[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Hankycode/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (97KB, 638x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 638x640px
I'm straight as a flagpole, but I thought this board would enjoy my story, and I have questions about the hanky code.

> Be me
> In 11th grade
> was really into Bruce Springsteen then
> Getting dressed for school on morning, have an idea.
> decide to put a bandana in my back pocket, to look like Bruce's album cover (pic related)
> About to walk out the door
> Dad stops me, tells me I LITERALLY look gay.
> Don't understand.
> He tells me that gay people in the 70's and 80's did that to signal that they were gay.
> Leave bandana home.

I had a red bandana on the right side, what did that mean?
>>
>>7709002
Hanky code is old school as shit, so a lot of young gays haven't even heard of it.
But if I remember right, it means you wanted to get fisted.
>>
>>7709002
Back when being openly gay could get you killed and the cops wouldn't care, codes like this were used. Some people loved that secret spy side to being a faggot.
The red hanky meant into fisting, the side signalled either dominant or passive.
There was a whole range of signals and there's been no need for them for decades now, even in the 80s it was more of an in-joke than a necessary thing.
>>
>>7709013
Yeah, at least in the clubs I went to, a lot of people wore any color hanky on either side, without knowing or indicating a specific meaning beyond "I'm gay".
>>
>>7709002
that's a red baseball cap btw
>>
>>7709058
Yeah I know, but I thought the bandana would look like it.
>>
Fucking kek, that means you like getting fisted
>>
>>7709015
This. The hanky code is very regional with different colors/patterns meaning different things if you are in new york or SF. Though some colors are universally recognized, like yellow meaning piss. But for the most part red, white, blue, and black (ie common colors) hankies all meant you were looking for sex and nothing really more beyond that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.