[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

closeted trans friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: taco-recipe.jpg (68KB, 630x330px) Image search: [Google]
taco-recipe.jpg
68KB, 630x330px
Hello. I'm a straight guy but I have a friend who is trans. She's a girl who wants to be a boy. I'm going to call her "she" because that's what I normally call her.
I'm the only person besides her therapist who knows she's trans. She says she isn't going to do a sex change, but I can tell she's unhappy and she stumbles from one failed relationship to the next. She finally started going to therapy after i told her for years that she should, so that's a start, but she's in her early 20s now and becoming a woman. I'm afraid that she's going to do a sex change in like 10 years but by then the results won't be so good. She says she's going to marry a man and have kids instead. I know she wouldn't like it, but she won't listen. She's set on being straight because she thinks her family will disown her. Any advice on how i can help her decide to do it now?
>>
>>7673632
Not trying to be rude, but considering you're still calling it a sex change, you aren't read up enough on the issue to be telling your friend what they should do.
>>
>>7673632
>know she wont like it
how?

I would honestly let her discover her own feelings, don't push her to be one way, or it might backfire and she will become transphobic.
>>
>>7673671
I agree, nobody can ever change their sex.
>>
They need to do this in their own time,; encourage them to see an lgbt positive shrink at least - Christfags make it worst.

Also, calling them "she" is counter productive to your stated goal. Use "they" at least.
>>
>>7673632
Make sure she knows you are there to support her in beating this. Plenty of former gender dysmorphic individuals have beaten the disease through therapy, so your insistence on having her ruin her life because you're looking to have some progressive trophy friend is frankly disturbing, and you're just going to confuse and harm her by trying to force her into this.
>>
>>7673687
Fuck off, repression anon.
OP's friend would be FTM and have none of your passing issues.
>>
>>7673632
>Any advice on how i can help her decide to do it now?

If you were her true friend you would support him in whatever decision he made. It is xir decision to make, not yours.
You may think you know best, but you don't.
Instead of giving advice, just try to listen and be supportive.
It sounds like its life is going to be difficult no matter which road it takes.
>>
>>7673726
>xir
please fucking stop if you want to be taken seriously. the gender neutral pronoun that makes any kind of sense is singular they.
>>
>>7673687
Agreed, just let her do what she needs to, if she wants to try having a husband, let her make momentum towards that.

Depression gets the worst if you feel your stuck, and if you don't let her keep moving, she will feel stuck and depressed.
>>
>>7673718
How many people have been called "repression anon" at this point?
>>
>>7673726
I do support her, but it's hard to watch her get hurt and be miserable time and time again when she'd obviously just be better off doing a sex change.
>>7673784
She doesn't even like men though. She got rejected by the straight girl she liked and that just made her repress even harder.
>>
>>7673632
If she won't just because her family will disown her, obv she's just living for them and not herself. At that point there's not much you can do, just tell her to ask her parents "How can I best serve my overlords today?" Every day because that would make it a lot easier for her to please them.
>>
tell her not to throw away her existence for people that don't give a fuck about her
>>
>>7676927
tell him that is
>>
>>7673738

You didn't notice anon switched to a different pronoun every time? keks were had.
>>
>She says she's going to marry a man and have kids instead.
Does she have one in mind, or is this just a general sentiment? Because if the former, that's pretty selfish to drag other people down with her. I get repression, but it always bugs me when people do shit like that.

But if it's the latter, she's still young, maybe she's just not ready yet and clinging to hope for a normal white-picket-fence life (which doesn't really exist in as much perfection as people want, and trans people can work towards it as best as anyone else can. Everyone's got some struggle to get there, whether it's that they're trans, or an immigrant, or have health issues, whatever, everyone's got their shit).
Sometimes people need to go without treatment to prove to themselves that it's genuinely something they need - not just when it comes to gender dysphoria, but for all kinds of mental and physical disorders.
Luckily, if she's ftm, ageing a few years into her 20s won't do as much damage as it would for a mtf.

At the end of the day, you can't make her decisions for her. You can listen and support her, maybe you can nudge her out of her comfort zone. If she's stuck under her parent's thumb, encourage her to widen her horizons and find independence, invite her on a trip abroad if that's in the cards, etc.
But don't push too hard.
>>
>>7673632
Try to talk them into engaging therapy seriously before it is too late.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.