[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living in your city as a trans person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Denise_Bryson.jpg (42KB, 490x686px) Image search: [Google]
Denise_Bryson.jpg
42KB, 490x686px
Hey! Most of people here are probably from more progressive countries than my stupid Poland, and I'm really curious if you had any good/bad experiences in public as a trans person. I've been mistaken for a lady already because of my hair, but I haven't switched to female clothes yet. Looking forward to leaving this hellhole some day to hopefully live more comfortable.
>>
>>7710658
I'm from a shithole third world country in south america.

I'm too scared to even try anything, I will probably get beaten or some shit so until I'm sure I pass 100% I will never go out as a girl.
>>
>>7710658
I live in the Bible Belt where lgbt people are hated but for some reason no one bothers me. It's weird.
>>
See, I have a feeling not many Polish people would actually react in real life, but I know most of them are judgemental catholics and I just don't want to be around those people.
>>
I've lived in New Jersey, Washington, and South Carolina. I've never personally had anyone treat me positively or negatively for being trans in public, or even really indicate that they were aware I'm trans at all. The only times it was really an issue is when my paperwork was still out of date.

Washington is really polarized, some of my friends get harassed and accosted even at work, but there are tons of LGBT communities and liberal havens to hide in. Before I updated my paperwork, if I ever had to use it (getting a job, voting, etc) the reactions I got were mixed between "no problem" and stares of slight disgust.

New Jersey was pretty hostile to trans people, the only place that seemed at all accepting was the state college, and you could tell that it was a forced kind of acceptance. NJ isn't liberal at all desu, it only votes Dem because it's filled with a bajillion minorities. When I tried to use my ID or update my papers, the disgust was really obvious.

In South Carolina, passing is a matter of life and death desu, and I think any tranny with sense leaves asap.

My family was ethnically Polish and still had those shitty Eastern Europe values, they basically want me dead lol. Good luck Pole anon, but I doubt America is much better.
>>
>>7710715
I've heard hopeful things about big cities, like NYC, and obviously LGBT communities there must be enormous compared to where I live. It's not much but it still makes me feel better to know that there are people like me, compared to the god-loving normieland I'm in right now.
>>
>>7710658
I'm in the most liberal city of my state, Ann Arbor. I've had strangers call me 'he' or 'him' only to apologize to my face seconds later. Sometimes people will ask me for my pronouns before gendering me at all. Its nice not living in a redneck county.
>>
>>7710746
I'm sure if you just stick to the LGBT communities, any major American city will be amazing for you. I'm just saying that even in liberal bastions like Seattle, the average normie on the street is kinda disgusted by us.
>>
>>7710715
>New Jersey
Really?
I never had a problem there when I was living in South Jersey
>>
>>7710768
Whereabouts in South Jersey? I was in Central Jersey. I never encountered outright hostility or had "problems", but it was really far from accepting.
>>
>>7710787
I lived in both cape may county and atlantic county, mainly Wildwood, Egg harbor township, Brigantine and Galloway
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.