[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/(lgb)T/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: sadman.jpg (48KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
sadman.jpg
48KB, 500x599px
After lurking here for a while, I can surmise that every trans thread (so like 90% of this board) is filled with trite gatekeeping. I see the abbreviations AGP and HSTS thrown around everywhere. (I know what they stand for, but thanks for telling me anyway, anon.)

If I am MtF, how the fuck do I know which of these labels I fall under? Define TruTrans. And I thought AGP was discredited as pseudoscience?

>pic related
>>
you don't have to acknowledge the terms agp or hsts, especially not hsts. agp refers to a specific fetish but it's extremely vague in how it's defined. it's not an orientation, it's not something you have to label yourself as. hsts is bullshit made up on someones blog, it's nothing.
>>
>>7861231
Tbh I'm just gonna call you creepy and a "date" rather than trans but that's just me.
>>
>>7861231
There is no "trutrans". HSTS and AGP are both legitimately kinds of transsexuality.

Basically, HSTS are gender non-conforming as children and are attracted to men, AGP are more gender conforming, stay closeted longer, are attracted to women or both, and may experience cross-gender sexual fantasies.
>>
trutrans are the opposite of hons
>>
>>7861305
>HSTS and AGP are both legitimately kinds of transsexuality.
no they aren't. HSTS is a confusing made up acronym from someones blog and AGP is nothing more than a type sexual fetish by definition. it isn't an orientation.
stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>7861265
>agp refers to a specific fetish
>it's not an orientation
[citation needed]

>it's not something you have to label yourself as
Nobody has to label themselves as anything.

>hsts is bullshit made up on someones blog,
Really revealing your ignorance here.
>>
>>7861320
stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>7861344
you first.
>>
>>7861320
>HSTS is a confusing made up acronym from someones blog
you are objectively the less informed one here, so you are the one who needs to stop first
>>
>>7861320
>stop talking out of your ass
>as you proceed without any sources
>talking out of your asa

Another classic lgbt thread here guys! I love this board!
>>
>>7861231
OP here again, this time with an addendum.

(Obviously,) HSTS stands for Homosexual Transsexual and AGP stands for Autogynephilia. Do all "trans" people fall into these two categories? And what about the slur "hon?" Can a "hon" be either of these things?

>>7861336
Sure, labels are superfluous but humans tend to gravitate toward putting things in little boxes. I just have nothing better to do than ask question such as these.
>>
>>7861231
anyway, on topic:
>If I am MtF, how the fuck do I know which of these labels I fall under?
if you made it to 4chan, you're a hell of a lot more likely to be agp than not
>Define TruTrans
a meme
i tried to introduce the typology so people would stop spreading the meme
apparently i wished on a monkey's paw
>And I thought AGP was discredited as pseudoscience?
a lot of people wish it was, but no
the typology is the most consistently replicated finding in all transsexualism research
>>
while these may be important terms to look up and understand the meaning of and self assess yourself, 4chan has taken it upon themselves to be armchair gender therapists and use the terms to "diagnose" someones orientation based on a few sentences, ridicule them, and claim to be of the more proper transgender orientation. so it's better to ignore these particular terms.
also HS is supposed to be an acronym for homosexual, exclusively, not heterosexual, because that's not confusing.
>>
>>7861395
>Do all "trans" people fall into these two categories?
Yes, unless you count the occasional gay boy transitioned by his parents because they felt a trans daughter would be more acceptable as not being HSTS.

>And what about the slur "hon?" Can a "hon" be either of these things?
A hon is an older, non-passing mtf, so typically AGP because they transition later.
>>
>>7861400
>if you made it to 4chan, you're a hell of a lot more likely to be agp than not

This seems highly exaggerated.
>>
>>7861395
Hon is an ugly mtf(male to female) tranny that doesn't pass(looks like a man still)
HSTS would be commonly referred to as a "transbian", and AGP is essentially getting turned on by the thought of being a woman. These are often called the "bad" trannys, and TruTrans is a meme.
normal trannys don't have to fall under either, but CAN fall under either or both.
>>
>>7861419
consider this:
hstses fit into society as their transitioned sex but not their natal, pre-transition they have the same hobbies and interests that would be expected from people of their transitioned sex with little exception
what is 4chan's gender ratio?
>>
>>7861407
Then, could you elaborate on the qualifications for these two categories?

Let's say, if someone wants to transition around the "early transition" age, but is unable due to cultural stipulations and is forced to remain closeted for fear of being ostracized, do they no longer qualify as (the meme) TruTrans?
>>
>>7861437
>hstses fit into society as their transitioned sex but not their natal, pre-transition they have the same hobbies and interests that would be expected from people of their transitioned sex with little exception
where are you getting this?
>>
>>7861437
I am aware of the 70:30 gender ratio.

Now, what are some of these "hobbies?"
>>
>>7861453
>do they no longer qualify as (the meme) TruTrans?
There is no TruTrans. No transperson is more "true" than any other besides how badly dysphoric they are.
>>
>>7861437
Then how come the FtMs here have plenty of AAPs?
>>
>>7861475
So, if I don't get sexually aroused at the thought of me being a woman, but instead cry whenever I look in the mirror, then I am not AGP?
>>
>>7861496
Some AGPs repress their fantasies, the same way a repressed gay man might. Sexual orientations aren't always obvious.

The clue is whether you have an idealized woman in your mind that you desire to be.
>>
>>7861457
reality
>>7861473
i dunno, i don't know what girls do
vague observations (skewing nerdy because that's most of the girls i've known):
tumblr
yaoi/shojo anime
ya literature
'walking simulator' video games
fanfiction
>>7861486
because a*ps seem to be a little more androgynous-shifted than other mostly-gender-conforming members of their natal sex
also, a lot of trans guys who make it to 4chan in my experience came here because they were ostracized from all the other ftm communities (same deal on the mtf end, really) which just requires being 'truscum' -- a hell of a lot of the 'truscum' i've met are stereotypical tumblrinas with one slightly different opinion, let alone aaps
>>
>>7861525
>The clue is whether you have an idealized woman in your mind that you desire to be.

What does it mean to have/not have an idealized woman in your mind?
>>
>>7861526
>because a*ps seem to be a little more androgynous-shifted than other mostly-gender-conforming members of their natal sex
That's consistent with the classic failed male AGP, but is it also true for the highly successful as men AGPs?
>>
>>7861532
Talk a bit about your sexuality, your feelings towards men and women, and your dysphoria.
>>
>>7861231
AGP is debunked psuedoscience, HSTS is meaningless. The only requirement for being transgender is legitimate gender dysphoria.
>>
>>7861536
it's not true for the successful-male agps, but it doesn't need to be. it's a very minor shift (an agp of my acquaintance described the typical pre-transition/non-transition agp as 'the sensitive, nerdy guy with a ponytail' -- not totally gender-conforming, but in most western subcultures today an unremarkable gender presentation), and assuming a standard distribution -- there's no reason not to -- a substantial minority of agps would be much more typically masculine than the average non-agp male.
>>
>>7861551
>legitimate gender dysphoria
>legitimate
Define.
>>
>>7861573
What is the shift exactly? 'sensitive' is vague, and 'nerdy' is more masculine than feminine in the first place.
>>
>>7861546
I have had male sexual fantasies ever since I was just a kid, but living in the bible belt has made me repress them. Dated a girl in high school for a while until I realized I hated it.

Feelings toward men and women? What sort of feelings? I can't think of anything except some nihilistic garbage.

My dysphoria is immobilizing. When cranked up to 100%, all of my mental health problems are in full force.
>>
>>7861588
You're saying very little.

What are the fantasies?

You don't have any specific feelings towards either gender?

What triggers your dysphoria and what helps it? Crossdressing for example.
>>
>>7861231
It's all meme bullshit, OP. These fuckers can't help you; go see a therapist.
>>
>>7861605
Apologies, I'm saying very little because I am unsure what to say.

I am attracted to men. If it has a penis, I like it.

Specific feelings? Perhaps I'm biased, but my abusive father has not shed a nice light on men for me. Regardless, I would still like one in my life.

Just seeing pretty girls triggers it. What helps it is sleeping for 18 hours straight and avoiding all contact with cis-women.
>>
>>7861626
>>7861605
Clarification, I use "man" very strictly here. I prefer the female figure, but having a dick is ideal.
>>
>>7861626
What is it about the thought of being a pretty girl that is so appealing?
>>
>>7861652
That I am hideous and I will never look like they do.
>>
>>7861664
I guess you're HSTS but I'm not an expert and it's hard to get a clear picture of your transness.

Why are you so concerned over your type?
>>
>>7861686
I have a crippled self-esteem and I see a lot of bashing of the two types on this board. I was purely curious.
>>
>>7861526
so anecdotal evidence?
>>
>>7861686
>>7861690
>literally playing armchair gender physchologist like I predicted.
4chan can't help you anon
>>
>>7861690
Ignore the bashing. They are different but they are what they are and should both be understood.
>>
>>7861732
>OP asks her type
>"omg people literally trying to do what OP asked!"
>"as predicted!"
>>
>>7861587

>nerdy girls are masculine
>nerdy guys who get dunked on by jocks are masculine
>>
>>7861776
If you're asked to think of a nerd, do you think of a boy or a girl?
>>
>>7861732
I'm not here for help. As I mentioned, I am purely curious.
>>
trutrans: my peen moves
hon: my peen doesnt move
>>
>>7861402
Voice of reason, desu.

To be fair though, I've found 4chan as a source of brutal honesty and shameless will to put the politically incorrect out there. There is value from 4chsn therapists iff you can sift through the muck.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.