come out to your mother?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: 1.png (161KB, 354x376px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
161KB, 354x376px
Without the blunt "I'm gay"

Something that doesn't hit as hard..
>>
What the fuck do you want us to tell you? Say "I like other dudes(/women)" instead?
>>
>>7870864
Wear a green alien suit, climb on top of a fridge, jump down and shot "I'm gay!".

She'll know you're a faggot cause you watch idubbz
>>
>>7870864
MOM I'M A COCK HOOVERING MONSTER, I COULD SUCK AND ANVIL THROUGH A GARDEN HOSE!
>>
>>7870886

I dunno, just having a hard time figuring out how to be very light about it.

I'm male btw.
>>
>>7870913
Honestly why bother? I never came out to my family, I just started bringing guys around and they took the hint.
>>
>>7870864
dont tell her. its not worth it.
Hide it till youre 18 and then move out and break up every contact to her just like I did
>>
leave your box of dragon dildos and yaoi magazines on your bed while she's home

bing bong problem solved
>>
File: screaming.png (135KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
screaming.png
135KB, 400x225px
Honestly just don't do it unless they ask,because
when you do eventually come out they will either..
A:expect faggy shit from you and "encourage" you to be yourself ultimatly ending up in "Le gay pride for my cockmonger offspring"

B:Keep pushing you to be straight very subtly but also annoyingly

Or C:Show your ass the door.

or they just wont care it really depends on what kind of people they are.
>>
>>7870931

I am 18.

>>7870978

I feel my dad wont give a shit and would balance out anything. Dont think they'd disown me.
>>
anon since your retarded do it simply bring a dude home im assuming you live with her
and let her catch you fucking problem solved
>>
>>7871003

That sounds far more embarrassing than this should be..
>>
>>7870993
get a bf and move out. problem solved
>>
>>7871033

Well what about if I ever introduce a boyfriend to my parents?
>>
>>7870864
Either you're at least 18, in which case the answer is "don't bother", or you're underage, in which case the answer is "b&".
>>
>>7871161

why dont bother? what happens if they ever want to meet who im dating?
>>
>>7871079
You don't have parents.
You're batman.
>>
>>7870864
>"I'm a tranny"
>"OH MY GOD"
>"Only kidding, I'm just a fag"
>"Oh thank goodness for that"
>>
>>7871891
You're a qt
>>
If you have to have your parents accept you being gay, then don't be gay.
>>
>>7870864
Best way to do it is to just slip it into conversation. Ultimately, you want to keep the label off yourself so saying things like "I'm gay" or "I like guys" is the opposite of that.

A better approach is to subtly suggest that you like someone who is of your preferred sex, for instance, "I met a cute guy yesterday" or "he looks pretty handsome". Thanks to the structure of the English language and the human brain, the first thing that the other person will identify are the key words like "handsome" and "cute" this will feel reassuring to the mother that we son has found someone you like (this is a good thing to her). A few milliseconds later she will conclude that that may actually be gay, and then she will either understand then and there or she will now be the one that asks you. It is less stressful to ask a question and receive an answer than it is to be on the receiving end of a blunt statement about someone's identity.
>>
>>7871891
I might actually try this.
>>
So I was driving my mom somewhere today and we were talking about my friend's relationships. S

She asked "does [friends name] ever point out any girls he likes?" I said yes, and she replied "what about you?" And I said no and the conversation was relatively silent the whole way back.

Hope she picks up some of it before I lay tell her fully later.
>>
>>7871891
this senpai
>>
>>7871891

maybe if you want your parents to never trust you again use this
>>
>>7872098

that sounds good
>>
>>7871429

wat
>>
>>7872098
This is actually very smart for the gay side. But, imagine transgender:

A better approach is to subtly suggest that you prefer "stereotypical things" of the opposite gender, for instance, "Oh, that's a really cute outfit" or "I wish I was Rachel McAdams". Thanks to the structure of the English language and the human brain, the first thing that the other person will identify are the key words like "outfit" and "Rachel McAdams." This will feel reassuring to the mother that "we son (what the fuck are you doing)" has found someone you like (this is a good thing to her). A few milliseconds later she will conclude that you may actually be transgender, and then she will either understand then and there or she will now be the one that asks you. It is less stressful to ask a question and receive an answer than it is to be on the receiving end of a blunt statement about someone's identity.

I'll try this over spring break and see if I ruin my relationship with my family by being an ass about how I come out
>>
>>7873276
It's actually a really good idea i didn't mean to write ass I am just high rn
>>
Coming out is a meme.
>>
>>7873310

not when you're dating it isnt, dont you want your parents to meet the guy you love?
>>
>>7870864
Tell her you're into post-Danzig Misfits.
>>
File: 1452058824405.jpg (65KB, 402x408px) Image search: [Google]
1452058824405.jpg
65KB, 402x408px
tell her she will never have grand kids.
>>
>>7870864
>op: "hey mom im a faggot"
>ops mom: "get out of my house you faggot!"

its that simple
>>
>>7874171

i have brothers
>>
>>7874148

nah. if she wanted to know i was gay i'd say i was into post-graves misfits
>>
>>7874210
lol
>>
jump off of a gas stove and scream "ahm ghey"
>>
gonna do it today.

thinking i'll start with something corny like "you'll always love me no matter what right? cuz i think if i tell you something you wont love me anymore"

or some shit like that
>>
>>7870864

Plan A
1.Bring your bf over.
2.Introduce him as your "friend"
3.Kiss him on the lips in front of them at an appropriate moment.

Plan B
1. Vacation with your bf in Mykonos
2. Get photographed in your speedos
3. Post photos on faceberg

pic related, it's Gaston coming out
>>
>>7873220
>I have no parents I'm batman
is code for "I pretend my parents are dead so that my boyfriend will never meet them".
>>
>>7877370

dont want to entirely disconnect myself from them
>>
>>7872098
This is actually pretty good advice. Gonna try this when I come out as a worthless tranny.
>>
>>7877439
You don't have to.
Just plan every meeting right and you can live the double life you've always dreamed of.
>>
>>7877459
mfw
>>
>>7873276
>>7877459

The response I wrote was roughly how I let my mother know I was bi when I was younger. It worked because she knew what being gay really was.

To be honest this method may not work for you being trans, unless you mother is invested enough in the current state of affairs to understand transgenderism. All it took for my mother to realise I was bi was that tiny que when I was in my late teens. Meanwhile I had been trying to subtly tell her I was trans since I was three and it was only in my early twenties that it finally got through to her. Unfortunately subtly did not work in this regard, I had to sit her down and explain very directly what it is because she had never heard of it. Make sure you take the time to actually sit down and discuss your transgenderism once you have subtly or directly implied it.
>>
>>7877738

that sounds difficult
>>
>>7877883
Hopefully my parents aren't that ignorant, with trans awareness being raised more and more these days. In fact, I even noticed my dad watching some documentary that showed an ftm boy starting hormones.

Going by that advice of starting with a positive statement, maybe I was thinking something like "I've been feeling a lot happier and more motivated in life ever since I started hormone therapy."

I guess that's still pretty blatant though.
>>
>>7874171
Already did that.
>tfw have siblings and mom already has a grandkid so she didnt care.
>>
>>7871015
its not embarrassing its just retarded
>>
>>7874171
My mother already knows she will never have grandkids. She doesn't know I'm gay, it's just that I'm hideously ugly and fat.
>>
>>7884211
>I'm hideously ugly and fat.

Anyone who has ever made a trip to Walmart knows that being hideously ugly and fat is no barrier to reproducing.
>>
>>7870925
wish it was that easy...
>>
>>7877105
>you'll always love me no matter what right?
doesn't sound right I would rather take the direct route or do as anon posted >>7872098
all in all it shouldn't matter once it's out there but it's weird if you say it suddenly and might put pressure on you.
>>
>>7884307
kek
>>
>>7884401

How can I subtly slip it in? Saying "oh he looks hot" seems out of nowhere
>>
File: 1466273982341.gif (1MB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
1466273982341.gif
1MB, 212x212px
>>7870864
>>7870908

Well, the way my mom found out was by finding my fanfiction of my giant musclefat P.E. teacher ''raping'' my virgin 16 year old boipucci senseless in the locker room showers, so that's one way to tell her I guess. She thought I had actually been raped and gotten so traumatized that the only way for me to deal with it was by writing it down, that was something.
>>
I have a problem with things like this, and it's not just about my mom.
I've never told anyone. And sometimes when I think about all the things I've ruined by being such a wimp, I really want to off myself.
Once, there was a really lovely and handsome guy that I befriended, and I fell totally in love with him. And as you would expect, I didn't talk to him about it. But even when it turned out he was gay too, and interested in me, I just couldn't say it out loud and it fucking killed me to lose the perfect guy of my dreams just because I was afraid to admit my fagginess.
>>
>>7870864
Say the opposite of what you are. It will be less jarring, but will get the exact same point across.
>Mom, I don't think I'm interesting in dating girls ever
>>
>>7887207
holyshit.wav
>>
>>7870903
LMAO underrated
>>
>>7870864
Just hold a knife to her neck and tell her that your gay and if she doesn't accept it you will slit her throat, then when she says "I accept you" give her a big hug and thank her for being an understanding mother.
>>
>>7887285

Might use this
>>
>>7887285
>I don't think I'm interested in dating just one sex

>I don't think I'm interested in staying a boy
>>
My partner told their dad "I have the same taste in women as you" (they're afab)
>>
>>7878799
It's not.
Just don't make a huge deal out of it.
Only Christmas might be troublesome.
>>
>>7889087

They always ask if im dating though
>>
"I may be gay"
>>
>>7889518

That sounds uncertain though, What if she asks if it's a phase or something
>>
>>7888912

might be different for men
>>
>>7870864
say "I'm going to see my boyfriend" as you're leaving and she's like "are you gay??" and you say "yep" and leave

something indirect like that
>>
>>7889887

lol that seems incredibly direct.

would also require a bf
>>
>>7887207

that'd suck.
>>
Is coming out on a drive a good idea?

Would her be driving or me driving be better?
>>
>>7872381

enjoy getting disowned
>>
>>7881305
Well hopefully that is the case!

Personally I'd leave the hormone therapy part until a little later. If you open with it you might scare them with the whole notion of medication and drugs being involved. Maybe something along the lines of "with the recent changes I've made to my life" and see if they ask what those are so you can just generally outline that you're trying to become more fem/masc and that that does involve some hormone tablets.
>>
File: 1459705228993.gif (181KB, 190x152px) Image search: [Google]
1459705228993.gif
181KB, 190x152px
>>7891490
You know what? I think i will.
>>
>>7887763
I responded.
>>
I just hope my mom doesnt look at me like some slutty cockwhore when I come out..
>>
Just casually mention offhand that you're seeing a guy or you think that guy is cute or whatever. Don't make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>7895893

Saying "that guy seems cute" is a little out of character for me.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.