[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a serious question for you all. Why have I never seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

I have a serious question for you all. Why have I never seen reference to the RHPS on this board? Seeing as you can find it playing in nearly every city in America on Saturday night and the Rocky crowd is packed with lgbt I figured I'd have seen it here at least once. Are you guys just to young to know about this or am I just weird?

Also, it's a great time in general and we should all group up and go to our local showings, it'd be a great bonding experience for the community. It's also been instrumental in my quest to understand my own issues, and I feel it could possibly help others.

Btw: the 1975 original, not that disaster that Fox put out last year.
>>
That's because going out to see it is a social experience and this board is populated with total basement dwellers.
>>
I was never a fan
I forever associate it with bad musicals and plays.
boring, over the top, pandering

I also dislike any rendition of Grease, which is all but Hersey in my family
>>
>>7810888
imo- different age group, most people on this board are under 25 and more concerned with more recent socio-politics like the whole alt-right thing
>>
>>7810897
>>7810908
Very good points, I hadn't thought about that.

>>7810902
Fair enough, but I loved the music and I think it's cheesy and over the top intentionally. So I guess that's just personal preference. As for pandering, I don't know. I never saw it as such but it is a possibility.

Though seeing the movie and seeing it live are so thoroughly different it's astounding. The people really make the scene and I've never found a friendlier, more open, or more accepting group in my life.
>>
Also, Tim Curry is one sexy mother fucker.
>>
File: ajax.png (181KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
ajax.png
181KB, 500x377px
When I first came out as trans my dad just kept telling me, "You ain't a woman... What was Dr. Frank N. Furter again? That's what you are."
The movie itself has grown on me, but between that and the fact that Richard O'Brien is an outspoken transmisogynist, I tend to think of its sexual and gender politics as outdated at best.
And because of that experience, I doubted I'd really find like minded people at those screenings so I've never been to one.
>>
>>7810983
I just had to Google the term transmisogynist and it didn't help at all. But I fail to see how the message "be what makes you happy" could possibly be outdated.
>>
>>7810888
idk about you OP but I've seen people bring this play up many times on this board. A couple of weeks ago there was a thread discussindiscusión whether Frank'n further was trans or not
>>
>>7811001
Op here
I come here somewhat regularly, but too many close-minded opinions from young people who don't know any better keep this from being my primary Hangout. I always wonder why nobody ever tries to get a group of us to meet up at a showing.
It'd be a good experience. Get a bunch of us sexual deviants together in an environment that welcomes and even celebrates it.
>>
>>7810994
"transmisogyny" is hatred and prejudice against transgender women specifically. And I used it to refer to Richard O'Brien's comments about transwomen not actually being women.
And "be what makes you happy" isn't the only possible lesson to glean from the film. Like I said, it taught my dad that no matter how I felt, I could only ever be a man in women's clothing -- a transvestite, like Dr. Frank N. Furter.
Needless to say, that didn't make my life as a transgender woman much easier.
And while it's possible to think of Dr. Frank N. Furter as someone who makes his dreams come true and leads everyone around him to blissful self-discovery, he can also be read as a depraved maniac who rapes, murders, and mentally manipulates his abused captives.
I'm not asking you to see the film in completely negative terms, but at least consider that it's possible.
>>
>wanting to hang out with other trannies
I always cringed the moment I stepped into my genderclinic.
Why would I ever wanna hang out with them if I can hang out with cis girls.

Im all for helping you guys out anonymously but I will never associate myself with the T on LGBT.
>>
>>7811033
Frank n Furter isn't a transwoman but a transvestite.
>>
>>7810983
transmisandrist*
>>
>>7810888
I think it's wonderful that people think being a tranny is related to this shit. Juden filth being forced into our gentile lgbt minds, and hailed as a (((pop culture))) cornerstone.

http://forward.com/culture/352199/the-secret-jewish-history-of-the-rocky-horror-picture-show/

>The original London stage version was produced by British-Jewish theatrical impresario Michael White, who was born to Eastern European Jewish-immigrant parents in Glasgow, Scotland.

>Dr. Frank-n-Furter’s lab coat in the movie was inspired by a Nazi concentration camp inmate uniform and was adorned by the pink triangle that the Nazis used to label what we now call LGBT inmates. And in the film at least, there were implications that Frank’s rival, Dr. Scott — who will be portrayed by Ben Vereen in the TV version — was a Nazi.

Oy, fucking, vey.
>>
File: 1410379976747.gif (141KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1410379976747.gif
141KB, 250x250px
>>7810935
>The people really make the scene and I've never found a friendlier, more open, or more accepting group in my life.
That just makes me feel anxiety OP.

Regardless of how "friendly", "open", or "accepting" the crowd is they'll see me, they'll see an awkward loner who looks out of place, and they'll absolutely avoid me socially.

>>7811034
>having enough social skills to have cis fem friends
Why are you on this board normie. Go hang out with your cisgirl friends. Stop tormenting me.
>>
can't speak for everyone but... i think the rhps is boring campy garbage and i hate musicals...
>>
>>7811033
I get that Frank wasn't a good person. He was a monster for sure, I know this. He gave no fucks about others, and he wasn't ashamed to be the lunatic he was. That was kinda the point.
The thing with your dad though is more on him.
>>
>>7810888
It's transgirl black face.
>>
my dad loves the movie, used to go to midnight showings, and audience participation. It wasn't ever an lgbt thing, it was a cult sci fi spoof that only became an lgbt thing when glee did an episode about it.
>>
I dunno probably because, as people have said, the whole character of Frank N Furter is a rapist and killer. That doesn't exactly make a good model for trans women.
Also the creator said trans women are not women, so that's also kinda eh
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.