[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crush Problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 240px-Tesseract.gif (791KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Tesseract.gif
791KB, 240x240px
I have a crush. It's really simple. I have a crush on a gay/bi trans guy. It's not that complicated, right?

Except...

My friends hate him. I love him, but my friends hate him. And I can't confess to him because then they will hate me. And when they forgive me, or even if they don't hate me, (they are pro-LGBT, just anti-my crush), I'll be placing them in an awkward position. If they do accept my crush, and that's a big "if", because most of my friends hate him, because he broke the heart of my gay friend, and he hurt my friend by dumping her before coming out, they will have to accept me dating a person who they all hate, and they have mad it quite clear that he isn't supposed to be near him. So I would be basically forcing myself to not be near my friends, ever, or not being near him, ever. What should I do?

Pic unrelated, it's just some crazy pic I saved because boredom
>>
>>7821480
do your friends know you're such a thirsty slut
>>
>>7821534

I am the literal opposite of a slut.
>>
File: th.jpg (10KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10KB, 300x229px
>>7821534
>>
>>7821540
then why can't you contain yourself if you know you shouldn't date this evil villain
do you really find it so hard to veto a crush
>>
>>7821583

He isn't evil, He's a good person. You are presumably LGBT, you should know it's not possible to stop loving someone on demand
>>
>>7821608
if he's a good person why do your friends hate him
being a fag never stopped me from controlling myself around people i like, crushing on someone that doesn't even necessarily like you back is bad for you
>>
>>7821682

Because he broke up with one of them because he came out as gay and the other because he (the other gay friend) didn't stop messaging him (my crush) on facebook, blowing up his phone, and trying to hang out with him, all the while not knowing that my gay friend had a boyfriend.
>>
>>7821682

Sorry for the super late reply, I went to eat.
>>
>>7821480
I think generally it's awkward to date someone that your friends have dated/crushed on in the past. I think your friends see it as as sign of loyalty--that if you date him, you'll be betraying an unspoken agreement that he is off limits.
I'm not saying that it's good or right, but you will probably have to choose.
Choose your friends, who sound like they might like you conditionally.
Or your crush, who you don't know whether he likes you back/if you will like each other long after the relationship.
I would float the idea around your friends, starting with the people you trust most. Gauge who will continue being your friend if you pursue this relationship and see if your crush is worth the collateral damage.
>>
>>7821863
wew lad i didn't ask for this level of detail. listen i'm just a gay wizard but if you want my opinion i find your decision making process extremely wishy washy, never once in my life did i face such a stupid melodramatic situation where i didn't know what to do after thinking about it for 5 minutes. i suggest to grow a pair of balls and decide what's more important to you based on principles and not whimsical feelings, if you think a relationship with this person is going to be wholesome and good and they like you back then you're being a little bitch for letting your friends get in the way of your wellbeing, however if you're just thinking with your dick and trying to justify doing something you shouldn't be doing then you're being equally weak. never ask your friends what to do and never ask 4chan what to do
>>
>>7821930

Internet being stupid, so I'll make this brief

Dating an ex is a grey area. Being happy for your friend and not dating an ex, both equally important parts of the friend code. So it's a bit difficult. I'll try telling my friend that I like her ex, but the gay one can suck a dick (I'm a gay demiboy, I'm allowed to make gay jokes)
>>
>>7821947

I don't like him sexually. I'm in an awkward place, if I do end up with him, I'm an ass. If I don't, I'm miserable. I've been mulling this over for a month, but I still am tuck between following my heart or following the "friend code"
>>
>>7822035
if you like him enough that you'd be "miserable" without him, then date him. and explain to your friends why he's not an asshole (if he really isn't one, that is).

it's all relative--one guy probably isn't worth losing your entire friend group forever, but he might be worth a couple people gossiping or avoiding you for a while. none of us can decide what's more important to you.
>>
>>7822064

Thank you. I have friends who don't hate him, so I won't lose ALL my friends, just maybe 2, but they are my best friends, so...

Thank you.
>>
>>7822035
ordinarily, it should go without saying that you should never make important life sacrifices because your friends asked you to, because if you do and then the time comes when you ask them to do the same and they refuse you'll resent them and yourself. however, this situation is so petty and trivial that the above principle doesn't even apply, you're stuck between two whimsical desires, appease your friends or have fun, neither matter in the grand scheme of your life and yet you're letting this conflict torment you for a month. i don't want to bully you but i seriously hope this isn't how you live your life m8, it sounds like you have friends like women have "friends" and this results in all sorts of dumb drama so i'd say ignore them and go for it.
>>
>>7822075
they probably don't care as much as you think, honestly
>>
>>7822118

I hope not. But I'm a pessimist with depression and self esteem issues. So I worry.

>>7822097

Thank you. I try to live my life as best as possible, and most of the time, things aren't this complicated, but this is the time where it gets really bad and I have no fucking clue what to do. Thanks for your help
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.