[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spotting trans people in public.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

So I was at Whole Foods today and I saw someone that at first I thought was girl but saw some stubble/bread shadow but had a chest(small ,not gyno, probably cone tits with no bra.

They seemed sad and in their own world, I'm 99% this was a fellow transperson or I could be wrong and that was a long haired dude with tits.
>>
>>7790136
naaaaaaaaah probably just a dudebro
>>
>>7790136
Whats the protocol for approaching other trans people in public? I always just assumed not to but I wanna meet at least 1 or 2 other transpeople in real life.
>>
>>7790452
Back when I was naiver I saw what I thought to be an early transitioner, as in she probably was only on anti androgens or had literally just started E.

Scribbled out a note wishing her good luck and dropped it in her basket as I walked pass.

Afterwards I was unsure of whether it was an acceptable thing to do, so I made a post asking so.
The popular opinion was to leave people alone. Knowing they have been clocked will make them feel far worse than anything positive you could say to them.
>>
I never see other trans people in public. I am all alone. ;-;
>>
>>7790136
I've seen fellow transguys in public, it's not hard because they look like a 14/15 year old guy, but they carry themselves much more maturely. It might be the sort of subtleties that only another transguy would notice.

Anyway, seconding the tripfag, I don't approach them or anything. If I do, treat them as they're presenting, it might make their day.
>>
>>7790704
>The popular opinion was to leave people alone. Knowing they have been clocked will make them feel far worse than anything positive you could say to them.

this t b h
I saw another transgirl when my boyfriend was shopping for makeup (tfw tomboy and cannot into makeup) and I deliberately avoided her. Triggered the shit out of me, I hate seeing other transgirls, it's fucking depressing.
>>
>>7790704

>Back when I was naiver I saw what I thought to be an early transitioner, as in she probably was only on anti androgens or had literally just started E.

So like 14?
>>
>>7792702
>>7790786
>>7790704
Man it's like we're niggers in the 1800s. We can't even acknowledge each other much less talk to each other. I wonder, will it ever change? For the record I'm the same way, the most I'll do is make eye contact with a tranny I clocked, but there's really nothing you can say that won't be awkward and forced. Nothing triggers dysphoria more than being GID and clocking another trans person. You see your fears in them
>>
>>7792769
that pretty much sums it up. It's really sad that we cannot acknowledge one another's struggles, the nicest thing you can do is pretend they're invisible like everyone else... Like if I saw one copping shit from someone I'd stick up for them but other than that, nothing.
>>
>out having fun
>spot young hon
>seriously looks like Mitch McConnell crossed with Adam Lanza in ill-matching women's clothes and with damaged long hair
>they seem to be a walking sterotype
>their pacing back and forth and trying to gain as much attention as possible with complete strangers so I have to make a concious effort to avoid meeting them
>no longer having fun
>>
File: fate against us.jpg (94KB, 697x528px) Image search: [Google]
fate against us.jpg
94KB, 697x528px
one time i had an old hon in my line and tried to be nice but couldnt bring myself to ma'm her. am I an awful person?

>>7790723
no, you just never notice them
>>
>>7792843

Did you sir her then?
>>
>>7792854
no, i said everything gender neutral
>>
You basically just described me and I was at Whole Foods today, so

Just a long-haired dude with tits.
>>
>>7790136
you dont need a reason to be friends/friendly with someone (therefore worrying if being trans is a good reason is pointless)

if you want to talk to them, talk to them
>>
>>7790136
>Spotting trans people in public

I thought a fat woman was pregnant once but she was just fat so no way in hell am I ever going to even assume if someone is trans
>>
File: file.png (455KB, 550x461px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
455KB, 550x461px
>>7793505
Don't feel too bad. There are plenty of non trans sad men with giant tits at Walmart, so at least you weren't there.
>>
File: tumblr_o93f4tDnMR1rw8nv2o3_400.jpg (12KB, 283x381px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o93f4tDnMR1rw8nv2o3_400.jpg
12KB, 283x381px
>be 4ever closeted
>spot hons and ayydens all the time in public because i know exactly what signs to look for
>>
>>7793611
more like
>be 4chan autist
>clock cis people
>>
>>7790136
>Walking through central London at night
>See a middle-aged woman dressed like a slutty college student
>She's talking to another woman who seems to be wearing a wig
>Behind are more women who look like middle-aged men
>Mfw

I don't know if it's just me but lately I've been clocking a lot of trans people in London. Most are middle aged and barely pass.
>>
>>7790136
i dont thing rebecca sugar is trans

>>7790452
i think just never ever? i've never said anything to a trans person relating to that. Like one of my friends I hadn't seen in a while transitioned and was like all girled up the next time I saw her and I just didn't bring it up at all cause to do so feels like... idk i wouldn't want people mentioning it right so why do it?

That said this other time I showed a trans girl my binder full of magic cards with a character thats trans and she showed me her day planner from thailand... was that a sign??? i feel like that's a sign???
>>
File: cute anime grills.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cute anime grills.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>7793661
forgot pic
>>
>>7793661
I'm not sure if seeing a crossdresser group meetup really counts as clocking them
>>
>>7793678
wat is this from?

>>7793661
>walking home at 1 AM
>through the street the local crossdressers hang up
>look at a car near me
>see a human woman face mask pressed up against the glass horrifically distorted
>literally shit myself

creepy mask people pls no
>>
So what about the opposite? Have any of you been approached by other trans people in public? How did it go?
>>
>>7792769
>Man it's like we're niggers in the 1800s
No we're all just too sensitive and anxious to talk to each other. Acknowledging one another is like what >>7790704 said about being clocked and not passing at all which can just make you feel worse.

Being unnoticed trans means you're completely passable.
>>
>>7793692
Looks like One Piece
>>
File: 1463261348336.gif (2MB, 356x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463261348336.gif
2MB, 356x400px
>>7793830
Some random old woman in the bank asked if I was transgender because her child was one of those middle age transitioners and started some shitty hugbox blogsite and wanted to suggest I go there
>took one look to be polite because I told her I'd check it out
>mfw
>>
Tfw im a femboy who has been taking hormones for 3 years and I'm constantly afraid people will mistakenly "clock" me as a tranny
>>
tfw became a makeup artist just to subtly make cis people clockable
>>
>>7794143
In fact come to think of it once I was going through a grocery store and this mid 30's to early 40s hon that worked there saw me and just gave me this strong unbroken stare until I was out of eyesight.

Also this guy I had to talk to for work worked trans kids at his school (he was the principal of a middle school) into the conversation for some reason. I keep wondering whether or not he did that because he thought I was. There really wasn't much reason to bring it up.
>>
File: 1484284494294.jpg (65KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1484284494294.jpg
65KB, 459x612px
>>7794143
>System full of E and not T
>I'M NOT A TRANNY I'M NOOOTTTT
>>
There's a transgirl at the grocery store a few blocks where I live. She's cute and passes perfectly now, I just remember how she looked a year and a half or so ago. I come in to pick up a few things every so often and we usually spot each other. Like others have said we look but don't really acknowledge. I'm forever a yung hon due to 6'2" height so I try not to approach her and cause her to get scrutinized harder. It's been kinda fun watching both of us progress.

>tfw ended up in her checkout line the other day because it was the fastest one and I wasn't at my best, wanted out of public ASAP
>Usual checkout convo, friendly smiles, move along.

I'd never have the nerve to strike up a more involved conversation, even if the setting wasn't inappropriate.
>>
>>7794101
Aren't you guys supposed to stick together? Even when you put down older "hons" you're putting down the people that paved the way to be openly trans. They made this progress for you.
>>
>>7794452
it's just projection,
trannies can't handle reality and the fact that they will be hons someday, assuming they don't get cancer or a blood clot
>>
>>7790136

>tfw my mom was trying to get me to get a job at Whole Foods

>>7793661

Did their voices sound female?

>>7794452

It's true they shouldn't blatantly disrespect people like that, but not every one of them had something to do with trans activism. Some may be on HRT for a shorter time than the particular tranny criticizing them.
>>
I've seen plenty of other transmen around, some really obvious, and some that pass that i can nitpick at because my own insecurities that no one else would notice on him.
>>
>>7790704
You can't know what the person will think about it. Doing nothing absolves you of most responsibility at least.

Personally I would appreciate the gesture, especially if I'm early in transition and can't expect to pass anyway, meaning being clocked doesn't suggest any problems (if anything being noticeable as trans at that point is confirmation transition is working). I'd keep the note, and be sad that I didn't know who put it there. I wouldn't really mind being clocked by another trans person, or to a lesser degree someone who was sympathetic to me or trans people in general.
>>
>>7794452
I was really surprised by this when I started coming to this board. Before that I never really was around trans people at all, not even online at like reddit or suzans. Its surprising how much people here hate on each other.
I thought we where supposed to stick together or something?
>>
>>7793692
One Piece before the time skip
>>
>>7796638

You're FtM? I thought you were a cis gay guy.
>>
>>7794160
>people randomly bringing tranny shit into the conversation for some reason.

Shit. This keeps happening to me too.
>>
>>7797213
>i thought we were supposed to stick together or something

lol

just because someone has something in common with me I'm supposed to stick together with them?

that's like black people who make a big deal every time a black guy gets shot by a cop without ever trying to learn the details other than "he didn't do anything wrong police brutality"

just because we have something in common doesn't mean I expect you to defend me or I will defend you for no reason
>>
>>7790704
yeah it just depends on the person

someone doing that to me would freak me out, I'm absolutely terrified of being seen as trans or being in some freakish in between stage
>>
>>7797438
One of my coworkers mentioned that her old high school keeps posting about transgender support on some page she follows, not sure if it was in reference to me but it did feel out of place in the conversation.
I'm not out to them, though.
>>
saw someone today that i couldn't tell if there were a gay guy or a ftm. doesn't matter, but i wonder if there's a way to distinguish that by looks
>>
>>7797409
I am mysterious.
>>
>>7793830
ive smiled at someone when double clocked but thats it
>>
>>7794149
do you do drag makeup on cis girls?
>>
>>7797819
check for a bowtie
>>
>>7799403
I still like bowties, got a nerdy professor look about me... also they don't get caught in the machinery at work and strangle you to death.
>>
>>7799410
>thinks men wear ties around machinery
Motherfucker are you retarded or just AAP?
>>
>>7790136
There's a huge 6'0 hon that works at the walmart near me

she's essentially a giant football player in women's jeans and wears a bow in her long greasy hair
>>
>Page 10
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.