[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: You wish, Hon!.jpg (167KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
You wish, Hon!.jpg
167KB, 768x1024px
Where does that word even come from? Do people outside of /lgbt/ use it? How many people outside of /lgbt/ would even understand what I mean when I'd talk about someone looking like a "hon"?
>>
>>7714100
>Where does that word even come from?
late transitioners stereotypically refer to people as 'hon' (this is most commonly attached to the denizens of susan's place, but happens pretty much everywhere -- and is also done by the wives, sisters, etc of said late transitioners, it's a cultural thing)
it's so intense i've even seen late-transitioning overly feminine trans men call people 'hon'
>Do people outside of /lgbt/ use it?
no
>How many people outside of /lgbt/ would even understand what I mean when I'd talk about someone looking like a "hon"?
none
>>
>>7714113
It's also the fact that they don't look like women, and have no self-awareness whatsoever.

>I went shopping and everyone was so nice to me. I never got called he once!
>posts most gaudy pic ever
>That bridal gown you wore to run errands looks amazing, hon!
>Thank you, sweetie! We'll have to meet up again while the wives are gone. Hugs and kisses, Barbara.
>>
>>7714100
Go to susans.org.
>>
>>7714129
does passing automatically make them not a hon tho? i mean even qif i saw passing trannies doing something like that i think id die of second hand embarrassment
>>
File: 1483839151943.png (348KB, 738x560px) Image search: [Google]
1483839151943.png
348KB, 738x560px
>>7714100
>Do people outside of /lgbt/ use it?
I was talking to a therapist who specializes in transgender stuff and I told her I was scared to be a hon and she didn't know what that was so I'm pretty sure its just an internet thing.
>>
>>7717536
>I was talking to a therapist who specializes in transgender stuff and I told her I was scared to be a hon
topkek you meme'd in real life to your therapist
Hon is pretty much a 4chan-only thing, even on places like reddit if they knew what you meant by it they'd get pretty butthurt about it
>>
>>7714100
fucking feminists...

anyway its just an exclusive 4chan word. People on susans use it but not for the same definition. few people know it outside from here like on reddit and susans or other trans places.
>>
File: BaltimoresBestHon.jpg (85KB, 529x720px) Image search: [Google]
BaltimoresBestHon.jpg
85KB, 529x720px
>>7714100
Hon is short for Honey and it started in the Baltimore, MD area in the mid 20th century and was used mostly by middle-aged waitresses so it became associated with kitschy, tacky modes of dress, speech and appearance.
John Waters brought it into the mainstream in some of his movies and trannies picked it up to refer to each other.
It has come to mean unattractive, un-passing and even ugly but it more accurately refers to flashy, garish, gaudy, graceless, glitzy, inferior, junky, passé, outmoded, low-grade, second-rate, sleazy, shoddy, tawdry or unbecoming styles of dress.
>>
File: PPC-Staff-photo-by.jpg (556KB, 1200x863px) Image search: [Google]
PPC-Staff-photo-by.jpg
556KB, 1200x863px
>>7717593

HonFest is an annual festival held in the Hampden neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland, U.S. HonFest takes its name from the word "hon", short for "honey", a term of endearment and greeting often used in "Baltimorese".[citation needed] The festival began in 1994 as a local celebration of the Baltimorese lifestyle and stereotype, and has become one of the most visited festivals in Baltimore. The summer festival originally started as a one day event, but it became two days starting in 2007, and is held on a Saturday and Sunday. The festival holds a contest in which people dress up as a Baltimore "hon" in a 1960s-style beehive hairdo and sunglasses and other over-stylized clothes and makeup, such as, bright eye shadow, spandex pants, and leopard print clothing, and the winner is crowned "Miss Hon".[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HonFest
>>
>>7717602
http://honfest.net/
>>
>>7717602

>tfw the attention whore in me wants to participate and win but the tranny part of me who's desperate for acceptance wouldn't want to be crowned a hon
>>
>>7714100
I've never seen anything positive out of a post that uses "hon" unironically, so I imagine it's a 4chan thing.
>>
>>7717602
/lgbt/ should attend the honfest together
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.