[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was HIV God's punishment to gays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

I mean how often does a new disease just pop up out of nowhere and just impact one group of people so disproportionately? This cannot be a coincidence can it?
>>
>>7835018
I don't think HIV would be killing so many straight people if it were sent by Yahweh to punish gay people.

I also don't think you actually believe in Yahweh. I think you're just roleplaying and making a joke about a deadly disease to be edgy.
>>
>>7835029
Are you talking about Africa? Because the millions of deaths that are attributed to AIDS are actually from malnutrition. Various charities and aid organisations make up the numbers to receive more funding.
>>
>>7835055
I'm talking about Earth. HIV is a global issue.
>>
Can't really call it a punishment when poz loads are in high demand.

Also we had this shit figured out years ago, just don't be a dum dum slut and you'll be okay.
>>
No, niggers.

The rest of us are dumb enough to have let it escape Africa in the first place.
>>
>>7835071
Not really. If you're a straight dude who doesn't do drugs and only bangs women your chances of getting HIV are minuscule.

Just look who is at risk of HIV:
- Gays
- Drug addicts
- Prostitutes
- Transgender women

All of these people have some serious moral failing and the greater the immorality the higher the risk it seems. MTF trannys for example have even great risk than gays! To me this seems like some kind of message from a higher power. Some kind of divine retribution.
>>
>>7835087
But the fact straight people can get it and especially the fact that an innocent child can get it from his mom in pregnancy kinda disproves the whole god theory. He's god, he could have magically made it so straight people are immune.
>>
>>7835092
The military has a term for that don't they? "Collateral damage"
>>
>>7835098
The military isn't omnipotent.
>>
>>7835018
It's god's punishment for white people for raping Africans.
>>
>>7835103
I certainly don't claim to have all the answers. God works in mysterious ways.

Anyway most of the straights who got it only were infected because a gay did something wrong like donate blood or continue sleeping with women.

Bottom line is without sex before marriage and and adultery HIV would be impossible to spread. Follow the rules of God and you will be protected.
>>
>>7835018
I though the whole "you're blind because you sinned" nonsense had died out with you people.
>>
>>7835087

I think it effects gays more because of the prevalence of casual anal sex, which is the easiest way to spread it outside of drinking straight up AIDs blood.

Straight people are much less likely to do anal, especially during a casual hookup where girls don't plan for it, so it doesn't spread as quickly.

And guys are much less picky than girls, so in gay world everyone has the opportunity to hook up as much as they please, whereas the average straight guy will have less partners because of the 80/20 rule.
>>
why do people pretend to be religious on 4chan??

>Follow the rules of God and you will be protected.
this is just so obvious and lame
>>
>>7835136
Because nothing triggers a faggot more than religious piety. I would have thought that was obvious.
>>
>>7835171
Not really, they just write you off as a moron.
>>
>>7835136
God always makes for a good laugh.
>>
>>7835029
I dunno. God seems to pray and spray an awful lot whenever he goes all Old-Testament on humanity. He needed the Hebrews to paint their doors with goat's blood as a ward against his murder of the firstborn sons of Egypt. Plagues of locusts against re pretty indiscriminate. And let's not forget flooding the entire world. God definitely has shit aim.
>>
>>7835171
No, we just dismiss their opinion entirely, because they're basing them on an ancient book written by Jews, with no basis in reality.
>>
>>7835273
>no basis in reality
No basis in reality? Thou shalt not kill, Honor thy mother and thy father, Thou shalt not commit adultery... Seems firmly grounded in reality to me.
>>
>>7835018
The HIV crossover from old world apes to humans likely happened several times over thousands of years. Radiolab did a great segment on it with their updated "Patient Zero" episode.

They originally focused on the original Patient Zero, and the first use of that term with the French Canadian airline steward who was the "original" HIV vector in North America. Then they updated to include some plausible speculation on HIV's origins in apes. The conclusion that they drew was that HIV's spread to the developed world happened more because we became an interconnected world. If it hadn't been Patient Zero it would have innevitally happened at a later date and we would have called that person Patient Zero.
>>
>>7835286
Not that anon, but I'm assuming they mean the cosmology of Christianity and whether the mythology has any basis in reality.
>>
>>7835286
Abusive, bad or neglectful parents don't deserve respect or honor.
Morality should be dictated by logic and reason, not a holy book.
>>
>>7835018
HIV was completely cured in the first human being recently using CASPR. Look it up
>>
>>7835340
Morality should be dictated by optimization. Logic and reason has the tendency to become just as idealistic despite offering no real practically beneficial returns
>>
yeah, aids is definitely a divine punishment created by a fictitious deity... that sounds legit
>>
Man has outsmarted 'god' with antivirals. Lmao

More africans die with this, maybe it's meant to punish the blacks.
>>
>>7835480
But we weren't suppose to. By stopping aids we were stopping Gods will and playing God. Our evil ways will bring the world to an end.
>>
>>7835483
Spoiler
>there is no god
>>
>>7835480
I wouldn't call taking a cocktail of toxic drugs every day just to stay alive a success story. It would kind of tell me that hey nature intends me to be dead and I am just messing with a divine plan here.

The Africans are dying of malnutrition which suppresses the immune system and is therefore presents similar symptoms and is counted as AIDS. HIV rates in Africa is just a wild guess. Do you really think they go out to every remote village and test millions of people?
>>
>>7835118
>God works in mysterious ways
comes up with a convoluted theory explaining god's reasoning for doing this or that.

someone finds a flaw in the "logic".

it's all good, senpai. god works in mysterious ways
>>
>>7835118

emts are at high risk for hiv and it's got fuckall to do with anything "immoral"
>>
>>7835447
Nope, the HIV managed to adapt to the modifications and gain resistance and was back. They noticed two weeks later
Their next approach will be modifying multiple crucial genes to prevent it from being able to survive that long.
t. Read that article yesterday
>>
>>7835018
Yeah, great shit logic, the kind that has been keeping dumbasses running to churches for centuries. Does this mean that Zika is god's punishment to babies?
>>
>>7835055
>malnutrition
Is that God's punishment to blacks?
>>
>>7835087
MTF have a high risk of HIV because they're disproportionately forced to become sex workers
>>
>>7835018
Is god punishing Christians by making them statistically have disproportionately lower i.q.'s, stricken with poverty, and higher bmi's?
God works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>7835483
>God is mysterious and all powerful abd allowed a virus that affected apes to cross over to humans as a divine punishment, but not mysterious and all powerful enough to stop humans from devising treatment options that allow HIV patients to live for decades with mostly normal daily function.

How is it going through life bein this stupid?
>>
>>7836624
It's their punishment for kicking out all the white farmers.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.