[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

being trans at gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: lockerroom.jpg (44KB, 398x262px) Image search: [Google]
lockerroom.jpg
44KB, 398x262px
how does lgbt do this and have any of you had any issues?

i signed up for gold's gym with my cis friend and before we did i was really wary. like tried to look up their trans policy online (which i couldn't find) and then decided to ask them about it in person (which i didn't do because i kinda pussied out). my friend was like, "whatever no one gives a shit, it will be fine."

and i guess it was fine because they gave us a full tour of the women's locker room and everything. but now i'm starting to get freaked out. the area i live in is very conservative and my state is one pushing for a trans bathroom law "to protect women and children" and this shit might affect me at the gym. gold's gym is fucking expensive. if they fuck me what's going to happen? will i have to pay the $8 billion subscription cancelation fee? will i not be able to gym at all anymore? i don't fucking know.

and in my paranoia i try to look up gold's trans policy again, to find these videos that are equal parts cringey and ominous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_6mmqKfVxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRx0eXxNcg

like wtf is this shit. is this trans life in america now? just how fucked am i, as someone that actually needs to use the gym locker room to keep my shit in and sometimes change. if i go home after work to change by the time i get there it will be full of people and i'll never touch a squat rack again.

fuck.
>>
Just don't take your underwear off. There's literally no reason to. Shower when you go home. I'm ftm and I use a different gym, but I've never had an issue.
>>
>>7797734
This. Just only use the bathroom or sink. Shower and change at home.
>>
>>7797734
i've never taken my underwear off there. i just need to change from work clothes to gym clothes. and keep all my stuff (like car keys) in a fucking locker.

but now there's all this hateful shit in the news about trans people. and there is a very real possibility that it will be made illegal for me to use the locker room. i'm freaked out and feel like a fucking social justice heroine every time i go to the gym. it's awful :(

and even if my state doesn't pass the bullshit law, apparently it's corporate policy to fuck us raw? if someone notices i'm trans i'm scared they'll run to management and i'll have wasted all this money just to have it end in an embarrassing spat over my penis.

how is no one else scared and upset? :/
>>
>>7797717
>cringey and ominous

Care to know what is cringey and ominous? People like you invading women's changing room.
>>
>>7797775
Jeez what annoying whining freaking grow a pair.... oh nevermind.
>>
>>7797775
are there no like stalls or something to change in?

public changing rooms are weird desu
>>
>>7797867
they have like 2 big changing stalls you can change in. but those are still in the women's locker room, and people will still have opportunity to see me and decide to complain to management. which is what happened to that person in the youtube videos presumably. hopefully i pass better than her but who the fuck knows.
>>
>>7797717
I don't understand why anyone would use the locker rooms at a gym at all. Do your workout, go home, take a comfy shower in the privacy of your own place.
>>
>>7797717
the pt was completely fine in how he treated her imo. it's a private business. if you can pass as a male there's nothing wrong with abiding by the private establishments wishes and using the male bathroom.
>>
oh, didn't see the second video. it's a hon with tits. yeah just don't use the bathroom.
>>
>>7797717
It's gonna be an issue for me too, I started T a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably change gyms or something.
>>
>>7800735

Did anyone try to hit on you?
>>
Being trans in the change room made my anxiety shoot up. I got used to the feeling after a while and started to change where there is no men or just super old men. I never took my boxers off and had my back to the wall when I took off my shirt to hide my double incision scars. If your really paranoid just change in the family bathroom.
>>
>>7800745
It's my new gym so I haven't had many contacts yet.
>>
File: 1411219452848.jpg (151KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
1411219452848.jpg
151KB, 420x500px
>tfw will have to get a new job soon or talk to boss about getting to go to the other locker room
Shit would be really fucking awkward, but it's getting increasingly weird going into the men's room with tits and girl clothes.
>>
Try passing.
>>
>>7797808
Would be more credible if you weren't a milo pedo apologist
>>
Use the blokes fucking changing room ya fucking poofter.
>>
>>7801200
What job do you have?
>>
File: fathate.jpg (76KB, 618x360px) Image search: [Google]
fathate.jpg
76KB, 618x360px
bump. does this not worry anyone else?

also have some news.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/us/politics/devos-sessions-transgender-students-rights.html?_r=1
>>
>>7801813
Post office.
>>
>>7797717
be grateful you don't have a communal shower...
>>
>>7797717
Do gyms there really have locker rooms and shit?

Why is your kind so pretentious?
>>
Why was this thread copy and pasted on /r9k/ today
>>
File: 1385208252460.jpg (20KB, 361x371px) Image search: [Google]
1385208252460.jpg
20KB, 361x371px
>>7797717
OP sup nigga.

First off Golds are franchised and although there is a prevailing "culture" that is common to all Golds, each Golds will have its own minor quirks or ways of doing things that are dictated by the owners of the franchise. So for example if you live in Libville California and the franchise is run by George Soro's nephew or some shit there are probably 3 sets of locker rooms. In another area the franchise owner could be Habib Bin-Laden. In my city in Illinois the franchise is owned by a Mormon family who are incorporated in Utah... how and why the fuck they own the franchise here I have no clue.

Here is the thing about Golds culture people are chill as fuck and nobody is gonna fuck with anybody pretty much regardless of what they are doing, even if its off the fucking wall such as a fat guy working out in a thong bikini. However it just takes ONE member to complain and then it will be completely up to the Franchisee/Manager what happens.

First off do you pass? If you are clearly a biological male then Manager probably aint tryna hear your shit Tbh. What does your ID say? If your ID says you are a male then why are you using female locker rooms? If your ID says female then they will probably side with you unless they receive multiple and repeated complaints. If no ID then they will probably offer to allow you to use a family restroom or a vacant private workout room to change in.

Alternatively you could just come to the gym changed out already, and you can keep your stuff at the front desk, just tell them you arent comfortable using the locker rooms. Your gym might have a lower traffic set of locker rooms for the pool like mine does. Also dont forget you can still use the Men's locker room if you want, you arent gonna get raped.

Overall I think you will be fine IF YOU PASS, however if you plan on walking around with your dick out in the womens locker then at some point you will probably have an issue.

Golds member since 2010
>>
>>7802692
i seem to pass pretty well at first glace, but i really have no idea. been on hormones for years but i do have a big adam's apple. currently saving up for that surgery.

my ID says male because i think i'm required to actually have SRS to qualify. here's what the department of transportation page says:

"You are required to present documentation from your physician certifying completion of all operations necessary to effect a change of sex."

i just want to use the locker room in peace. i don't want to take my underwear off there or anything. this shit is actually making me emotional.
>>
I think two things:

Maybe first when asking about membership ask to speak directly to the manager about it.

The manager wants two things: he wants to not have to deal with shit/get sued by either you or by another member. So when you ask him about policy do it in a non-"these are my legal rights!" kind of way and more of a "this is what I'm hoping to get in a gym, and what I know is reasonable behavior in a locker room" and "I'm totally willing to work with any kind of dispute if another member has reasonable complaints" and just try to make it a two-way conversation. He wants to see that you're a chill person who's not looking to be the next Rosa Parks inside his gym.

And if he's not -- if in the conversation you're acting very humble yet it still looks like he genuinely does not want anything to do with your existence -- then you probably have the wrong gym.
>>
File: 1385208252441.jpg (13KB, 216x173px) Image search: [Google]
1385208252441.jpg
13KB, 216x173px
>>7804128
>i seem to pass pretty well at first glace, but i really have no idea
Well see this is where the rubber meets the road my friends, and this is what I mean when I talk about good looks directly correlating to passing and gaining any "female privilege". For all of the autists in /passgen/ that have been screeching at me saying "Carth is a retard he confuses attractive with passing hurrr durrr" nah see this is where the hugboxing ends and real life begins. The bottom line here is if you are pretty and passable you will not be fucked with and if you are ugly its going to draw attention, then suspicion, and then you will get called out.

Your DOT rules seem pretty strict so I am going to go out on a limb here and guess you live in a red state, I know my friends up here in the northern states have had easy times getting their names and IDs changed. Well if you live in a red state then you can expect the club members to be conservative and likely not sympathetic to LGBT causes so if you dont pass to other women in the locker room expect someone to run and tell the front desk eventually.... just being logical here.

Its all going to come down to how well you pass. Look at the hon you linked in your OP, she is clearly very tall, has a shit tier voice, does not pass. So how tall are you? If you are 6ft or over forget about it, if you sound like a man then keep in mind other members will eventually try and talk to you if you sound like Jethro like the hon in your OP does then people will know about it. Now if you are small and unintimidating, and good looking (lets use Blaire White or Cornflakes as an example here) even if you sound like a nasally faggot I guarantee you wont have any problems.

>I just want to use the locker room in peace
So do the biologically female club members, and a penis in their locker room is a declaration of war Tbh.
>>
>>7804434
not only do i live in a red state, but state is currently pursuing a "bathroom bill" that would make it fucking illegal to use the women's locker room and bathrooms and such.

i'm 5'6" and pass voice-wise. i fooled a doctor once who wanted to give me a pelvic exam when i told him i thought i had a UTI. but i have no fucking idea how well i pass at the gym.

and like i said i don't want anyone to know i have a penis, and certainly won't take underwear off. though you can see a bulge when pants are off so i try to do that when no one is around or just go into the handicapped changing stall if it's busy.

fuck my life. why is being trans so hard sometimes?
>>
File: IMG_1406.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1406.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7804398
and talking to a manager is what i should have done when i signed up, but my cis friend was so insistent on it not being a big deal that i kinda just went with her. regretting it now because now i'm stuck with this gym for 2 years unless i want to pay a ridiculously high early cancellation fee.

fuck :(

pic is me no face
>>
>>7804128
Also just to add on to my previous thought. For the gym it will likely be a very simple issue: "if you have a penis then we do not want you in our Women's locker room". It will be a simple black and white issue for them, cut and dry, yes or no. That is why you can obfuscate the issue if you have a female state ID, which you do not, by just not telling them if you have a penis or not and presenting your female state ID and telling them to STFU.

They will be chill and respectful about it and they will offer you a private space (not in the women's locker room) for you to change out in. But kind of like the OP points out you wont get all of the perks of the actual locker room like the Sauna, hair dryers, showers, etc

Remember though none of this will happen unless a complaint is made.

>>7804398
It isnt so much about getting sued, this is a private club and has private club rules that all members agree to follow. They arent saying she cant join because she is a tranny, they are saying that because she is a tranny she needs to use the private changing quarters they have allotted for her

In a state like hers (I am gonna guess it is Texas), there is not a judge or a jury that would validate her claims in a court of law.

Trying to "reason with" or educate the management will not work, for them its a black and white issue: "no penises in our women's locker rooms". Also if it gets out she is trans they risk losing multiple memberships to keep one..... you do the math.

>you probably have the wrong gym
Probably has the wrong state Tbh

>>7804476
>>7804481
>i'm 5'6" and pass voice-wise
That is a great start and Tbh I think you will be fine.

Also your friend was right (women are always right) absolutely DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BRING IT UP, it will not help in any way shape or form, it can only hurt.

In the rare event you do get "outed" they will be chill and waive cancellation, and probably pro-rate refund dues.

Enjoy your membership faM (:
>>
>>7800340
>staying in sweaty clothes
>driving home in your sweat

That's fucking gross, my man.
>>
>>7804481

Should still do it though. Just don't say anything about cancellation or about your membership. Just say "hey, here's the situation -- I'm not going to flaunt it but my thingy might slip out and somebody could see and complain, or a the legislature might pass a bill, and so I'm just concerned with everything that's going on and I'm just wondering if you guys have like a general policy or something? I love it here and I'm totally willing to work with you and other members if there's a problem."

I mean he should at least say something like "If a Bathroom Bill passes, well, let's just say sometimes letters sent from the State House get misplaced around here." If you feel like he hasn't really given you any hint that they'd generally ignore a Bathroom Bill, you might consider broaching the subject of dropping the cancellation fee gently, tangentially, ONLY IF YOUR EMOTIONS ARE IN CHECK. If during this conversation you had gotten majorly stressed and shit with him not adequately assuring your protection, don't ask about the hypothetical Bathroom Bill and cancellation fee this time. You'll have plenty of time to bring it up in the future, and really, do so only if it actually gets brought up for consideration (not just tabled) by your state legislature.
>>
>>7804535
Well, if the bathroom bill works like the infamous North Carolina one, he wouldn't be legally obligated to comply due to being a private business. They were always free to decide, it was public areas like state universities and government buildings that had no choice.
>>
>>7804506

Yeah, this is probably more wise than my series of posts ending with >>7804535

If for all purposes and documents that they need from you (and actually read, because it's not like they're actually going to examine *every* detail on every document -- at most for identity purposes they cross-reference name, DOB, SSN, and address) you are female, then yeah, you don't need to tell them shit, even if a Bathroom Bill gets passed. It's only if a complaint is made in that case that the diplomacy needs to start.
>>
>>7804541
>he wouldn't be legally obligated to comply due to being a private business. They were always free to decide, it was public areas like state universities and government buildings that had no choice.
So it's not as bad as everyone claims it is after all.

In fact, wasn't the reason it was passed to override a city-level ordinance that ordered private businesses to treat trans people as their adopted gender? So the bill actually gives more power to businesses to cater to their customers however they want.
>>
ftm here, almost 3 weeks in.

I'm not from the US so I can't comment on this particular gym, but fuck it's embarrassing as hell changing in the women's restroom. I guess they COULD have some privacy if they wanted but jesus, some girls/women just go with their tits hanging out around and I'm only into women so it's like I'm perving on them without them knowing.

Changing name/gender in my country is a fucking long process and a hassle, not to mention surgeries and shit, so I'm still in limbo.
>>
>>7804514
Less gross than the typical public locker facility.
>>
>>7806950
Never mind trans people, this problem exists anyway with gays and lesbians.

People either need to use private cubicles or accept that someone is going to see their body and like it, and no gender segregation or isolating trans people will stop that.
>>
>>7804576
Yes. Trannies really fucked up on that one and asked for the Bathroom Bill.
>>
>>7797717
The guy clearly has tits, but looks so much like a man it's not shocking he got called out.

His "female" qualifications are so funny
>I've had breast surgery...um lip augmentation, I'm on hormones. I'm growing my hair out, I wear earrings.

And you still have a dick tho. :/ And a man nose.
>>
>>7797717
>before I begin id like to ask all of you to like and share this video

automatically disliked

>I hope this will help other people going through the same thing I am
>BOYCOTT GOLD'S GYM

lmao

he could at least try to look like a fucking woman
>>
>>7797717
i use the women's locker room and just shower at home
it takes me like 5 minutes to walk home tho
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.