[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we entirely sure we can't cure the gay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: (5)1488232334069.gif (166KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
(5)1488232334069.gif
166KB, 480x270px
Are we entirely sure we can't cure the gay?
>>
Why would I need to cure something that isn't a problem?
>>
>>7832872
I think we need to cure homophobia that still persists in some people.
>>
>>7832884
Maybe it's not a problem to you but it may be a problem to someone else
Like if a guy realizes he is gay in his 40s and he has a wife and kids im pretty sure he would rather be cured
>>
>>7832900
How come phobia is treated like hatred all of the sudden? Why do people lose their jobs over an irrational pathological fear they have no control over?
>>
File: 1481414456813.jpg (29KB, 487x515px) Image search: [Google]
1481414456813.jpg
29KB, 487x515px
>>7832901
>realizes he is gay
>has a wife
>and kids
>>
>>7832910
Denial is very powerful, this situation is actually really common. Just because you can't lie to yourself into fucking a girl doesn't mean others cant
>>
>>7832905
>pathological
lmao
i couldnt care less about homophobia but no fear is unable to be conquered
>>
>>7832919
But firing someone over it reinforces it and in the person's mind it justifys every single thing they believe about homosexuals
Hell not only that but whenever another person has homophobia they will listen to him and also justify their fears based on the fact that he lost his job over it
It's a domino effect, fear is only a couple steps from. Paranohia
>>
>>7832905
Don't they cure phobias by forcing you to confront your fear so you can overcome it? Like if you have a fear of germs they make you get down on the ground and rub yourself with dirt?

Pretty sure no legit phobia therapy would allow you to wallow in your fear and avoid it your whole life.. that's just what retarded "triggered" tumblr faggots do because they want everyone to treat them like theyre special for being losers.

If you're actually afraid of homos, then you need to stop acting like a faggot and get over it.
>>
>>7832938
How is getting someone fired forcing him to confront his fears?
Anyways I don't think they try that anymore because it's cruelty
>>
>>7832955
No one gets fired for being afraid of gay people. They get fired for being an asshole to them, and making the workplace difficult because they refused to keep their bullshit to themselves.

If you get fired for being an asshole to women, or black people, or people with blue eyes, or whatever you happen to be "afraid" of, then no one has to give a flaming flying fucking shit how you feel about it or whether or not it "reinforces" your delusional fucking worldview. That's your problem and the great thing about you being fired is that it stays your problem until you fix it yourself.
>>
>>7832983
people get fired over bad jokes on twitter
the gay thing has been going on the longest
>They get fired for being an asshole to them
isnt humor a way to cope with fear?
doesnt fear make you ignorant?
how much of that assholish behaivour can you really claim is intentional
isnt it common for people in the closet to speak ill of homosexuals to reinforce their personal belief that they are straight? should these people get fired too?
>>
>>7833003
>people get fired over bad jokes on twitter
Social media is obviously not private. If they want to tell bad jokes that might offend others then they should do it anonymously or get a job somewhere they are not expected to be professional online.

>the gay thing has been going on the longest
?

>>They get fired for being an asshole to them
>isnt humor a way to cope with fear?
Probably.

>doesnt fear make you ignorant?
Typically.

>how much of that assholish behaivour can you really claim is intentional
What does that matter? If you hired someone who had an irrational fear of telephones and started freaking out and pissing themselves every time one rang, would it make any difference if they pissed themselves unintentionally?

>isnt it common for people in the closet to speak ill of homosexuals to reinforce their personal belief that they are straight? should these people get fired too?
Probably, and of course they should.

It makes no fucking difference why youre an asshole. That's your fucking problem.
A business is run to make money, not so the employees can work out their fucking mental problems and jack off their own ignorance in a "safe space".
>>
>>7833103
>Social media is obviously not private
moving the goalpost

>Probably, and of course they should.
well i cant argue with that
as long as people get fired only for being assholes to others its ok
that means if someone wants to donate money to anti gay lobby it shouldnt cost him his job
>>
>>7832872
>Are we entirely sure of anything?
No. Watch the fucking science channel, anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.