[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it true that in college dorms in the US you have to share

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

is it true that in college dorms in the US you have to share a room?
How do you have sex? Wouldn't that be terrible if you were gay?
>>
>>7717308
What happens if you share a room with someone the opposite gender? Awkward for trans people.
>>
Yeah, but typically if you're in good terms with your roommate they'll leave for a bit or you can do it when they're already out.
>>
>>7717308
>is it true that in college dorms in the US you have to share a room?

Yes, unless you pay extra for a single.

>Wouldn't that be terrible if you were gay?

Only if you were in the closet or had a homophobic roommate I guess.
>>
I got a rugby jock as a roommate. loved to watch him discretely. He liked to walk around in his underwear.
>>
>>7717308
>not dating your roommate
>>
either you sexile your roommate or be polite about it and give them a heads up. cross your fingers you don't get a phobe for a roommate.

sometimes there are suites with individual rooms that share bathrooms

>>7717331
this doesn't happen. there are coed dorms sometimes but roommates are matched by gender.
>>
>>7721759
>there are coed dorms sometimes but roommates are matched by gender.

What if one of them is trans? How do they deal with it? They try to find another tranny?
>>
>>7717308
I could never do dorms because I absolutely refuse to share a room with a guy. Fuck that.
>>
>>7721770
If the uni is decent, trans people normally get a single desu.
>>
>>7721942
Nice special treatment for those who get it.
>>
>>7721942
When will tranny privilege be recognized?
>>
>>7721770
i'm closeted, but i think there's an ftm guy in my dorm building who barely passes (at least to me, but my clocking skills might be better than average due to being trans myself) and i'm pretty sure he rooms with cis guys like normal.

there's also an entire separate (but fairly small) dorm just for gay/trans people on my campus, but this is an incredibly liberal urban area so that might be a bit uncommon.
>>
File: 64580vo.png (285KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
64580vo.png
285KB, 600x300px
>tfw I'll never be able to go to an all womens' college
Even early transition can't save you
>>
>>7722133

Why's that?
>>
>>7722133
never forget ftms get to
>>
>>7722144
T-Thanks, that doesn't hurt to hear or anything.

>>7722138
Because they exclude MtFs.
>>
>>7717308
>How do you have sex?
uhh you don't? what are you some kind of fucking normie?
>>
>>7722133
there are several women's colleges that take mtfs, though you'd probably get a lot more shit if you don't pass. unless you mean you're too old now and already went somewhere else?

most women's colleges are garbage in any case
>>
>>7722177

Why not lie about that though? You shouldn't lie to your partner, but I don't see why you can't lie to the college. But why care that an all female college doesn't want you, unless you're lesbian? Being bi, I wouldn't want to go to an all-girls college anyway.
>>
>>7722193
Why are there women's colleges? There aren't men's ones. Although if there were they would definitely let in FtMs.
>>
>>7717331
>Awkward for trans people.
I'm living alone in an apartment because I would die if I lived in a dorm room with another male. I kinda wish I wasn't trans so I could experience dorm life.
>>
>>7722202
I'm straight.
>>7722193
Most are trash, I wish there were more good ones. Co-education is awful, but virtually all of the good schools do it, so I have no choice if I want to live where I do.
>>
>>7722232
>Co-education is awful,
what
>>
>>7717308
You don't "have to", but its the normal thing to do
With my penis
Not if you're a normal person

My roommate was a popular stoner skater. I came in mid-semester and he hooked me up with the best fucking weed and made sure I went to all the parties and introduced me to everyone.
Cool guy.
>>
>>7722210
>There aren't men's ones
almost every single college was prior to a few decades ago. i assume the women's ones were formed during that time, and since there are more women who want to be in women's colleges than men who want to be in all men's colleges, they stuck around.
>>
>>7722177
https://www.campuspride.org/tpc/womens-colleges/
>>
I used to fuck my now ex in my dorm, but my roommate worked on weekends so it was tite
>>
>>7722227
It isn't that serious. You are not missing out on a lot.
>>
>>7722281
>since there are more women who want to be in women's colleges than men who want to be in all men's colleges
Is that true though? Men want gentlemen's clubs but they get frowned upon and even made illegal in many places. It's not that men don't want them, it's that they aren't socially acceptable.

Find me a single all-male establishment of any kind that no woman has said should let women in.
>>
>>7722360
>Men want gentlemen's clubs but they get frowned upon and even made illegal in many places
You do know what a Gentleman's club is, right? Pretty sure women are let in those by design.
>>
>>7722374
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentlemen%27s_club#United_States
>Most major cities in the United States have at least one traditional gentlemen's club,
>Membership in the Yale Club is restricted to alumni, faculty, and full-time graduate students of Yale University, and the club has included women among its members since 1969.
>In the United States, the term "gentlemen's club" is commonly used to refer euphemistically to strip clubs. As a result, traditional gentlemen's clubs often are referred to as "men's clubs" or "city clubs" (as opposed to country clubs) or simply as "private social clubs" or just "private clubs".
>>
>>7722232

>Co-education is awful
>all of the good schools do it

It must not be awful in the education category then.
>>
>>7722404
It's damaging to women. But men are mostly in STEM, and good STEM programs are seen as the measure of a good school, so of course co-ed schools are going to be "the best".
>>
>>7722360
no guy wants to be only with other guys, that's shithouse
not even gays

t. lonely guy
>>
>>7722360
you have to think about historical context. in the west and many other cultures, women were excluded from almost everything for centuries. if you were middle-upper class it wasn't even socially acceptable for a woman to leave the house without a male family member or husband to go with her. obviously things are different now, but it's more because men who want to exclude women do so because they don't like them, while all women's spaces (which really aren't that common to begin with) exist because women are worried for their own safety, or because a similar "co-ed" space happens to be mostly male dominated, etc.

it's like making an exclusive Straights Only bar because you're mad there's one gay bar in town where people give you weird looks if you show up but say you're not gay.
>>
>>7722232
Only a transperson wouldn't like coed schools

>went to an all boys school for 12 years
> really fucking lonely
> can't be friends with a girl now without wanting sex
>>
>>7722434
they're common now, and gentleman clubs aren't
half of my ancestors are female, what's your point
>>
>>7722434
>in the west and many other cultures, women were excluded from almost everything for centuries.
and now it's the other way around. yay progress!
>>
>>7722475
not that anon, but I feel like you didn't actually read their post
>>
>>7722461
the point is the reason behind women potentially not wanting men in their spaces is different from the reason men exclude women, the latter usually being genuine belief that women are inferior and the former being a desire to exist in a space where that belief (hopefully) doesn't exist.

>>7722475
and what exactly are you so upset that you're excluded from, aside from a handful of small liberal arts colleges in the US?
>>
>>7722434
>but it's more because men who want to exclude women do so because they don't like them
>while all women's spaces (which really aren't that common to begin with) exist because women are worried for their own safety, or because a similar "co-ed" space happens to be mostly male dominated, etc.
Men's spaces aren't common and there are plenty of things that are female-dominated.

Why are you so dismissive of a man who doesn't want women around (he just doesn't like women and wants to exclude them!) but so willing to create shaky justifications for excluding men the exact same way (safety! too many men in places they are allowed!)?
>>
>>7722605
>Why are you so dismissive of a man who doesn't want women around
Men exclude women because they think women are inferior.
Women exclude men because men are perverted brutes which are a major threat.
>>
>>7722605
>Men's spaces aren't common and there are plenty of things that are female-dominated.
like what? elementary education, nursing? or a small "women in stem" club at your university? because aside from a few niche female dominated (but not exclusive) industries or specific gender related organizations, it's hardly an issue.

and why are those justifications shaky? they are what they are. are you trying to say men can also exclude women because they're worried for their own safety?

>>7722633
>strawmanning
>>
>>7722692
You can't answer the question. You can't explain why you are so eager to defend sexism against men while being the first to condemn it against women.
>>
>>7722633
t. tranny
>>
>>7722633
>putting the "they think" in the wrong sentence
>>
>>7722014
>>7722024
You have to pay extra for a single, guys... At least that's how it was when I went to college.
>>
>>7723506
Even if you're trans?
>Pay up or we're sticking you in a room with a cishet dude
>Enjoy feeling jelly of the girls who get their own rooms away from men like you!
>>
>>7722133
every large women's college in the united states accepts trans women
hell, they usually accept '''''''''trans women''''''''' who are doing nothing to transition and have no plans to
>>
File: BaltimoresBestHon.jpg (85KB, 529x720px) Image search: [Google]
BaltimoresBestHon.jpg
85KB, 529x720px
>>7723518
>B-but muh feminine privilege!

yeah, that's just a meme, hon
>>
>>7723518

>Pay up or we're sticking you in a room with a cishet dude
>Enjoy feeling jelly of the girls who get their own rooms away from men like you!

There's an easy solution to that problem. Just seduce him and make him your bf. That way you're living together with your boyfriend and not being treated as a male.
>>
File: 1480032360849.gif (637KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
1480032360849.gif
637KB, 400x222px
>>7723518
Yeah. I'm a bi MtF and I started transitioning literally 2 weeks after I got to college. I explained my situation to the housing director and he got me into a single room in a dorm building generally for sophomores/juniors. There were shitty freshmen dorms with all double rooms, but the only singles were in like apartment situations where there was a common area (a small living area and kitchenette) with 2 singles and a double attached. That's how the junior/sophomore dorms were organized. So I got put into a single room in an on-campus apartment with 3 dudes, 1 in the other single and 2 in the double room. There were 2 bathrooms, one for the double room and one for the single. I had to pay significantly more than the other freshmen who lived in the crappy freshmen dorms, but whatever. It was better than living in one tiny room with a dude and having to share a public bathroom and shower with a bunch of hairy men. Even though I shared a bathroom with one guy, it was nice and private since it was like an actual bathroom with a lock on the door. It was pretty awkward because I honestly couldn't relate to them at all, and for my first year I was on hormones and presenting femininely, but not yet full time, so they thought I was a dude. We'd be in the common area watching Netflix on our TV and they'd be talking about girls and getting laid and all that and then suddenly I'd get dragged into the conversation. They'd ask me my opinion on a girl, and I'd say something like, "She was pretty nice. I wouldn't mind hanging out with her sometime." Then they'd bust up laughing and clarify that they were actually asking if I thought she was hot or not. I'd be gone for the night and come back in the morning and they'd assume I'd gotten laid, but the truth was that I was actually at a "sleepover" with with these girls who knew I was trans and wanted to drink, watch movies, and hang out. I got to be good friends with one of the guys who was super chill, though.
>>
>>7723632
>and having to share a public bathroom and shower with a bunch of hairy men.
There were communal showers?!

>I got to be good friends with one of the guys who was super chill, though.
How did he take it when you came out?
>>
File: 1472613454693.gif (336KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472613454693.gif
336KB, 200x200px
>>7723632
My second year I was full time and an RA I knew urged me to apply for an LGBT-themed dorm floor. It kind of sucked because all of our mandatory floor meetings were set up by these two Tumblr transtrender RAs and had "educational" portions that were just fucking retarded. I lived in a single in the same building like I did the previous year, except my three roommates were bi and lesbian cis girls. They were pretty chill, except for this one girl who hated white people despite being half white herself and looking like a white girl. I'm currently in my third year and don't have to deal with any of that dorm stuff because I'm living in an apartment with my girlfriend (we're pretty much engaged in everything but name, though) now. I got in RA dorm trouble once because they wrote "If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?" on a communal white board as a fun floor activity once, and I wrote, "I'm pretty sure this floor is all fruits." Apparently someone saw me write it, because I got a reprimand for my "homophobia."
>>
>>7723685
jesus, where do you live? i shared a bathroom with one toilet and one shower with 8 people freshman year and that was a relatively good situation. i had friends who had to go all the way down the hall and up a floor just to get to a bathroom that had one stall for every ten students.
>>
>>7723685
>there were communal showers?!
No, but all the showers in the communal floor bathrooms in the shitty freshmen dorms were like in little toilet stall kind of enclosures across from the toilet stalls. You had to wear sandals in the bathrooms, though, because the floors were notoriously disgusting in both genders' bathrooms in those dorms.
>How did he take it when you came out?
He figured it out on his own, because he noticed that I had budding breasts. It was pretty funny, because he actually brought it up for the first time because he was drunk and caught himself checking out my butt when I bent down to get a thing of dish soap from under the sink. >"Dude, are you like... actually a girl or something?"
>I'm kind of buzzed and my inhibitions are lessened
>"Well, yeah, kind of. I'm taking estrogen and planning on getting surgery in the future. Don't tell the other guys, though, because I'm not sure they'd approve."
>"Oh, okay. That's cool. Your secret's safe with me, dude... dudette? Anyways, I just caught myself checking out your ass and I thought I might have been gay for a second. Uh, not that there's anything wrong with that. Just, you know, I'm straight."
>"Yeah, I get you. Thanks for not flipping out."
>"No problem, you do got a tight ass though."
Then he walked over into his room and just crashed on his bed. It wasn't really a big deal.
>>
>>7723743
I didn't go to college.

>>7723758
I didn't expect the story to be that cute!
>>
>>7722692
>Feminists OUTRAGED At Scholarship For Men In Field That’s 78 Percent Women
dailycaller.
com/2017/02/08/feminists-outraged-at-scholarship-for-men-in-field-thats-78-percent-women/
>>
Even though we didn't share a room and circumstances were a bit weird (I'd just gotten my heart broken and we were living on campus but both a little older), I met my gf when we both moved into the same dorm for summer. And we had sex in her room. So my life is basically a cheesy lesbian trope come true.

I would never have wanted to share a room with someone, though. Fuck that.
>>
>>7724413
I'm surprised they let you in the same dorm unless you were stealth.

What if you could have shared your room with her?
>>
>>7724431

I'm female so that's why. There may have been co-ed dorms on campus, I'm not sure, but it was us and this other girl.

Nah, still wouldn't want to have shared a room with her.At least not when we first met. Now I just want to live in an apartment alone with her, though. One day...
>>
Yes it's true. Its a bonding experience. Unless you get a shit roomate then it sucks. How do you have sex? Tell your roommate your having sex and to stay out until it's over. Sleepovers aren't realistic unless you are out of town
>>
>>7724492
Sock on door
>>
>>7724782
I can't believe it took this long for that to be mentioned. I thought it was a standard thing.
>>
>>7717331
Fuck off. You don't have to make everything about you. This thread is about gay people.
>>
>>7724843
Actually, it's about college dorm rooms.
Both trans and gay people can have issues with them.
>>
>>7722281
>there are more women who want to be in women's colleges than men who want to be in all men's colleges
Nope. Simply not true. Men overwhelmingly wanted e.g. Harvard to be all-male and probably would still want that if they knew they wouldn't be massively shit on for even saying it. *Women* wanted in on the men's colleges (also known as, "colleges") and went on a socjus ragebender until they got their way, just like women always lose their shit and tantrum when they're told no. Shitty tbph but there it is.
>>
>>7722446
>can't be friends with a girl now without wanting sex
This is not an effect of going to an all-boys' school, anon.
>>
>>7724922
You're arguing with a feminist. She's already decided the narrative and your facts have no place in it.
>>
>having to share a room with a stranger
How the fuck could you live like this?
>>
>>7724922
>Men overwhelmingly wanted e.g. Harvard to be all-male and probably would still want that if they knew they wouldn't be massively shit on for even saying it.
see >>7722434
> men who want to exclude women do so because they don't like them, while all women's spaces (which really aren't that common to begin with) exist because women are worried for their own safety, or because a similar "co-ed" space happens to be mostly male dominated, etc.
>>
>>7717308
>be closet mtf who has just started transitioning
>get into frat because legacy
>shitty frat in shitty run down house
>nobody else is pledging
>light hazing begins
>make me stand out in the cold in just my underwear
>they see my femme body and puffy nips
>start digging through my things while i'm out there
>they find out my secret
>make me earn my hormones
>always wearing the most humiliating and skimpy outfits
>french maid, playboy bunny, etc
>they throw party
>dressed as a cigarette girl passing out weed
>everyone but me is drunk or high
>nobody cares i have a cock
>all the guys run a train on me
>pass out after the 15th guy
>wake up the next morning caked in dry cum and sore ass
>know as the campus cum dump
>spend almost no time in class and almost all my time being raped
Why couldn't college be like this?
>>
>>7734741
hot apart from the earning hormones. a cis girl version would be hot too.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.