[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

=== MTF SURVEY ===

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: ZbRw4du[1].png (6KB, 314x220px) Image search: [Google]
ZbRw4du[1].png
6KB, 314x220px
This is a strawpoll for transfem people that are actually willing to go as far as getting surgery done

https://strawpoll.com/6aexz4b
I'm asking this based on the value it costs to society in general to "help" trans people with these things, seeing as the public recognizes it as a mental health issue which requires remediation.
Assuming that the public would be willing to fund either of those options, would you rather get your genitals changed to "match" your desired appearance/function for a rough cost of $10000 USD or would you instead rather have a custom variety of cosmetic changes to your face done in order to make you pass better, costing about the same amount.

Please let me know what ya'll think thank you
>>
Oh and by the way in case it wasn't clear, please only vote once and don't vote at all if you are not transfem and want surgery.
I think femboys and non-binaries should not be voting here, only people that really desire to be percieved as female and live their life as such
>>
I would prefer SRS since I pass easily, but for the majority of trans women cosmetic surgery would be a far, far better investment.
>>
File: jaws.gif (5KB, 396x198px) Image search: [Google]
jaws.gif
5KB, 396x198px
>>7793169
I'm definitely in the cosmetic surgery camp, I might pay a few thousand to cut my balls off so I don't have to suppress test but actually changing my face much is too expensive, and the current SRS tech doesn't seem like that much of a worthwhile investment. Being able to pass is just so much more valuable
>>
>>7793164
>femboys
What if you're hoarding money for ffs/vfs?
>>
>>7793181
Well I do recognize that a lot of femboys would want the same thing. I think that in terms of an ethical debate there is a lot to be argued in terms of what constitutes cosmetic surgery and why it should be funded or not, if the costs will increase because there's lots of people like you and me that aren't necessarily interested in SRS but want facial changes. I do think that the public would not be willing to fund such a thing because it's considered vanity, even though it actually helps a lot with passing and self-esteem and could constitute a greater public benefit than merely changing genitals.

That being said I just want to keep this survey strictly for transwomen though since that is the group that is currently getting dozens of thousands of dollars in funding to change their genitals. Would THEY specifically be better off if they funded cosmetic surgery instead?
>>
File: shrug.jpg (9KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
9KB, 252x200px
If I had a state-sponsored vag but still looked like a Hulkish trainwreck I would just end up a suicidal hermit. On the other hand if the state sponsored fixing my facial shit up I'd at least be fuckable so definitely the latter.
>>
Bumping for visibility

Again, if you voted already please don't vote again, try to keep this poll somewhat accurate
>>
>>7793181
Your doing that too I'm not even trans I just want to unfuck puberty sadly I'm scared of ffs cause most surgeons make you go full blown woman or have 1-2 horrible results.
>>
>>7793137
Cosmetic / face surgery.

Having a vagina isn't going to make me pass in public or to my friends, which is what hurts me the most.
>>
File: 1387826500213.gif (313KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1387826500213.gif
313KB, 500x281px
I'd like to pass as a woman and also not feel like killing myself each time I see my dick. In Canada srs is already paid and I know it would cost more than most cosmetic change.

The best would be for both to be paid, or to have an amount trans can use as they want and not be forced to go with every other trans choice.
>>
>>7793137

FFS is definitely my choice. I want to leave SRS for last since I don't pass and a vagina would not help with that in the least. If I already passed, then I might have said FFS, but I'm not sure.
>>
I can already get both for free where I live.
>>
>>7793137
what does this matter?
>>
>>7793137
Facial feminization surgery costs far, far more than SRS. SRS averages around $15,000 to $30,000 depending on who you go to, while real FFS is upwards of $50,000 to $100,000 (depends on severity of your face).

As merely a financial matter, I'd go with FFS every time. I could never afford full real FFS. My insurance already covers SRS.
>>
>>7799385
Maybe we could convince the government to pay for the other thing instead

It makes more sense from an economical perspective, also based on our preferences, also I reckon it will do more to alleviate social stigma and such too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.