[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why no homo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3190.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3190.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
This might be better suited for /v/, but it is more of a legbutt topic... At least in my mind.

So given the success of games with LGBT characters (Life is Strange, RPGs with romance choices, etc.), why aren't there more games with canon gay couples? Or even traps, since that is what so much of the male 4chan gamer audience likes?

I don't get it?
>>
>>7861665
Because why the fuck should there be? I don't give a fuck about couples in games 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>7861800
This,Ultimately.

Most people do not care or do not want to be exposed to it. There are a lot of westerners that consider any exposure to lgbt as "shoving it down their throat".

tldr, There is little to no money in it.
>>
>>7861665
Maybe becouse they are kind of rare in real life. It's like demanding more poles or maoris in games. Sure, you can put them but why? Especialy that character sexuality doesn't come up most of the time.
>>
It's difficult to include gay characters in games because most of the time the character's orientation isn't the main focus of the game. Life is strange and some RPGs can pull this off well because they're more story focused and can have gay characters without making it seem like the devs are only focused making a political statement. Most games value action over story so it's even harder to point out that a character is gay without it feeling super forced.

tldr

It's fine as long as it meshes well within the context of the game.
>>
>>7861665
Because shoehorning something in that the majority of people don't give a shit about is annoying at best and refundable at worst.
Also
>best suited for /v/
You'd be laughed off as a faggot within a minute.
>>
>>7861665
Because straight males are so fragile that they throw temper tantrums when exposed to different things.
>>
>>7862505
>Clear pandering to score points in the current political climate
>"This is retarded, it's alienating the majority of your customers who don't care for this."
>"WOW DON'T BE SO MAD YOU FUCKING CIS MALE, LEARN TO ACCEPT OUR MENTAL DISORDERS"
No.
>>
>>7861665
Because you always get:
>gay/trans character exists
>TUMBLRBAIT OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GARBAGE KEK

Also forced diversity is disgusting and I don't want to go back into the 90s where there was always some random kid in a wheelchair.
>>
>>7861665
>how do I use mods lol
Users are better small QOL content creators than people turning a profit
>>
>>7861665
Whatever the percentage of gay gamers there are, that should be the percentage of gay couples. 3% 6% 10%?
>>
>>7861665
Because nobody fucking cares about your struggle.
Because nobody buys a game specifically because of its LGBT representation.
Because people who DO are such a tiny minority you'd lose money writing in the inclusion. Even a single line indicating someone is gay would lose money due to development costs versus the five sales you'd make off it.
Because SJWs will just find something else to rag on instead, such as your portrayal of female characters when you're trying to attract people with money who like females.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.