[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do my parents know I'm gay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Bruce_Wayne.png (202KB, 884x663px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_Wayne.png
202KB, 884x663px
(20) Was out to eat with my parents recently and they just casually asked "have you been seeing anyone lately? Any special guys or girls?" Straight up starting with 'guys' I just said "no" and changed the topic..

Idk, maybe they were just being playful and joking but It doesnt leave my mind.

More importantly, HOW DID THEY KNOW? I've never acted flamboyant or gay or lisping or talking about "hot" guys before. I've been normal as fuck. Only thing suspect might be them being a bit concerned about me being underweight but that's it.

Do you think they were joking? What should I do?
>>
They raised you. If you think they know, they KNOW. Probably before you did.

But hopefully that means they're supportive if they're being a little playful about it and waiting for you too spill the beans.
>>
>>7751338

How is a parent supposed to know their kid's orientation? Do they have ESP or something I'm unaware of?
>>
>>7751303

Have you ever had a girlfriend or said how hot a girl is? If not that's how they know. A gay guy has reason to keep his interest in guys secret, a straight guy has absolutely none to do the same with his interest in girls.
>>
>>7751360

I had a lot of women approach me, even in front of my parents, but usually I end the conversation, not really wanting to talk to them. But a lot of straight guys do this too I've seen.
>>
seriously, how would they know?
>>
>>7751303
If you have to ask then the answer is yes
>>
>>7751932
Cuz you're a fucking fag lol.
>>
ask ur dad if he thinks ur hot. maybe hes gay
>>
>>7751954

how would they ever know if i never even alluded to it? it's not like i was into fashion and playing with barbies as a kid
>>
>>7752028
Parental intuition. And well everyone around you probably knows you are gay not only your parents.
>>
>>7752028
Being gay has nothing to do with gender stereotypes. They're your parents and have known you intimately your entire life. You've probably never sucked a dick in front of them but they've probably pieced it together from a very large number of seemingly minuscule clues over time. The straw that broke the camels back.
>>
>>7752061

By what? What could possibly tip them off? It's not like gays have super mannerisms as straights
>>
File: 1408333677598.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1408333677598.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7751303
It's the ((((current year)))) you dink. They were probably just being progressive and proactive with their dense and socially inept son.

Man the fuck up and tell them, "hey I'm not seeing anyone at the moment, but I thought it was cool of you to ask about guys and girls, because truth is I'm a gayfag."
>>
>>7752157

I'm just curious how they'd figure it out. And I dont know how I'd feel doing it, been really uneasy about telling them ever since I've known
>>
>>7751303
Well I just met you and I know that you're gay! So I'd hope so!
>>
>>7751377

And do those guys at least have girlfriends already when they turn those girls down?
>>
>>7752591

Maybe
>>
>>7751303

>Any special guys or girls?" Straight up starting with 'guys' I just said "no" and changed the topic..

Fuck that's happen to me before (bi master race tho).

>More importantly, HOW DID THEY KNOW? I've never acted flamboyant or gay or lisping or talking about "hot" guys before. I've been normal as fuck. Only thing suspect might be them being a bit concerned about me being underweight but that's it.

I don't know fampai.
>>
>>7751377

>I had a lot of women approach me, even in front of my parents, but usually I end the conversation,

That's it then, ya dingus.
>>
>>7752816
>fampai
You are the cancer that is killing 4chan. KYS.
>>
Yeah, it's probably the underweight thing. If you look like a fuckable twink then your parents are going to assume you want to be one.
>>
>>7751346
Your parents are two halves of your whole. Doesn't matter much if you act gay or not. That being said they must be great parents to be so in tune with their child.
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>7753144

What if I don't want to be seen that way by my parents?
>>
>>7751303

If you're in your late teens and never had a girlfriend (assuming you're male), your parents are going to think that you're gay. Kudos to your parents for being direct and actually asking you outright. Most just wait for you to tell them.
>>
>>7752838
That could just be the sign of a low test tbqh
>>
>>7752996

Niggerfaggot.
>>
>>7751346
I am sure if you think long enough you will realize that you did some shit you barely remember because you were so young that kind of gave them an idea of what your sexuality might look like.
>>
>>7754281

Like what?
>>
>>7753162
Too late and too bad.
>>
>>7755380

why?
>>
>>7751303
They know. The charade is over. Just tell them so that your dad can win his bet with your mom, and you can start to become comfortable discussing guys with them, or at least not skirting the issue. Count yourself lucky. A lot og gays would love to have their biggest problem be that they don't want their parents to see them as thirsty faggots.
>>
>>7756101

I dont want to seem like a hungry fag though.
>>
From the sounds of it they don't know for sure, they're just letting you know that they're comfortable with you liking guys. How young are your parents?
>>
>>7756462

early 50's
>>
>>7751303
They probably at least suspect.

Maybe you haven't shown any interest in girls and that's why.

And considering your answer, you probably confirmed their suspicion. A straight person would have mentioned they are straight.

Also, considering they asked you that, it's probably fine, just tell them when you're ready.

>>7751338
This isn't always the case. Some parents are taken by surprise.
>>
>>7756491
>>7752157

I somewhat lied to them, as I'm seeing someone at the moment, and he is a lot more masculine than I am, which adds to the insecurity.
>>
File: images (3).png (9KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).png
9KB, 268x188px
>>7752996
>getting this triggered
>>
>>7751338
>>7756491

Can confirm that parents can be taken by surprise. Almost absolutely everyone I knew thought I was gay, I was trans but close enough.

Anyway, the only person in the whole world who didn't see it was my Mum and eventually in my 20's when she off hand mentioned trans people she had seen a show about I was like "Errrr, Mum you know that..."

She broke into tears and not for the reasons you might expect. She was devastated that she was the last person to figure it out, especially when Dad had been 'affectionately' referring to me as the 'little girly boy' or his 'daughter' for at least 12 years.
>>
>>7756746
>especially when Dad had been 'affectionately' referring to me as the 'little girly boy' or his 'daughter' for at least 12 years.
How did this happen?
>>
>>7752996
You and probably like a tiny handful of people are the only ones on this site that have a problem with that word.
>>
>>7752064
This. They looked back on all of op's posts and never saw him post wojack with
> Tfw no gf
In a metaphorical sense
>>
>>7752996
>You are the cancer that is killing 4chan. KYS.
4chan sekret club has been dead for years newfriend
>>
>>7751303
Honestly, chances are they know.

My BF of sorts says his mom and brother don't know, but from all the stories hes said, chances are they do and just aren't pushing him about it.
>>
>>7758172

I guess. I dont want to seem weak or submissive to them though.
>>
>>7751303
>suspect parents know you're gay
>because they behave chill as fuck
>WHAT SHALL I DO?!111
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.