[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scholars find no evidence of "being born" gay or transgender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: moly9.jpg (7KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
moly9.jpg
7KB, 220x180px
In a 143 page report. Scholars at the University of John Hopkins concluded that

"Examining research from the biological, psychological, and social sciences, this report shows that some of the most frequently heard claims about sexuality and gender are not supported by scientific evidence. "

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/number-50-fall-2016
>>
>>7849924
Ah yes, the high impact factor journal of developmental biology, (((The New Atlantis)))
>>
>>7849924
>Paul McHugh

No one cares.
>>
>>7849924
>implying most of us don't already know that
>>
>>7849941
>>7849942
So because it doesn't agree with you, it's "fake news"?
>>
>>7849950
I put Jew echoes around the journal, your argument is invalid.
>>
>>7849950
No reading this completely cured me!!

What do you expect btw? That someone is going to read this and be like "lol it was in my head the whole time" and just stop? Be real.
>>
>>7849950
Paul McHugh is a meme scientist who allowed his own personal beliefs to cloud his work. No one but people with an agenda consider him a reliable source on information on sexuality/gender. P.s.: lack of evidence for a thing doesn't mean the opposite of it is true, just that we don't know.
>>
I don't know. I just know in 1st grade a cute blond boy would sort of bully me and I would get a hard on.
>>
F A K E N E W S
>>
>the concept of sexual orientation itself is highly ambiguous; it can refer to a set of behaviors, to feelings of attraction, or to a sense of identity
it means I like dicks
>Epidemiological studies show a rather modest association between genetic factors and sexual attractions or behaviors, but do not provide significant evidence pointing to particular genes
so there is evidence, we just don't fully understand the cause?
>here is also evidence for other hypothesized biological causes of homosexual behaviors, attractions, or identity — such as the influence of hormones on prenatal development — but that evidence, too, is limited
right, thanks for cleaing up that there is evidence, but we're not 100% on the cause
>One environmental factor that appears to be correlated with non-heterosexuality is childhood sexual abuse victimization
this is incredibly inflammatory and also offers no more causal evidence than the evidence you just discredited in the previous two points
>>
File: thank u fam.png (662KB, 976x1400px) Image search: [Google]
thank u fam.png
662KB, 976x1400px
duh
homosexuality occurs from various external factors such as the environment you're raised in and what your parents beliefs are
>>
>>7849924
Of course nobody is born with a sexuality or gender identity, children are retarded. You're shaped throughout life by a billion different factors outside of your control. Anyone can become gay by being molested by their uncle, and anyone can be tricked by jews into developing gender dysphoria. If you get a mental illness along the way, you just have to treat it. It doesn't matter where it came from.
>>
>>7849924
EVEN IF I'M NOT BORN WITH IT DOESN'T MEAN THERE'S ANY WAY I CAN CHANGE IT SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER??
i honestly think people only pushed the 'born this way' meme so straighties would shut the fuck up about people being ""converted"" to gayness or whatever.
>>
File: knowledge waters.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
knowledge waters.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
The New Atlantis... is a quarterly journal about the social, ethical, political, and policy dimensions of modern science and technology. The journal is published in Washington, D.C. by the social conservative advocacy group the Ethics and Public Policy Center...

The Ethics and Public Policy Center (EPPC) is a conservative Washington, D.C.-based think tank and advocacy group. Founded in 1976, the group describes itself as "dedicated to applying the Judeo-Christian moral tradition to critical issues of public policy".

Dr. Paul Rodney McHugh is an American psychiatrist, researcher, and educator. He is University Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine... His stance on sexuality, gender, and medical treatment for transgender individuals have been controversial... McHugh considers homosexuality to be an “erroneous desire". He co-authored a criticism of medical treatment for transgender youth published by the American College of Pediatricians.

The American College of Pediatricians [Note: NOT the American Academy of Pediatrics!] is an advocacy group of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States... The organization's view on parenting is at odds with the position of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which holds that sexual orientation has no correlation with the ability to be a good parent and to raise healthy and well-adjusted children. The American College of Pediatricians has been described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a "hate group", with "a history of propagating damaging falsehoods about LGBT people.
>>
File: argument.jpg (72KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
argument.jpg
72KB, 598x792px
>>7850532
Also:
https://hub.jhu.edu/2016/09/29/gender-sexuality-report-response/
>Johns Hopkins faculty members disavow report on gender, sexuality
>Several Johns Hopkins University faculty members authored a Baltimore Sun op-ed in which they express concerns about >a recent report that they say mischaracterizes the current state of science on gender and sexuality.
>They note that the report, "Sexuality and Gender: Findings from the Biological and Psychological and Social Sciences," was >"not published in the scientific literature, where it would have been subject to rigorous peer review prior to publication. >It purports to detail the science of this area, but it falls short of being a comprehensive review."
>>
>>7850532
Anything with paul mchugh tends to be horse shit.
>>
>>7849950
No, it's because we know who Paul McHugh is. He's been releasing biased reports against homosexuality since the 70s. If all he did were suggest that it was a choice then I wouldn't care, but he constantly cites Catholicism as a basis for his beliefs. I'm sure that many of the things he says are true, but he shows a very clear bias.
>>
>>7849924
It's not a peer reviewed journal, it's bogus rag with no peer review that tried to hide its legitimacy

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/beware-bogus-theories-of-sexual-orientation/
>>
>>7850738
>WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning!
thank god i can finally be in peace
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 1136x640px
>>7849924
reminder to everyone that the op is the infamous ban dodging LGBP pedophile

He's proudly admitted to his evasion and pedophilia advocacy and only started to damage control and make it seem like it was a joke after everyone retched at his ilegal shit.

Sage, report, don't reward him with talk unless if it's to marshal a ban against his pedophile ass.
>>
>>7849924
Paul McHugh is a pedo
>>
>Paul McHugh

wew lad
>>
>>7849950
If it's good enough for the President...
>>
>>7850738
/x/, get out of here with your dumb bullshit. Really? A ghost girl is going to kill me on Monday? What else will you tell me? That I'm a distant relative of a now exiled Nigerian prince? Fuck off.
>>
>John Hopkins

good one
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.