[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the pandering become too much? Why the fuck do they feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4515.png (923KB, 995x771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4515.png
923KB, 995x771px
Has the pandering become too much? Why the fuck do they feel the need to announce this like that want a special award? STOP FUCKING LOOKING FOR BROWNIE POINTS
>>
>>7841336
It's Disney. They're so concerned with their family friendly image, that's actually pretty impressive news.
It's not pandering to simply include a character that isn't straight.

Also, it's common courtesy to include an article link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39125727/beauty-and-the-beast-to-feature-disneys-first-gay-character-and-love-scene
>>
File: bilderberg.jpg (2MB, 3434x2959px) Image search: [Google]
bilderberg.jpg
2MB, 3434x2959px
>>7841336

>anno domini MMXVII
>watching movies without expecting to get a political agenda shoved down your throat

I don't think you fully understand the situation we're in.
>>
>>7841353
>gay people exist
>political agenda
>>
>>7841349
I'm not saying that can't have a gay character, I'm saying do they have to announce it and tell all the media? It comes across as pandering. Why can't I see the movie and see he's gay or be like "oh he's gay" like it's no big deal. Instead they have to take the media and spread the news like they are saving gay peoples lives with this.
>>
>>7841356
It's an online news article. Literally anything vaguely interesting gets covered.
>>
>>7841336
Lumiere was always gay and the first gay character on a disney movie was that lesbian couple on Searching for Dolly
>>
>>7841355
As much as I hate to admit, acknowledging gay people exist without saying they're evil is seen as politically left wing.
It's stupid, nonsensical and deluded, but look on the bright side, atleast we're better off than trannies.
>>
>>7841336
>complaining about about a character being a fag while being a fag yourself

Why is /polgbt/ so full of cucks?
>>
>>7842724
>acknowledging gay people exist without saying they're evil is seen as politically left wing.
really makes you go hmm
>>
>>7842724
but we just want them to put the lotion on the skin :C
>>
>>7841356
I think it's part pandering, part wanting to reduce any outrage from parents walking out of the movies when it's suddenly in the film.

Honestly I'm sick of seeing people freak out, as if LeFou DIDN'T have a massive hard-on for Gaston with that damn song he sang in the original.
>>
>>7844748
>as if LeFou DIDN'T have a massive hard-on for Gaston with that damn song he sang in the original.
this lgtbqh
>>
>>7842749
Being pandered to with one-dimensional gay characters shoehorned into a fucking Disney Princess movie is just lame. You don't have to be /polgbt/ to realize this.
>>
Well this is a lie. There have been canon gays in Disney movies already like Zootopia had the gay elk-things there are others that have been confirmed.

Disney is pulling this media shit to pull in money.
>>
File: Bucky_and_Pronk.jpg (43KB, 540x267px) Image search: [Google]
Bucky_and_Pronk.jpg
43KB, 540x267px
>>7845331
There was also a lesbian couple in Finding Dory.
>>
>>7841336
"Pandering" is just another word for marketing. It's what all corporations do.

If you support capitalism and the free market, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7844783
>movie isn't even out
>already judging the ""supposed gay character"".
>>
>>7841355
Like that was something they could control. Al Gore and Hillary Clinton let gay marriage support slip because they didn't want to risk losing any support until it was already being legalized and then put the ship in reverse at full speed to virtue signal it for votes

If you promote gay and pro-lgbt shit as a business it equals more money and gets you to think more positively of their brand. Otherwise they wouldn't do it at all.
>>
>>7845631
>if you disapprove of any kind of marketing whatsoever, you are a communist

>>7845645
You'll see.
>>
>>7845631
Capitalism means consumer power. Fuck pandering, keep your money away from Disney.
>>
>>7841336
yes, shit like this makes me nervous because now all the straighties will just yell at me more for 'pushing my sexuality onto other people' even when i couldnt care less about mainstream culture

also like, taking something already made and rebranding it (unless it's something you specifically care about and want to make original) just to score SJW points is stupid. i'd rather have an ORIGINAL lgbt character, not a re-hash of an already done well film?

capitalism is now exploiting lgbt people because we're somewhat profitable
>>
>>7845714
>all the straighties will just yell at me more for 'pushing my sexuality onto other people'
Your sexuality is being pushed onto other people, just not by you.

>capitalism is now exploiting lgbt people because we're somewhat profitable
Virtue signalers are exploiting progressives using LGBT people.
>>
>>7845704
no, i love pandering
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.