[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What region of what country are you from? What is it like to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: 1483350203638.gif (594KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1483350203638.gif
594KB, 299x276px
What region of what country are you from?

What is it like to be LGBT there?

I'm from the Spokane, WA, US area. It's pretty much accepted here.
>>
>>7764940
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
These days you get literally every kind of response imaginable. Most of the time people just ignore it though and life goes on as if you were no different to anyone else.
>>
>>7764940
I'm from the eastern region of the state of Michoacan in Mexico, and I've never had any problems with being gay. There were many people who were visibly lgbtq+, too.
>>
>>7764940
I'm from CDA, ID. What a difference 45min over the state line border can make. I wouldn't say it's as easily accepted here.
>>
Auckland, New Zealand. LGBT isn't too bad and fairly accepting like every uni has lgbt community.
>>
Newfoundland, Canada. No issues here because there is literally nothing to do on this rock aside from drinking and touching one another. Pretty laid back in attitude.
>>
>>7764940
New York, NY (Manhattan). I see guys holding hands on the street, and not just in Hell's Kitchen.
>>
>>7765010
what the fuck anon? I'm actually from CDA, live in Moscow now. Wanna chat?
>>
>>7765131
i'm OP btw.
>>
Czech Republic here. We have LGBT laws in place but people here seem to be stuck in 1960s. It sucks desu
>>
>>7765131
I've got friends going to U of I down there.
Sure, why not, drop me your contact info. I'm actually busy as fuck tonight but I'm game for later
> [email protected]
>>
Chile (Santiago), peolple are...weird about it. Younger generations, independent from the economic sector tend to accept and understand. Older, though...well, 48 (I think) of our country (aprox, not all voted) voted yes for a dictatorship, so, that gives you some idea. When I told my mom that a friend of mines was bi, she said she is confused. So, its like many say they tlerate it, but i someone near them is lgbt, usually it gets bad, or awkward. Sorry for the rant
>>
>>7764940
Arizona is pretty good, even for those in the 50-65yo age group that I know.
>>
>>7765223
I dropped you my SC. hit me up.
>>
Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The coup sent this state to shit. Too many manchildren thinking it's a "green light" to be as homophobic, racist and transphobic as possible because "the liberals lost".
>>
>>7764940
Germany, to be more precise Eastern Germany

Most Germans believe that gays are discriminated/hated/publicly beaten up here because Eastern Germans are really mad about non European immigrants but I have never felt any discrimination for being gay.
Nobody gives a shit about you and your sex life and gay bars are pretty much accepted by society.
>>
Portland, OR

What do you think?
>>
>>7764940
Germany / Bw (Stuttgart)
Never noticed any type of discrimination.
Was a man in a dress early in my transition and nobody gave a fuck.
>>
File: 1487053013379.jpg (271KB, 599x491px) Image search: [Google]
1487053013379.jpg
271KB, 599x491px
Western pomeriania Poland
People dont care as long you keep it home
>>
>>7764940
Seattle, it's probably one of the most accepting places I've been to.
>>
Western Siberia, Russia
In big cities, people usually do not give to fuck about gays. Besides residents of poor gopniks quarters. In small towns and rural can get beatings and harassment. Most gays hide their orientation.
>>
>>7765310
>>7765522
Rural bavaria here. It is passiv aggressivly tolerated. Mostly only because they have to..
>>
>>7765531
>>7764940
I am originally from Redneck Alberta, Canada... read into that as you will.

Now I live in Seattle, WA and it is pretty chill.
>>
Living in France

Gay mariage is legal, and like OP, pretty much accepted
>>
>>7765869
Who are you going to vote for in the upcoming elections?
>>
>>7765870
Still not sure, but Benoît Hamon is the most potential candidate (Jean-Luc Mélenchon and Emmanuel Macron right after)
>>
>>7765875
>not voting for based Le Pen

why
>>
I'm thinking Jean-Luc Picard
>>
>>7765877
I think that Europe and Euro is viable
Here immigration program is a little overkill for me
I want to marry my future boyfriend
>>
File: 1468280198178.jpg (10KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468280198178.jpg
10KB, 251x200px
>>7765880
>Not voting for Philipe Poutou
>>
>>7765885
>I think that Europe and Euro is viable
The EU will dissolve entirely within a decade or so.
>>
>>7764940
Seattle WA
LGB is basically more normal than being het here
Trans folk still have a long long way to go, however
>>
>>7765928
Depends on what you believe the EU is.

>less influence
>less power to make laws
maybe

>getting rid of the common market
>not the same trade laws
not likely
something that has grown over several decades does not dissolve so fast
>>
File: 1480565598625.png (49KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
1480565598625.png
49KB, 500x424px
>>7765957
Don't be so sure. The Soviet Union dissolved very fast once shit hit the fan. It was a great deal older than the European Union, and also was a much 'closer' union, both politically and economically.
>>
>>7765928

People have been saying this for awhile now. It's very unlikely.
>>
I'm from Lithuania, although I am living in the capital which is much more European than the rest of the country. You're not gonna get beaten up for being openly LGBT here, unless you get on a bad side of gopniks in a shitty district at 2am, but the majority of people are very hostile towards it. It's rather sad.
>>
>>7765875

Pity the left-vote vote is divided between Hamon and Mélenchon. Macron will prob beat Fillon by a few % points and trounce Le Pen in the second round.
>>
>>7765997
More countries will leave as citizens realize they have lost their homeland's sovereignty. Nationalism killed the CCCP and it will also kill the EU.
>>
>>7766033

Lol, a planned economic model and continued military expansion killed the USSR. I don't know why Americas and Brits think everyone must see the world through their lens.
>>
>>7766013
This is very likely what is gonna happen.

With recent scandals, Fillon is out run, left is divided in 2 candidates, and Macron is the favorite right now
>>
Some alien planet where I'm not recognised.
I want to move from this hellhole so much.
No, I'm not killing myself.
>>
File: pelleusch.gif (1MB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
pelleusch.gif
1MB, 300x390px
Stockholm, Sweden
Use makeup and girl clothes, just started HRT so not really passing yet. Don't get looks in public (though it's winter now, so I hide my face behind a scarf), though one or two non-swedes at work has asked me what the fuck I'm doing.
>>
The Netherlands.
Most of the acceptance is just PR.
Sure it's better than most of the world, but compared to what people think it is it's not that good.
>>
knoxville, TN, USA
i feel tolerated by most but every now and then am reminded of where i am
>>
>>7764940
Cincinnati, Ohio. Not that bad tbqh since I don't live in the inner city (but I commute there).
>>
File: ^w^.jpg (760KB, 1460x1704px) Image search: [Google]
^w^.jpg
760KB, 1460x1704px
>>7764940
Southend-On-Sea England.

I get more shit for being a minority than I do from being trans. Though that's only ~2% of people here, it's mostly great.
>>
File: 1461467826132.jpg (118KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461467826132.jpg
118KB, 1080x1080px
>>7764940
I live in NJ and everyone here has trump flags flying off the back of their pick up trucks, talks in fake southern accents, listens to country music and hates gays
it's very embarrassing and i cant wait to move
>>
>>7764940
Orlando, FL. It's okay here... the cities are like safe havens and the rest of it is sort of hit-or-miss. South Florida's pretty ubiquitously gay-friendly, whereas North Florida (especially the panhandle) is a lot less so.
>>
In San Bernardino valley in CA, at the base of the mountains, surprisingly there is a small, but notable amount of LGBT hate here, but those people are usually looked down a upon.
>>
Vancouver. Nobody really cares, unless you aren't an SJW. Then they ostracize you if you try to go to community stuff.
>>
Southeast USA, specifically Georgia.

As far as I can tell it's fairly the same as the rest of the country. I live in a college town and was raised in a relatively liberal area so there wasn't much going on about LGBT people.

It's kind of weird. It's as though people say they don't care, that they're totally accepting of it but there's a looming sense of hidden/subconscious disapproval.

It's okay to be gay, but at the same time it's a quality that inherently devalues you is the vibe that I've always received.

I've heard all things on the spectrum from "there's nothing wrong with being LGBT" (which is most people) to unironically "I'd kill my son if he told me he was gay." And the last one was said by one of childhood best friends who I thought would be totally accepting of it.

Idk. I don't live in the deep south and I hate to sound paranoid but I genuinely felt kind of... looked down on? Even if they said they supported LGBT, there (to me) just always seemed to be something... off. I guess.

Better than being thrown off of a 6 story building I suppose.
>>
File: 1480873891101.jpg (32KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480873891101.jpg
32KB, 720x480px
Texas, San Antonio

Nobody really cares, aside from a hardcore Catholic now and then. Otherwise, Austin has been flooding in, and it's all pretty much widely accepted.
>>
>>7764940
From California.

Originally from central California, it's pretty accepted there although I worked at a gay youth center for a bit and the number of homeless gay teens is still stupid high.

Moved up north to Arcata, is alright at the college. Once you get out of the hippy bubble it's a crap shoot, some of the time the rednecks and tweakers are hella homophobic. Some times it's the exact opposite where they are vehemently anti-homophobic.

Weird place here, lived in Mklanlyville for a bit and got jumped, the high school kids there are fucking monsters to everyone. Damn stupid teens.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.