[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images-1.jpg (6KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6KB, 303x166px
I want to make one thing clear about this thread: I don't want to disrespect anybody's beliefs or opinions, I'm just genuinely confused.
I need to understand why sexual/gender identification is even a thing to begin with. Shouldn't the ultimate goal for equality be to abolish the patriarchy and eliminate any bias beyond physical capabilities between man and woman? That's what I want.
I feel as if this whole trans and gender identification thing is a byproduct of contemporary "3rd wave" feminism. Is it? How long has it been a problem and why is it growing?
And maybe it's not a problem of equality, but I don't understand any other purpose for it. And again, why not own your sexuality?

Help
>>
>>7727432
>abolish the patriarchy
don't forget to catch bigfoot and and uncover the global zionist conspiracy while you're at it op!
>>
>>7727484
I said want, not will do
>>
>>7727500
you don't want those things too?
>>
cara pls
>>
>>7727432
>I need to understand why sexual/gender identification is even a thing to begin with.
Because it's a neurological construct, not a social one like so many people are convinced.
>>
>>7727637
[citation needed]
>>
File: inb4Berg.jpg (21KB, 235x346px) Image search: [Google]
inb4Berg.jpg
21KB, 235x346px
>abolish the patriarchy

Doesn't exist outside of the natural leadership role of men.

>I feel as if this whole trans and gender identification thing is a byproduct of contemporary "3rd wave" feminism. Is it?
No. Trans people have existed as long as gay people have. We have historical accounts going back to the ancient world of people socially transitioning and living their entire lives as the opposite of their natal sex.

"Trenders" (people who clearly aren't much like the gender they're claiming they are, and who at the most get low doses of hormones to look androgynous) are kind of a new thing, sort of this era's answer to the obnoxious "everyone's bisexual" trend of a few decades ago. It's a fad, and they'll go away eventually. Real trans people will not.

>And again, why not own your sexuality?
Gender identification isn't sexual. I knew I was trans before I hit puberty.
>>
>>7727650
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality
If you don't trust the wiki itself, just click the links on the works cited section. There are plenty of valid sources among them.
>>
>>7727690
You pick one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.