[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-HRT workout plans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20141015_221233.jpg (519KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20141015_221233.jpg
519KB, 2048x1152px
So I recently came out as trans and am wondering what my workouts should look like since I want to lose about 70 lbs before starting hormones. I know basic cardio just for weight loss, avoid lifting heavy weights, etc, but are there any specific exercises I can do to make my HRT have a better foundation to build on?
>>
>avoid lifting heavy weights

Nigga that's how you get your curves. Do squats, lunges for bigger ass, bicycle crunches for hips. If you only do cardiovascular you'll end up with frog butt. Once you bulk estrogen can help accumulate fat on hips, thighs, etc.
>>
>>7796237
I've got a pretty girly ass to start. What do you mean by frog butt? And yeah I'm actually doing squats right now.
>>
>>7796289
If you do a bunch of cardio like running you'll lose weight but also muscle from breaking your gluten muscles and not working them out/recovering properly.
>>
You can lose weight on HRT, and exercise will just boost your testosterone and make you more manly.
>>
>>7797466
well shit. How about I just do light cardio like exercise bike and hip and butt toning stuff?
>>
It's a pretty common meme that lifting even a 1lb dumbbell will make you into the Hulk.

Doing training with weights is both the fastest way of losing weight and the best way to get curves. Assuming you are an MtF. In any case if you're an FtM you still want to lift weights for a masculine physique.

Doing cardio increases resistance to calorie burning for the exercises you do. A run right now might burn 500 calories now, a run 4 times as long 6 months from now might only burn 300.

You won't turn into a roided out freak by lifting weights and basic workouts. Just work on building muscle in areas that accentuate femininity (or masculinity) and getting in shape overall.
>>
>>7798861
Got it, cardio and booty exercises.
>>
No one has said yet, so I will...weight is primarily about diet, not exercise. Exercise is really for fitness; if you're depending on exercise to drop pounds, you may be in trouble, because you can eat calories MUCH faster than you can burn them.

So I hope you're also counting calories, and you just started a thread on workouts because you have no questions about diet.
>>
>>7798928
oh yeah I've got the whole calories in<calories out thing, I got an app for that. Now I just need to hold out long enough for my fat gut to get used to not being as packed as a Beijing subway during rush hour so I don't feel so hungry all the time.
>>
>>7798861
>Doing cardio increases resistance to calorie burning for the exercises you do. A run right now might burn 500 calories now, a run 4 times as long 6 months from now might only burn 300.
u fucking wot m8
>>
>>7796061
>So I recently came out as trans

Why do people say "I'm trans" without saying whether MtF or FtM? It really makes a difference how we answer the particular question.
>>
>>7799132
Mtf sorry I'm still new to all this. I know next to nothing.
>>
>>7797466
How difficult is it to lose weight on HRT? More or less than baseline male? Does it tweak where you lose weight from? I have a bit of a beer gut myself and I definitely need to slim that down. I carry weight very much like a man.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.