[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do cis girls not play video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

>>
>>7724512
I know quite a few girls who do, but they're all filthy console gamers
>>
>>7724532
Isn't that the vast majority of gamers to start with though?
>>
>>7724512
Because they find it boring or something?
>>
>>7724512
Because cis girls are retarded. It's not their fault, they were raised to be.
>>
>>7724512
I met my gf in the gaming club in high school. there were five other girls in that club. They were all insanely good. Stop spewing bullshit. Just like gamer guys don't usually go outside, I imagine it's the same for girls.
>>
File: 1486165058707m.jpg (166KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486165058707m.jpg
166KB, 1024x768px
>>7724594
> my one time experience proves that you are totally wrong
Not an argument
>>
I'm cis female and all my cis female friends play video games..
>>
>>7724564
Most console gamers are console gamers for life, with maybe the exception of games like WoW
PC gaming usually requires a certain level of non-normieness
>>
>>7724607
Considering that your claim is that cis girls don't play video games, it really does only take 1 cis girl that plays to prove you wrong.
You didn't say most cis girls don't play vidya or that cis girls tend to not play vidya.
>>
Because generally it's not considered a girly thing, so parents don't get their daughters video games, and so they don't develop an interest in them growing up, and so it remains "not a girly thing."

And then mobile gaming happened and women now make up about half of people who play games, so thank god for that.
>>
>>7724594
My GF is a hard console gamer too, and her friends are too (mine's are PC gamers) it's not that weird and you can find plenty of them if you just get out of 4chan for a second.
>>
File: Women in vidya.png (196KB, 646x557px) Image search: [Google]
Women in vidya.png
196KB, 646x557px
Game dev here. They do.
>>
>>7724607
It literally does prove it. You said they don't, I have experience that they do. Case closed :^)
>>
>>7724607
>>7724731
Also, Go to any fucking gaming convention and you'll see a lot of women who legitimately love games and aren't just there for attention.
>>
>>7724716
Sauce?
>>
>>7724665
yeah, mine is a steam fanatic. She likes the survival games most (ark, conan, etc..) but still enjoys a variety of genres.
>>
>>7724738
Quantic Foundry.
http://quanticfoundry.com/2017/01/19/female-gamers-by-genre/
>>
>>7724742
Mine is more RPG-JRPG and adventure games. I'm trying bro get her to the dark side of shooters (like overwatch not CS) and mobas but I'm not very lucky haha
>>
>But my gf
>I know this girl who
OP is talking about CIS girls, ladies and gentlemen, and ladies who dress like gentlemen, and gentlemen who dress like ladies.
>>
>>7724512
What are you talking about.
My circle of friends is composed of people between 25 to 33 and half of that is made of females that play games with me all the time, one of them even got pregnant and she's super cute when she's not taking a break to piss every 15 min while we are trying to rekt 12 year old boys on pvp.

t. tranny.
>>
>>7724512
This is just a meme, nice try.
>>
>>7725776
It's a /v/ meme. I'm not sure how many are just memeing when they say it and how many are so NEET that that they genuinely believe it.
>>
Video games are for people with no friends

and cis women all have lives and friends
>>
>>7725830
But video games help you make friends.

I wish I was kidding, but two of my closest friends befriended me over pokemon. I was a freshman in college when HG/SS came out and the explosion of pokewalkers was awesome. Actual people to battle and trade with, like in the 90s during pokemania. Imagine the pokemon go craze that lasted 3 days, but with a game that has depth to keep people playing and only people who actually really like pokemon are playing.
>>
>>7725775
My GF is cis and she plays videogames. And she is feminine, not a butch
>>
File: nuh-uh bitch.gif (896KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
nuh-uh bitch.gif
896KB, 500x326px
>>7725889
>My GF is cis
>>
>>7724716
>moba
>10%
Where are you getting this? It's roughly 4% and it's even lower for fps and fighting games.
>>
>>7726169
Where's your source?
>>
>>7724648
Mobile games aren't games.
>>
Girls don't need escapism unless they're still ugly after a case of beer. And they have no reason to be competitive unless something went terribly wrong during their development.

For everything else, bigfishgames.com caters to the time-waster crowd who game on their PCs from 2003, featuring cheaply made Russian hidden object games such as PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville.
>>
File: LoLInfoGraphic2012-620x.jpg (302KB, 620x3270px) Image search: [Google]
LoLInfoGraphic2012-620x.jpg
302KB, 620x3270px
>>7726175
League is the source of the 9% figure, and they are easilly the most popular moba amongst girls. Remember at 5%, you'd see a girl once every 2 matches with ten players, and anybody who plays mobas knows its either 14 year old pasty white fuckboys or drunk third worlders that always pick pudge mid.
>>
>>7726175
senpai..
>>7725527
>>
>>7726260
No, I was asking for the source of "roughly 4% and it's even lower for fps and fighting games", not the source of the chart.
>>
>>7726271
Fuck, I'm an idiot. Sorry.
>>
>thread about cis women who are not necessarily gay or bi

Why is this allowed here?
>>
File: gog.png (112KB, 527x267px) Image search: [Google]
gog.png
112KB, 527x267px
This "cis girls don't play vidya" argument always makes me laugh. Because I am none of those things (cis, a girl, a vidya player) but my mom sure as hell is all three.

Pic related is her GOG account, and she was 13th ranked DPS on North American servers in WoW before she quit.
>>
>>7724619
flavor of the month mobile games don't count as video games, no matter how much the media wants that to be true so they can say that more women play video games than men.
>>
>>7726788
Mobile games don't count as vidya, but I don't think all the normie dudes that literally only play this year's versions COD and FIFA should count either.
Also, nice assumption. Anon didn't even say what vidya she and her friends play.
>>
>>7724512

Because they are not men trying to be women, they are actual women and video-games serve little purpose to them. Make the game a social event and they'll be all over it.
>>
>>7726768
is she fat?
>>
>>7724716

>The more technical, team based and difficult the genre gets, the less women involved

That testosterone, it shows. It feels good to be a fucking male, hell yeah.
>>
>>7726796
It was a nice assumption, one that is most likely true, and if not true than OP and her friends are outliers that don't represent reality.
>>
>>7724512
I'm pretty much a cis girl, and i like playing life sim and puzzle games
>>
>>7726834
You are "pretty much" a cis girl because the games you like are typical of a cis girl? Or because you are trans that likes to think you are cis because you "aren't like other transgirls"?
>>
>>7726828
Wait, we aren't talking about women being the majority of gamers here, though.
The thread topic is literally "do women play video games at all?" and if a single one does, that's reality here.
>>
>>7726856
no, i'm pretty much cis cuz I transitioned as a kid
>>
>>7726872
You're not cis or "pretty much cis".
Stop.
>>
>>7726813
Dude, she's my mom. She's like 60, she's not hot. But the thread was about whether girls play video games (and they definitely do), not whether girls you want to fuck play video games.
>>
>>7726872
So the "I'm not like other transgirls" excuse it is. You aren't cis, you aren't "pretty much" cis, you are trans, just like every other transperson regardless of when they transition.
>>
>>7726947
I'm not cis, but I am pretty much cis in the sense that I had a normal childhood and still like playing games.
all my friends played videogames too, so the whole "cis girls don't play video games" thing is wrong
>>
>>7726963
Cis or trans has nothing to do with your childhood.
Ironically, it's a binary thing and it's based on one thing, do you identify as the sex you were assigned at birth? You don't, so you're trans. There's no "pretty much" or "kinda" about it.
>>
My core guildmates were almost all cis girls.

4 cis girls
1 cis dude
1 ftm
1fab gender queer
>>
File: Wackity.png (25KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
Wackity.png
25KB, 291x317px
Back in school a girl I fancied for ages got an Xbox just as I stopped fancying her and stopped playing my Xbox.
>>
>>7725775
Yes. I know he's talking about cis. And it just so happens me, and my gf are cis. I came here to troll lgbt and happened across this r9k tier thread.
>>
>>7724648
This.

And I'll add that it's a lot harder to get into and enjoy newer games when you didn't grow up playing them, since you're not at a 'muscle memory' level with the controls. Breaks immersion.
>>
>>7724648
>Because generally clothing is not considered manly, so parents don't get their son's fashionable clothes, and so they don't develop an interest in them growing up, and so it remains "not a manly thing."

>And then graphic t-shirts happened and men now make up about half of people who are interested in fashion trends, so thank god for that.
>>
>>7727068
So right, dude! I don't think the elitism and gatekeeping of the gaming community does anything to lessen female players either!

Oh, wait. I don't wanna hear shit when some of the best selling games are fucking FIFA
>>
>>7727068
Isn't it great when certain things become more accessible to new audiences?
>>
>>7724621
It's a regional thing. Everywhere outside first world countries people prefer PCs because it's cheaper if you pirate.
>>
>>7726917
ftms cant even attempt to type like men

t.ftm
>>
>>7727137
how does a man type???
>>
>>7727042
True. A couple of my girlfriends really enjoyed more casual games I suggested (Life is Strange for example) once they have gotten over the "how do I walk" problem.
>>
>>7727141
and are commas feminine or something???
i don't get it???
>>
>>7727144
I mean, that's where I am.
Grew up with the NES because poor, so shit like first person shooters aren't going to be worth it for me to get over the frustration of trying to get good when it's just gonna be some bullshit anyway.
>>
>>7726224
>Girls don't need escapism unless they're still ugly after a case of beer.
Yeah, explain the Twilight/young adult lit boom to me. Different people have different sources of escapism.
>>
>>7727141
>>7727145
end your life, and your fat moms too
>>
>>7727145
As far as noticed women are way more liberal with their exclamation marks!
>>
>>7727182
Neither one of those posts were mine, but I'm also curious what makes my typing more feminine. I just type how I talk.

Is it capitalization? Punctuation?
I do chat-client based customer service at my job, that kind of thing is embedded in me.
>>
Because videogames are for MANchildren.
>>
>>7727170
>explain Twilight
Baked goods.
>>
>>7727211
>I just type how I talk.
only females do that. men seem to type with less emotion

>Male sentence
I went to the movies, and this kunt in front of me wouldn’t quit bitching, really ruined my night

>Female sentence
okay so,, i went to the movies, right??? and this fucking cunt would NOT STOP bitching(through the whole movie) COMPLETELY ruined my night!!!!!
>>
>>7727229
>kunt
>>
>>7727211
also the fact that you replied to my comment by being offended instead of with a joke or insulting me made me think you were a woman
>>
>>7727239
>shes never been to the misc
missing out
>>
>>7727229
Hm, that's interesting. Thank you for the response.

I wonder if part of it is also that I write fiction. Portraying inflection and emotion is an important skill set I've worked to cultivate, I'm not about to truncate it now.
>>
>>7724607
>Kettle you black mother fucker!
>>
>>7724648
Moms buying games for their kids counts as "women playing video games".

>>7724512
Because girls' lives are inherently magical and they don't need to resort to escapism like boys do. Girls are actually cared for, so they develop close relationships with friends and family, and always have plenty of non lame ass activities to be part of.
>>
>>7724512
I'd say about 90% of everyone born after 1990 play videogames. All my friends, female or male, play videogames.

Videogames have never been as accessable and inexpensive as they are today, and with such variety of games you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't like atleast one game. They've basically become as ubiquitous as color TV's. I think a better question is "why aren't there many cis girl hardcore gamers" which probably has to do with the differences between men and women.

Men typically focus heavily on things they like, whether it's videogames or music or whatever. Women are more interested in a variety of things and rarely focus all their attention on one of their hobbies.
>>
File: harajuku-itabag-800x600.jpg (92KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
harajuku-itabag-800x600.jpg
92KB, 600x400px
>>7728096
>Women are more interested in a variety of things and rarely focus all their attention on one of their hobbies.

as someone who frequents the mostly-girl boards on 4chan, that's bullshit. women go just as hard core, but show it in a different way
>>
>>7728167
>as someone who frequents the mostly-girl boards on 4chan,
Trutrans!
>>
>>7727020
>And it just so happens me, and my gf are transbians
ftfy.
>>
I'm baffled that there exists a place on 4chan where the norm is "Transbian until proven otherwise"
>>
>>7728167
>mostly-girl boards on 4chan
nonsense
>>
>>7728252
>Transbian until proven otherwise
That's like the entire mentality of cislesgen.
Which ironically has more transbians than transbiangen.
>>
>>7728265
>>>/cgl/
>>>/cm/
>>>/y/
>>
>>7727141
Capitalize your sentences. I know you hate your periods, but use them anyway. Know which abbreviations are 4chan Approved TM.

also u gotta wave your dick around when you type. just wing that wang around like a helicopter, because real men only cover their dicks with their beards.
>>
>>7726225
You mean 9% of the people who play league of legends, which isn't the entire population of moba players.
>>
>>7728352
I like that you gave up on your capitals half way.
>>
>>7728046
You missed the fuck point, retard
>>
Can't speak for straight girls, but me and all my cis lesbian/bi friends play on PC, and most of them also play on console. Kekky /r9k/ impression though.
>>
>>7724648
>mobile
>gamer
Pick one
>>
>>7734151
See >>7727079
>>
>>7724716

Anything above MMO isn't even considered in the mainstream as a "game"
>>
>>7724512
Because women don't have that masculine competition gene. They aren't driven to become superior in all aspects of life including games of all kinds. And also they are total fucking faggots. I've yet to see a female of any kind keep up with a male in gaming. It just doesn't happen. And for the .01% of women who do play extensively in competitive games, and do play to get gud, they usually quit after a while and do something less demanding and taxing on the mind. Most women don't like shooters or adventure type games. Suffice to say, stereotypes about women not into "hardcore gaming" are true.
>>
>>7728046
> Girls' lives are inherently magical
Sure. In the sense that some of my thoughts should be instructions for ancient satanic rituals.
> Non lame ass activities
This confirms that you do not spy on me
>>
>>7735289
> masculine competition gene
[citation needed]

> total fucking faggots
... I don't think you understand what 'faggot' means. That's like calling a guy a dyke.

> I've yet to see a female of any kind keep up with a male in gaming
Nice anecdotal reference, 10/10

> Most women don't like shooters or adventure type games
[citation needed]
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.