[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will minoxidil fix my hair but fuck my face?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: $_35.jpg (12KB, 219x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
12KB, 219x300px
So i'm mid 20's mtf 6 months on hrt, and my hairline and crown are major concerns and sources of dysphoria for me, im already on Cypro estrogen and dutasteride, and considering adding minoxidil

However, I read a lot of people reporting that minoxidll made there faces sag like shit and gave them wrinkles and black under the eyes. And i followed up on some peer reviewed studies that show minoxidil fucking the shit out of collagen in cells.

I am terrified of starting minoxidil now, I am actually liking my face a lot now, i dont want to fuck it just to fix my hair :(

pleas someone tell me i'm just being paranoid or something
>>
>>7857535
use nizoral shampoo
>>
>>7857551
Does it actually work? I'm not too bad but my temples have receded a bit. I just started using nizoral 1% until I can afford propecia. Hoping it will at least make my hairline not recede any further.
>>
>>7857535
use propecia not minoxidil

minoxidil will make you grow hair on your back and in your ears and other places where you never thought you would grow hair.
>>
>>7857535
I use Minoxidil but I'm FTM and I'm using it for facial hair. My skin is still pretty soft and I found out it has the added benefit of actually being pretty good at killing acne.
>>
>>7860281
It works eventually, a lot of people see no progress or even shedding in the first month. Basically you have to use it for 3 months to know if it isn't working
>>
>>7860321
she's already on dutasteride. do you even know what """propecia""" actually is?
>>
>>7857535

Minox is sold over the counter, so it should be relatively save if used as instructed on the label. If you have any doubt, ask a doctor.

My advise: use it, but discontinue it as soon as you notice any unwanted side effects.

>pretty good at killing acne.

100% this. I always had acne problems until I started using minox for beard grow.
>>
>>7860784
>started using minox for beard grow
minox helps with beard?
oh my god
i'm defo gonna do this :O
>>
>>7857535

If you're on HRT then you don't have dihydrotestosterone in your body left for FIN to block. Your HRT will completely restore all the hair its possible for you to gain back since it doesn't help places where the follicles have completely died.

Min can sometimes help restore places that don't have hair, but its not likely. Hair transplant is really your only option, but on the upside if you stay on HRT it won't fall out again.
>>
>>7857535

Also, once your DHT is completely from your body like HRT does all of the follicles miniaturized by the DHT will go into a "rest" phase all at once. This can make it seem like your hairline is actually getting worse, but in reality all the hair you lost after you lose your DHT will simply come back thicker after like 6-9 months.
>>
Use the foam to minimise spreading. Most f the skin issues is surfaced blood vessels so it's reversible if you get it
Also wait until your 1 year on hormones and you can minimise shedding as miniaturised hairs will have begun to fix themselves
>>
>>7862171

Will stop having any effect after you stop treatment and youll lose it.

So what you end up with is expensive maintenance.
>>
>>7857535
I have not paid attention to face sag, but no under-eye darkness to report here. In your situation, I would wait longer for hormones to do more for hair regrowth.

Cons
>potential skin issues
>facial and body hair grow faster
>have to apply it 1-2 times a day (it's greasy and takes hours to dry
>stopping will cause hair to thin again

Pros
>hair on your head
>confidence and lessened dysphoria
>>
>>7863211
Pros to waiting for hormonal hair regrowth
>no money spent on minox
>don't have to keep using minox in fear of hair falling back out
>no "my hair looks great but my face is back to looking like crap. Why did I trade one dysphoric symptom for another?"
>>
>>7860281
use nizoral 2% twice a week, keep using it even if you're on dutasteride

you'll see amazing progress
>>
>>7862288
Finasteride still does stuff even if you're on hrt. Studies show that cyproterone and Finasteride are more effective at treating androgenetic hairloss and hirsutism in cis women when used together.
>>
>>7860281

Been using for 4 years. It completely stopped my hairloss which I think it does for the majority of people that use it. However, It only regrows hair in a small percentage of people.
>>
>>7864925
Honestly it's fine if I don't get any regrowth, I would love it but i'm not like v shaped or anything yet. I just want to make sure I don't get to that point.
>>
File: stella.gif (38KB, 460x398px) Image search: [Google]
stella.gif
38KB, 460x398px
>>7857535
I recommend "Regenpure dr". It's a shampoo with 1% Nizoral in it. The advantage is that you can use it every day because it is very gentle to your hair and scalp.

Also I would check tension in your scalp. The dysphoria could have caused so much stress in you that your scalp is under tension permanently. Some people think that this might be a contributing factor to hair loss. Do you have horizontal wrinkles on your face?

I'm basically in your situation. The difference is that I didn't get duta from my endo (I'm on cypro, estrogen and fin).
Minox is no option for me. I don't want to be dependent on this stuff and the possibility that it might ruin my face freaks me out tbqh.

I already have some regrowth, but it's not really terminal hair but rather blonde hair. It's all over the place and I can grab it easily with my fingers. The weird thing is that it is getting quite long but is not turning into terminal hair (I have brown hair).

My plan is to calm down and continue to wait some time. After that I might get a hair transplant.
>>
>>7866621
I have the same thing with hrt growing lots of long vellas hairs in my hairlinbe, im realy hopping they turn into terminal hairs with time
>>
>>7868855
I wish you good luck.
Keep in mind that the vellas will fall out before terminal hair grows.
>>
Is dutasteride better than fin while on HRT or is Fin just fine?
>>
>>7874730
Dutas is over 100X better than fin at blocking the second type alpha reductase enzyme, and just as good at blocking the first.
so yea Dutas>Fin
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.