[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: plooogu.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
plooogu.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
I want a genuine LGBT person to respond to this.

So I'm religious and inherently I believe homosexuality is sin, but I believe in LGBT rights. They have the right to do whatever they please even though I still think its sin. Is that somewhat and in someway ok if I have that sort of mindset or would you still call me a bigot?
>>
You're a bigot if you believe in a space daddy that condemns homosexuality and calls it a "sin". You might as well be chopping our heads off or throwing off a tall roof because your religion is no different from any other Abrahamic religion with anti-gay teachings.
>>
>>7863347
>space daddy
>>
>>7863336
>I believe homosexuality is sin, but I believe in LGBT rights.
kinda contradicting.
Like "murder is a sin, but you have the right to murder".
Pick one and stick with it.

Also
>I'm religious
LEAVE
>>
>>7863336
while your actions are non-bigoted, your fundamental state of mind is lacking, and as a religious person you should understand the issue there -- you can praise the lord all you want but it means nothing if you're without belief, and just as that is true you can claim you see gay and trans people as your equals but if the true respect-of-your-fellow-humans is lacking you're bereft of true morality
>>
>>7863336
Just ask your self why you think it a sin? why do you think it wrong?

I think its pretty hot desu nothing wrong at all
>>
>>7863336
yeah sure thats fine im sure you like are also ok with other sinful shit legally like divorce and whatnot cause you have beliefs but respect other peoples lives and shit

like idc at all what some random twat on 4chan thinks as long as he doesn't legally try to fuck with me
>>
>>7863336
You're cool as long as you don't make everyone else listen to your self-righteousness.

It's like how no one who drinks or smokes has any problem with someone who thinks it's wrong to drink or wrong to smoke. They only get upset (and understandably so) when someone comes into a bar or a crowded smoke break area for a place to talk about how sinful and immoral drinking or smoking is.

You know, just like you're doing right now, coming to an /lgbt/ board to talk about us being sinful. It's your actions that make you an asshole, not your belief.
>>
>>7863336
Yes.
>>7863356
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion
>>
>>7863383
I have a right to be here as much as any of you do
>>
>>7863392
Because I believe it is and its condemned of the lord.
>>
>>7863397
Actually I don't like divorce and it's sad to see it happen
>>
File: implying.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>7863452
>I have a right to be here
>implying
>>
>>7863420
Hate the sin, love the sinner
>>
>>7863455
yeah but why? whats wrong with it that makes it a sin? sins have to be decided on by a reason right?
>>
>>7863460
In practice that phrase means hate the sinner for committing the sin.
>>
I personally believe that religion is kinda silly, but if you need that kind of coping mechanism to get through the day then do whatever.
I don't need your approval to suck dick and you don't need my approval to pray to your space daddy. As long as you don't interfere with my life and my rights we are cool.
>>
>>7863389
This
>>
>being religious

Look at this idiot and laugh
>>
>>7863336
Tricky. You recognize that being queer is not actually bad, or you wouldn't be okay with it being legal (unless you're like, anarchist or something and think that theft should also be legal and everyone carries the punishment of guilt for their own actions yadda yadda), while still arguing that it is in violation of the laws of the universe and its creator.
Generally, if you support queer people (not just passively chose not to oppose us) and don't try and argue with their sexuality/gender on basis of it being sinful according to your interpretation of the word of God, you're fine.
With that said, it is very difficult keeping your personal morals from seeping over into how you interact with people. You might not actively oppose a gay person, but if you're happy when they're broken up with, or if you find youself more supportive of a bisexual in a male/female relationship than in a same-sexed one, that's definitely on the bigoted side of things, even if you're not actively outspoken against them.
>>
>>7863336
Are you a Christian?
>>
As long as you leave me the fuck alone you can think whatever the hell you want to think.
That's kind of the golden rule, isn't it? I can think you're a brainwashed idiot who believes in a magical sky daddy, but if I try to legally persecute you or physically harm you then there's an issue, yeah?
>>
I have more issue with you seeing it as a sin than I would with you opposing so-called "gay rights." I'm an atheist, and I don't support things like gay marriage and adoption. Heterosexual parents are better for children, and queers have not demonstrated enough personal responsibility as a group to justify marriage (which is not about "love" but an institution that helps stabilize society by providing the best environment in which to raise a family and by institutionalizing monogamy).

But I am bisexual and FtM transgender, and I see nothing "wrong" with those things in any kind of moral sense. They are defects; but so is my asthma, and the fact that one side of my jaw is a bit longer than the other. I don't see anyone calling my asthma or my facial asymmetry "sins." They're just natural imperfections which occur in human beings. The non-defective state for me would obviously be to be a het woman who can carry children and continue my family line. Instead, like all animals too defective to have offspring, my role within my species is auxiliary.

I don't understand the need in 2017 for people to still call that a "sin" rather than grasp that this was how ancient people discouraged the expression of a defect that could upset their smaller communities.

Homosexuality (and transsexuality) isn't something I "do," it's something I AM. You cannot "hate" my sexuality and gender ID and "love" me - those are fundamental parts of me. You don't love ME with those things removed.

Particularly as a bisexual, I do not swallow the idea that one attraction is "less" than the other, as the experience of being attracted to, falling in love with, etc. men and women is exactly the same.

Things that are wrong FEEL wrong. We don't need "god" to tell us what is wrong - we are inherently moral creatures. Lying FEELS wrong. Hurting others FEELS wrong.

Attraction to either sex feels just the same.
>>
File: mormon jesus.gif (148KB, 290x240px) Image search: [Google]
mormon jesus.gif
148KB, 290x240px
>>7863336
Hey, hold on a damn minute there!

You damn well better explain yourself there ... what does that post have to do with mormonism?
>>
>>7863336
You don't inherently think that anything is a sin. You have been told that it is. We are inherently LGBT. I don't care if you are a bigot but with all these people calling everything a Nazi, the last thing we need is you raping the English language.
>>
>>7863336
>Is that somewhat and in someway ok if I have that sort of mindset or would you still call me a bigot?
No, sorry, you still count as a bigot AND you you are going to hell!
>>
>>7863347
This
>>
>>7863336
It OK
https://youtu.be/m1h3k5OImTw
>>
>>7863336
>I believe homosexuality is sin
Whatever you think about magical mind fuckery.is fine with me because
>, but I believe in LGBT rights. They have the right to do whatever they please even though I still think its sin.
If you're willing to tolerate homosexuals, then you're by definition not a bigot. You just happen to have come to a different conclusion than I did.

That said if you have a kid, or close family member that cares about your religious beliefs, who is gay; then your 'homosexuality is sin/ position will almost certainly make them feel miserable and end up making their lives much much harder for no good reason.

>Is that somewhat and in someway ok if I have that sort of mindset or would you still call me a bigot?
You're not a bigot, and it's not right to be a judgemental Christian hunty. So let your space Jesus judge people for their sins, and you just look for the fruits of our labor like you're supposed to.
>>
You're okay with me, but yes SOME PEOPLE will call you a bigot. Going a bit far...
>>
>>7863460
>Hate the sin, love the sinner

I don't know how people can spout that platitude without realizing how perverse it really is. Telling a gay man that is the same thing as someone telling you to hate the mutual love you have with your significant other.
>>
File: smallpox expert.jpg (38KB, 493x720px) Image search: [Google]
smallpox expert.jpg
38KB, 493x720px
>>7863336
Yes, homosexuality is a sin, but as if it fucking matters? Soon enough, we're gonna receive an improved version of ebola or something, and that'll make social diseases look like mosquitoes or junk mail.
>>
>>7863336
>has an opinion
>acknowledges others' rights to make their own choices and priorities
Sounds good to me. That's how it should be. That jells with the Bible also. Somebody doesn't want to follow Jesus's teaching? They are within their rights to make that choice.
>>
File: 1487417892549.jpg (102KB, 674x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1487417892549.jpg
102KB, 674x1009px
>>7863336
I mean the problem is that you're probably right
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.