[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moonlight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: moonlight.jpg (1MB, 1200x1738px) Image search: [Google]
moonlight.jpg
1MB, 1200x1738px
Anyone here watched this movie?

What did you think of it?
>>
File: 1472517051566.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472517051566.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
I regret watching it
>>
>>7844898
any specific reason behind that or you just didn't like it?
>>
>>7844916
It just reminded me of this gay latino kid I knew in high school, sure he wasn't black but he was browner than a paper bag but I knew he had it rough growing up...didn't help he kinda looked a like a ayyylamo also. It tries to hard to pull on your heart strings to the point its just yanking them without earning it.
>>
>>7844953
overall I liked it but I think I see what you're saying and agree to a certain point. thank you for the response.
>>
>>7844898
>>7844916

no him I agree. watched it, waste of time. Its the typical oscar bate movie. yeah it has great acting and colors, but its boring as fuck with a stupid ass non-ending that resolves nothing. its also one of the movies about one persons whole entire life and doesn't center on any specific one challenge or story. It breaks his life into three eras, as a kid, in highschool, and as an adult. He becomes just stereotypical 50 cent clone that just isn't believable. I also hate any movies that glorifies drug dealers as victims, and glorifies drug dealing as a some sort of high paying, rewarding career. Its just one of those things were you're both racist AND homophobic if you don't act like you loved it.
>>
>>7844886
it was objectively a really good film, and a lot more relateable than i expected. too bad most normies would probably assume it's some kind of pc agenda-pushing shit and won't even give it a chance.
>>
good movie.

wish arrival got the oscar instead
>>
>>7844987
No shit, you know your movie is in trouble if fucking Quantum of Solace did a better job of wrapping up a personal struggle at the end.
>>
>>7844987
don't really agree with most of what you said here I thought the ending was alright

I do agree with
>He becomes just stereotypical 50 cent clone that just isn't believable.
I would have liked to see more development there and how he got to that point I think
>>
>>7844886
kino
watch it OP
>>
>>7845018
this
>>
>>7845590
I already did that's why I made a thread for people to discuss about it
>>
>>7844886
Glad it won instead of La La Land
>>
>>7844886
I thought it was quite good

But I do have to admit the last act did seem a little lackluster in terms of ending the story
>>
>>7844987
It didn't glorify drug dealers, literally, what is your problem?
>>
>>7844886
first two thirds of the movie were 10/10, the last third was a bit uninteresting.
>>
>>7844886
It's really good and is going to be in a bunch of theaters this weekend, definitely worth watching
>>
>>7844886
For me, it was the type of movie that I could only ever watch one time because of how heavy the subject matter is, definitely one of the better movies I've seen in a good while though.

>>7844987
I hope this is a troll post because if you seriously believe what you wrote here you are dumb as fuck my man.
>>
I did, it was pretty /comfy/.
>>
>>7846508
>>7846543
probably one of those jews control all media people

>>7846604
idk what you consider comfy but for me this was not comfy at all

still great movie though
>>
I'm glad it won because it really is a well made movie. The gay suffering with his sexuality plotline has been done a thousand times but this movie fovused less on that and more on Chiron repressing himself anf closing himself off from the world in order to meet people's expectations of him and to protect himself. The cinematography reflects this in that there isn't a single establishing shot in the movie. Everything is filmed almost exclusively within mid-range. Chiron can't connect with the world around him and thus the background is almost entirely blurry all the time
>>
>>7844886
redpill the movie
>>
The first two acts were good. Then the protag transforms into some buff sexy black guy *offscreen* and is supposed to have chemistry with an ugly dude who had a handsome younger counterpart. The casting is like wtf?
The ending even more so. The "resolve" is literally one (1) shot of them spooning and crying
>>
>>
pretty shitty movie that is pc
oh he's gay and black what a soldier
literally being gay is not some magical talent
it just is what it is
>>
>>7848159

This. Trying to normalize everything isn't really good for us. Being legitimately oppressed is a good thing to stop the losers who just want to conform by acting differently (the irony i know). Michael Jordan got it right though at the start of the movie, you just gotta choose
>>
>>7844886
>shitty movie about a literal niggerfaggot criminal
who cares
>>
Not sure if I'm gonna watch it.

But really this movie came at a really shitty moment.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.