[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To what degree is the Uncanny Valley a problem for /lgbt/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 648x415_appelez-caitlyn-jenner.jpg (78KB, 648x415px) Image search: [Google]
648x415_appelez-caitlyn-jenner.jpg
78KB, 648x415px
Is transitioning doomed to fail, /lgbt/? Look at Caitlyn Jenner. By any serious measurement, she should pass but if you look at any of her pictures, you know that she doesn't.

Why is this? I'd say it's the uncanny valley, but how can a trans person beat that? If they don't try to pass, then they don't, but if they try too hard then they'll get Valley'd. It's almost as if it's doomed to fail.
>>
>>7779201
No she shouldn't Bruce was an Olympian then aged fully to old manhood and had silicone implanted under his skin

It's a miracle he looks THAT decent
>>
>>7779201
He was sixty years old, massive in size and kept bloating up more and more and more due to testosterone. Hons aren't the same as people here who could be saved with a fraction of th money he spent.
>>
>>7779201
>60 year old olympic athlete
yeah you're almost guaranteed hondom at that point
>>
>>7779201
Honestly I'm shocked a 60 year old olympic athlete turned out that good. Like he was the peak of maleness for a long time, if anything it's a testament to how good transition is that he even resembles a woman at all.

So imagine how well a girl who transitions at 16 can do, for example. HRT, SRS, maybe a little FFS to feel extra secure, and you can easily go stealth.
>>
>>7779604
>he was the peak of maleness
let's not get carried away, track and field isn't peak for men.
>>
>>7779878
Pls, he's beaten out by weightlifters and contact sports guys, but he was still the top like .1% of maleness.
>>
>>7779883
True enough. I'm looking at pics of him in the old days, he's got a great body for an athlete.
>>
I suppose you really have to work at it. Even the average woman has to do quite a lot just to look attractive. They spend loads of time on makeup and haircare, eating right, picking the right clothes. I suppose later transitioners have to do a little bit more work.

I imagine taking care of your body, staying healthy and youthful should be #1 before medication. Then comes cosmetics. Hell if they can get men to look like girls with just makeup, then imagine what a trans person could do.
>>
>it's a young trannies purposely misgender an old tranny thread
Wew
>>
>>7779935
I'm highly distrustful of older transitioners. How do you get a het wife, have kids, make a career, and succeed in the male role when you were a "woman inside the whole time"?

I got called a faggot on a regular basis, I failed in the male role, and came apart as a person at 16. And don't give me the whole "they didn't know, there wasnt enough information in previous decades" speech, when I came out I wasn't even aware HRT or SRS was a thing. I simply can't understand how someone just like me could be okay with this until they reached 60.
>>
>>7779969
apparently he was trans the entire time
>>
>>7780002
That's my point, how can you be trans the entire time but just decide living as a guy is just fine? I can't think of any trutrans girl who wouldn't kill themselves in such a situation.
>>
>>7779969
Some people openly fail as males, some people hold themselves together on the outside and their failure is internal. Please be understanding.
>>
I'm not an American and have never heard of Bruce Jenner before all this.

I saw the OP's image before I knew anything about the situation and assumed it was a woman, so as far as I'm concerned she's a pass.

>>7779969

It depends on how well you can suppress it; it's not just about hiding it from others but hiding it from yourself. I don't think it's so much 'Not knowing about SRS or HRT' but part of it is not knowing that being trans is anything other than a weird psychological glitch in your mind.

My mother is asexual, but there was no label for it at the time. She lived her life just thinking there was something wrong with her; got married and had kids because that was the done thing - she couldn't fathom the idea that there was such a thing as 'asexuality' and just assumed she just had something wrong with her brain.

Also remember that older people generally get married and do more 'adult' stuff younger than our generation. If you repress being trans and get a girlfriend to appear 'normal', next thing you know you're married and it's harder to get out of the situation..what do you do? Suddenly your wife wants kids, maybe this will block out the dysphoria altogether...but no, you've got kids and now you REALLY can't transition. You've got your family, her family and kids to keep up appearances to.

Once you're in your 60s, kids have grown up and don't care, wife is either divorced or not interested anymore it's 'safe' to come out.

In many ways, if you're from that generation it makes more sense to transition either very early or very late. Most people have too much to lose to transition between 20-60.
>>
>>7779969
You were the extroverted flamboyant unashamed type and probably even still young now. Get off your high horse fag
>>
>>7780031
I wasn't flamboyant, I'm extroverted now but I was very reserved as a child. I was belittled for all of my effeminate behavior, so I was only femmy in more subtle, uncontrollable ways.

>>7780025
The fact that they succeeded in being the "man of the relationship" to the point a woman was willing to marry them makes me doubt them.
>>
>>7780059
>The fact that they succeeded in being the "man of the relationship" to the point a woman was willing to marry them makes me doubt them.
You have no idea how well they managed that. You have no idea what their sex lives were like. You have no idea how much they were a man in the relationship. You have no idea of the fear they felt towards being open about who they are. You have no idea how much misery they endured making themselves act like a man. You have no idea how many marriages have broken down because they failed to relate to their wives as a man. You have no idea how many "men" kill themselves after years of what you, a stranger, would call a happy relationship because they are unable to cope living as males.
>>
File: 1456358015195.gif (137KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1456358015195.gif
137KB, 340x340px
>>7779969
>he thinks 16 is a trutrans age
>>
File: IMG_0990.jpg (67KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0990.jpg
67KB, 500x683px
>>7780059
God, trans women are cattier than cis women
>my trans story and older transitioners' stories are very different
>therefor I don't trust them
>there should only be one trans narrative

Oh please, I hate Cuntlyn Jenner as much as any reasonable queer, but I hate self-righteous former faggots who act like dicks about trans women of different backgrounds.

This is coming from a former dyke. I'm a straight FTM who's felt dysphoria since childhood, peed standing up as a kid, thought I was gonna grow a dick, etc. and tried to come out at 13. By all qualifications, I suppose I am what you catty bitches would consider "trutrans" but you see, I don't hear about gay 60 year old FTMs who lived as housewives and feel distrust, I feel solidarity and curiosity and wish to learn from their vastly different experience.
>>
>>7780349
>I feel solidarity and curiosity and wish to learn from their vastly different experience.
Thank you.
>>
>>7779201
There are already plenty of ugly/manly cis women.
Anyone who thinks they have perfect trannydar is probably getting a lot of false positives and even missing some trannies that are better looking than some cis women.

Dykes and fat women get hassled more than trannies from laws and attitudes trying to keep trannies out of "female spaces".

There's also a big degree of confirmation bias.
You know jenner is trans so you look for the supposedly oh so obvious signs and assure yourself that you'd instantly notice if you passed them on the street but as we know from soda taste tests people will invent non-existent differences based on anything if they're prompted to. Sometimes people will post pictures of cis women in tranny rating threads and almost every time some troll will immediately jump on it declaring how obviously manly and disgusting the freak-man is.
>>
>>7780659
>There are already plenty of ugly/manly cis women.
>Anyone who thinks they have perfect trannydar is probably getting a lot of false positives and even missing some trannies that are better looking than some cis women.
You don't seem to understand that men instinctively sort out the manliest looking women in each generation and don't have children with them. The fact that there exist a minority of cis women who effectively don't pass because they look like men doesn't mean that hons suddenly don't look like men.

(In fact, the increasing efficacy of transition therapies has accelerated this development, and you can see men consciously or subconsciously avoiding girls with mannish traits even if they're otherwise obviously cis, eg tall girls have become less popular ever since height became more common as a major tell. Transition is really fighting an ongoing battle of attrition as the existence and awareness of it in and of itself creates a pressure toward increased sexual dimorphism)
>>
>>7781202
dude 95% of people are completely unaware of trans people
>>
>>7781202
>tfw AGP and ok with masc ciswomen cuz they resemble trannies
>>
>>7781202
>You don't seem to understand that men instinctively sort out the manliest looking women in each generation and don't have children with them. The fact that there exist a minority of cis women who effectively don't pass because they look like men doesn't mean that hons suddenly don't look like men.
You seem to be completely missing the point. The discussion was about passing, not being attractive. Even if the ugly/manly cis women are a minority there are still vastly more of them than the tiny minority that is trans people.

The point is that people who think that trans people can't pass period and that they can instantly spot trannies are just relying on confirmation bias and getting both false positives and missing actual trannies because they're not what they think trannies are supposed to look like.

When I said that people post cis women in tranny passing threads I don't mean they post super ugly women that look like men. They just post average or even sometimes above average women and the trolls assume they are trans because it's a tranny thread so they make up some obvious tranny tell even when none exists.
>>
>>7781202
>tall girls have become less popular ever since height became more common as a major tell.
Citation or you're just talking out your ass and arguing with your feels.
>>
>>7779201
With Jenner I'd say it's mostly the shoulders, certainly in that picture. From the neck up I wouldn't think trans.
>>
>>7779201
How can she fail to pass with wealth and photoshop? Transitioning late with bad genes can fuck up passability that bad?
>>
>>7781202
There will always be a hand full of men willing to fuck every single gross cis woman. She could look like an obese Jay Leno and it wouldn't matter to a depraved alcoholic.
>>
>>7782049
She was a 70-year-old former Olympic athlete.
>>
>>7781954
Trans people can definitely pass, but most trannies are unpassable to someone with good transdar. The reason is because an average 30 year old man would make a huge hypermasc woman if they transitioned. The ranks of trannies are made up mainly of AGP late transitioners, so are skewed towards the male average.
>>
>>7782049
Yes.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.