[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a tranny's brain senses there's something wrong...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (2MB, 540x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 540x603px
Why doesn't it produce more of the desired sex hormone (estrogen for mtfs, test for ftms)?
This is a really stupid question but why can't this happen? Similar to when a drunk person's brain tells them to throw up in order to protect them from alcohol poisoning. This and I've heard cases of people "miraculously" getting better from physical ailments because of their mental state. A negative example would be a hypochondriac's brain producing things in their body that trigger them to actually feel what they say they feel.
>>
yeah, tell that cancer patient to just stop growing bad cells, y'know?

or that guy with hypothermia, just shiver more, that's what it's for, right?
>>
>>7677376
Nah man I'm a trans guy and I know it's a crazy question but I'm curious why the brain won't do that if it senses somethings wrong (GD), especially when there's things like the placebo effect and what I described above
>>
Regardless of whether you're male or female, the only way your brain can contribute to the production of sex hormones is via the pituitary producing identical gonadotropins.
Your brain can will all it likes for your gonads to produce a different sex hormone, but it simply cannot do anything about it. LH and FSH are exactly the same in both males and females.
The difference is in the gonads and which sex hormone they then produce after being hit with gonadotropins, and the sex hormone they produce depends on genetic expression during fetal development, during which the simultaneously developing brain cannot do anything about it.
>>
Likewise, I don't think the brain has any say in aromatase production or inhibition.
>>
>>7677514
>>7677526
Thank you, this makes sense.
>>
Retarded
>>
>>7677345
Because consciousness is a more complex question than that.

We don't have all the answers about the brain or anything in general. Trying to pretend we know is going to hold us back.
>>
>>7677345
Why do hormonal issues exist at all then if you think the brain should just detect and fix the issue?

You know most hrt medications trannies take weren't actually made for trannies but for cis people, just considering how few trannies there are they make up a tiny fraction of the people who need to take hormones.

Your example of a drunk isn't even equivalent since the brain isn't changing the balance of chemicals in their body besides those involved in the nausea reaction. It's a better comparison for trannies experiencing dysphoria as a signal that something is wrong comparable to nasea.

If you're seriously wondering how all this works then you need to probably take some classes in biology and neurology or at least do some research.

>>7677491
The placebo effect doesn't magically cure major issues, that's why they use placebo groups when they're testing whether a medication actually works or not.

The right mindset and "fighting" can help recovery but it's really more that giving up and being in a bad mindset can have negative impacts that impede recovery.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.