[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK is his problem???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 15

File: jordan-peterson-1.png (445KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
jordan-peterson-1.png
445KB, 620x465px
What the FUCK is his problem???
>>
>>7667664
He is a qt of the frog clan. You leave professor Peterson alone. Relativists bullied him so hard with their indefensible bs that he he cried. Literally dindu nuffin.
>>
>>7667664
Gender crit
>>
>>7667664

he's right you know
>>
>>7667664
his problem is that he is correct and some people have an issue with reality, so they autistically screech in his direction because he wont say what someone tells him to with the threat of imprisonment.
>>
File: tumblr_oejpi8eN0M1rig9z5o1_500.jpg (83KB, 459x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oejpi8eN0M1rig9z5o1_500.jpg
83KB, 459x750px
>>7667664
What was his argument exactly?
not the free speech thing
>>
>>7667836
Referring to people by the pronouns they prefer, hurts them and society, somehow
>>
>>7667850
Meh. Generic ignorant argument. Throw it in the pile- this is on par with the "being gay harms nature" meme.
>>
>>7667878
I don't think he cares about calling mtfs/ftms their preferred pronouns. He thinks the they/them ze/zir pronouns are stupid and refuses to use them.
>>
>>7667878

You judge his argument generic based on the one-line summary of it by a bored anon? You're a generic ignorant person, yourself.

I mean I never heard of this guy before, and I suppose he's probably wrong no matter what he thinks, but you're a fool.
>>
>>7668317
I can get down with that.
>>
Classic opportunist. He's just riding the fame train at this point. His "philosophical ideas" are nothing new, basically just watered-down Sartre.
>>
>>7667685
>>7667694
>>7667800
>>7667823
le JPIDF is here :)
>>
>>7667664
What's even more pathetic is /lgbt/ and sjw consuming themselves with this man's ideology. Shows how think skinned and impressionable you are.
>>
>>7668317
His argument is that gender rationales are breaking down in society and nobody is really talking about it because the main proponents of gender theories are operating in intellectual vacuums not being held accountable by outsiders (or if they are, they ignore it or only accept allies' praise and assistance). So the conflict between the larger world and transpeople is breaking down into these semantic arguments over gender's very nature because a few legislators looking to be inclusive haven't seen that the work they do to help trans rights is also producing terrible backlash or steps towards backlash through violating other peoples' rights relative to transpeople... if gender expands beyond two genders to include nonbinary, Peterson finds that acceptable. What he is arguing against is that when confronted with so many more gender identities, the categorical nature of gender decays and breaks due to infinite forms of classification.

Maybe you don't see passing and trans behavior as being beholden to society and its expectations, but elaborate extrapolations of potential genders endangers the value we place as members of a disenfranchised trans subculture on gender itself. Gender can be real and fake: performative while still serious. Otherwise anyone who claims trans identity without any social proof or transition or hardship and compromise with the world is trans and then trans... becomes meaningless and treated like something as simple as what breakfast cereal you prefer. There are certain aspects of identity that are more important than simple choices, and that means we can't make trans a trivial thing.

We are forced to prove time and time again our legitimate value as humans because we are different. Rather than being bugged that it has to be validated by our virtue, we must argue and debate and push further in the way of educating people, not forcing experimental legislation and endless new gender identities.
>>
>>7672520
So he's a lying Christian pedophile dog shit eater?

That's a huge surprise since 4chan likes him. Or should I say...yuge?
>>
>>7672541
His worst quality is that he is a bit of an aspie, which makes him come off as being crude or insensitive, but I don't find him to be transphobic in the same way average Joe Sixpack is. I think he sees trans people as puzzling anomalies and appreciates them as unique people; he is also the kind of person to think of unique as actually unique, in that he can't fully comprehend everything trans people go through, but intellectually wants to understand their reasoning. I don't think anyone here likes him because he's educated or intelligent- let alone that he has a genuine interest in how trans people think which is more empathy than most alt-right shits can muster- but only because he's a meme they obsess over. It seems most of the fans of his that come from here barely understand his stances and seem to portray it as "durhur only two genders" and "pronouns are dumb." A gross oversimplification, to say the least.
>>
>>7672658
He's a homeschooled Christcuck who had it drilled into him that if he pretends to be intellectual, then other cishet dog shit will put him in positions of power of the oppressed, and then he can hurt them legally.

Education was invented as a means of religious people pretending to be competent enough to decide that it was ok for them to behave like diseases.
>>
>>7672541
PhD grad teaching others > 4chan dog shit meme anon
>>
>>7672690
No, he's not. He actively harms a huge number of people by being dog shit. I educate LGBT to stand up for themselves, and how. The harder he works at being worthless, the more worthless he is, not the less worthless. :)
>>
>>7672702
>I educate LGBT
Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>7672690
>being this spooked
>>
>>7672733
It's true. It's shameful how many LGBT didn't realize that they need to arm themselves against and prepare to harm and kill the straights. The Orlando massacre taught many of them, but I'm trying to open their eyes before a mass murder does it for them. They really shouldn't wait until they're already dead to realize that the straights need to be killed.
>>
>>7672702
He doesn't need to base his success on whether or not people agree with him, unlike you....clearly. He's already successful. Give me my (You) when you have a phd, therapist license, etc.
>>
File: IMG_8243.jpg (108KB, 750x1008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8243.jpg
108KB, 750x1008px
>>7672742
Yeah good job teaching them the true reason behind that shooting...
>>
>>7672756
The police officer at the door was straight, and he ran away after getting a flesh wound to his leg rather than shoot the terrorist. The SWAT team of straights who arrived on the scene arrived after the Muslim had killed about 5, and literally waited until he'd used up all of his ammo killing dozens before they killed him. The straight disease wanted him to kill the gays, because that's what the straight disease does. Every LGBT person who heard about that in the news knows that now, and they're buying guns in massive numbers, as they should you filthy straight disease. :)
>>
>>7672789
Wrong. Armed security fired at Omar before he made his way further into the club. They weren't going to risk killing innocents.
"Adam Gruler, an Orlando police officer working security for Pulse nightclub that night, traded gunshots with the gunman, Omar Mateen, near the club’s entrance."
"Gruler, a 15-year veteran of the Orlando Police Department, was at the club, in uniform, working security. He traded gunfire with Mateen before the gunman made his way further into the club."
"In addition, news reports said that two of the responding officers, who were nearby and arrived at the scene not long after, also fired at Mateen before he retreated to a club bathroom with hostages. That was a few hours before police used an armored vehicle to rescue hostages from the bathroom, and then shot and killed Mateen."
Sauce: http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/orlando-club-had-armed-security/
>>
>>7672789
You are the disease. A CTR shillbot whose time is up. Please. More faggots are flocking to democrats who want to enforce gun free zones and put more restrictions on guns. Nice try.
>>
>>7672679
This is just ad hominem and not worthy of responses. Attacking Christians for being Christians and not their ideas or logic is basically just proof that you are brainwashed into simplistic modes of thinking.

I would not call a man/woman/etc who was a professor and lectured at Harvard a "pretend" intellectual. If you had any intellectual capability yourself, you would investigate your own claims rather than making them without basis. You are not thinking.

If you do not think, you do not exist.

Anyways I just looked it up: he went to school in a Canadian town of 2,000 people. The only high-schools are public or a Catholic school. Catholic school is by and far better at indoctrinating anti-establishment views than any Protestant cult private school. Wow, fascinating. Keep in mind Peterson was a liberal most of his youth, a fervent member of the NDP. Peterson is still a very liberal person, so I don't see what your argument is here.

I am trans and Christian, oh no! What will you do? Call me a transgender Uncle Tom? Am I hoin 4 da man, anon?
>>
>>7672820
Wrong. The armed security was a police officer, and he only fired a single bullet, and then ran away and let Omar into the club.

Gruler didn't "exchange gunfire." One bullet is not "gunfire."

News reports also said that not a single officer went inside the club until the SWAT team made their entrance at the end. Am I to believe the news when they said the straight dog shit went in and tried to do what my taxes pay them to do? Or do I believe them when they said they didn't? Well, I'm going to believe them when they said they did nothing, because that's what the straight disease always does when the only two options are to do what's right or to do nothing. They are cowards and worthless, after all.
>>
>>7672837
No, you are a disease you worthless lying cishet maggot. :)
>>
>>7672860
>arguing against a Clinton fact checker
Are you really that fucking daft?
>>
>>7672860
>They are cowards and worthless, after all.
Yet here you are, being underhanded and a bigot anonymously. You don't stand for truth, just trolling and self-hating projections.

Just like any other shitposter on this board, you are worthless and have nothing better to do than to spread more divisive nonsense because you have perpetual butthurt.
>>
>>7672870
What is up with faggots always taking about dog shit and insects. Keep your kinks to yourself pathetic faggot.
>>
>>7672877
Stranding for what's right and pointing out that those that are pure evil are, indeed, pure evil is not underhanded or bigotry you living disease of a cishet. :)
>>
>>7672887
Gas the homosexual Jews
Heil Hitler
>>
>>7672887
I am literally the same transwoman who just replied to you earlier. I am not cishet. I am also a Christian.

I am also not a bigot, like you, "troll-pretending-to-be-radical-leftist-and-trans."
>>
>>7672874
>telling me to stop telling the truth and instead suck up to lying cishet diseases

Are you an infection, bro?
>>
>>7672887
Faggots are consumed by dog shit, insects, and disease. IT'S ALL THE TALK ABOUT!
>>
>>7672901
Disease, infection, insects, dog shit. Got any other kinks poz scum?
>>
>>7672902
Oh man, it's so hard, it's so very hard, but I think I can...still...barely...remember that all straight people are dog shit eating maggot diseases. :) Just barely though...phew, I'm sweating, that was close.
>>
>>7672902
stop replying to yourself dipshit
>>
>>7672897
But the only things I've responded to in this thread have been cishet living diseases. :)
>>
File: IMG_8244.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8244.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
>>7672901
You better watch your back before Clinton hears of this!
>>
>>7672924
Should I add sweat to the link list??
>>
>>7672932
no youre just false flagging both sides you goddamn /pol/ secret reverse kike
>>
File: IMG_8245.gif (496KB, 398x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8245.gif
496KB, 398x298px
>/pol/ shots fired
>>
>>7667664
He's just another bigot who says he's helping people somehow. Nothing really new.
>>
>>7672990
If you think he is a bigot you are really missing the core of his argument. With respect to fee speech he is very clear. The government should not compel specific types of speech from people. That is what an authoritarian government does and he is firmly against that form of government.

His arguments on made up pronouns is also logical. he and she are shortcuts, you see a person and you classify them for convenience. having to ask a person for a made up pronoun removes the whole purpose of pronouns.

If you want to take it further he is rejecting the very post-modern idea that identity is something that you just make up on a whim and perform. If anything he sees your identity as something that is negotiated and not determined only by your preference.
>>
>>7672990
Free speech and less government interference... my god what a fucking bigot!
>>
>Be clinical psychologist
>Find a lot of research supporting the idea there are gender differences between men & women
>Have these differences verified by many different measures and types of research, from examining peoples brains, doing studies of the population, animal studies.
>Have entire clinical outlook be based on these gender differences, treat men differently than you treat women.
>Be aware of research verifying the existance of MtF & FtM trans, as well as inbetween

>Be very obsessed with ideology
>Believe that supression of free speech caused the murders of Maos China, the USSR in general, and Hitler
>Become suspicious of people that control language

>Also, be very interested in the concept of the individual vs society.
>Believe that all individuals have to comprimise some of their individuality to fit into society, or you can't have society
>Believe both sides have to negotiate for things to work

>Woah woah there, here comes the social psychologists
>GENDER IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT YA'LL
>This really makes the Ontario government and Canadian government really think, they pass laws that make it hate speech to say somebody is not the gender they are, or not used their preferred pronoun, which is hate speech

>Decide enough is enough
>Say the truth, that concepts like gender fluidity and agender are not recognized by mainstream science, nor are most of the genders circulated on tumblr.
>Say getting peoples gender right is important for mental health, to the point you should be able to disagree if you think somebody is wrong.
>Refuse to be forced to call people xir, singular they, or abide by government restrictions on free speech.
>Say that by making ANY disagreement over somebodies gender or pronouns hate speech is wrong, point out he literally can't do his job as a psychologist if he has to agree with clients or be brought in on hate speech charges
>Believe there should be a higher standard for what constitutes harassment

LITERALLY DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>7673125
Also

>Be very obsessed with the idea of categorization
>Rage a lot about how categories have to both be general and specific enough to be useful
>Talk about this a lot when discussing the "big five" psychological model, which simplifies peoples personalities into 5 overarching traits, and why he likes this model.

>point out allowing people to define a theroretically infinite number of genders and prounouns, and have people be legally compelled to use them, is retarded
>Point out that if you do this, genders and pronouns will become so specific they will cease to have any use, and people would be better off just remembering peoples names.

Again DINDU NUFFIN!
>>
>>7673018
>he is rejecting the very post-modern idea that identity is something that you just make up on a whim and perform.
Incorrect. The nuance here is important: the Judith Butler school of gender criticism aligns well but is a clarification: gender is performative, but if it was a simple "whim" why would we put so much value in the gender expressions we prefer? In other words, "performative" gender is still serious. It takes more than a whim to be transgender, just as breaking the habit of being an alcoholic takes more than whims. It takes innate willpower to perform gender as you desire. You do not make it up on a whim--- just as a performance in a play requires memorization, emulation, and a lot of practice. The validity of your performance is judged by its quality, which isn't only mirroring normative taboos but other more subtle behaviors.

>>7673125
The problem with a lot of these stupid gender pop social psych critiques is that they lack any sort of understanding that "gender is a social construct" and "gender is real" are two ideas that are harmonious. There is a balance to be found between categorical gender classifications and vague in-between genders and transgender identities. Just because something is socially constructed does not mean that it cannot be meaningful and also have its meaning discussed and changed over time. You cannot however do away broadly with the rules, only amend and debate them as they stand.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 600x615px
>>7667664
Actual UofT student here.

Honesty most of what this guy says is fringe theory bullshit but his opinions trigger our fucking ridiculous study union so he's good.

Seriously the union is liberal as fuck. The gender studies/SocJus majors are the only ones who bother to learn where voting is taking place and then actually go so elections are a competition over who can be more politically correct.
>>
>>7673125
>>7673175
BTW thank you for articulating all the nuances in a concise manner. It is troubling that this man has been singled out when there are genuinely hateful people on both sides of these issues that want to stifle rational debate, and indeed Peterson has brought a lot of proper discussion to the table and made people- otherwise uninterested in trans bullshit which usually is only interesting to LGBT people- actually think and try to comprehend these conflicts in society.
>>
>>7673239
Not really. Anyone who says that I should be called "he" or else society will crumble, is pretty much just an asshole.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 460x593px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 460x593px
>>7672520
>>7672658

Jesus Christ thanks anon for that shockingly insightful and coherent speach.
>>
>>7673249
If you think the law should require me to call you what you determine is appropriate than you are being the asshole. At best you can make a polite request that someone address you in a way that you prefer.
>>
>>7673266
>the law should require

When did this become part of the conversation? What happened to influencing the way people refer to you just by passing?
>>
>>7673266
Eat shit and kill yourself you disease. :)
>>
>>7673207
Standards of what is considered an acceptable performance can change.
>>
>>7673286
The law in question that Peterson became famous for defending was a law that would compel people to use the pronoun that a person preferred. It was authoritarian bullshit.
>>
>>7673298
*for opposing
>>
>>7673298
Insulting people has been against the law in every country on Earth ever for thousand of years. Just because you straight diseases think it's ok for you to do it to people who don't lick Jesus Christ's asshole doesn't mean you ever or ever will be right. :)

If you can't stop acting like a disease without someone threatening to put you in prison, they shouldn't even warn you before taking you to prison, just put your worthless in there.
>>
>>7673315
>Insulting people has been against the law in every country on Earth ever for thousand of years

Are you trolling? At least in America it is every citizens right to not only think the other person is an asshole but to call them that and more, as long as its not libelous.
>>
>>7673328
But technically, isn't it considered hate speech?
>>
>>7673335
hate speech laws, in america? HAHA I can go up to a persons funeral and preach about what an awful person they were and how they are going to hell and its perfectly legal.
>>
>>7673249
That's not what he's saying.

He's saying that the law should allow for disagreement over issues like somebodies gender identity. We question peoples sexuality all the time despite that being thought of as set in stone by most, and it's legal, why is it suddenly taboo to question somebodies proclaimed gender identity to the point we need to explicitly single it out as illegal?

Why is it taboo to disagree even with the pronoun they use to refer to themselves by that gender identity, the law calls for people to be able to have "preferred pronouns", that is literally compelled speech, it's saying that if somebody prefers xir you can't call them singular they, if somebody prefers singular they you can't call them xir.

I believe you should be safe from continual harassment at a workplace, school, grocery store, somewhere you have to go. I believe by singling out specific things like not using somebodies preferred pronoun as violating somebodies sense of gender identity, they are however, making the bar of what constitutes harassment too low. You can have a disagreement about that topic without things necessarily being harassment.

I'm an autismo, one of my friends recently made some autism jokes they got off 4chan. I don't mind people questioning say the rise in autism diagonsis, it's a valid question, but I don't appreciate mockery. I stopped what we were doing, called him out on it. Later he apologized and tried to make it up to me.

I read this story http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/mike-ward-petit-jeremy-human-rights-tribunal-1.3461693 - considered it fucking rediculous. So I decided if I don't want people repeating 4chan autism memes, and don't want daddy government to protect me, I needed to have a spine.

When daddy government protects you, It just results in people, at best, making fun of you behind your back, instead of to your face. When you make individuals responsible for social change, then hearts and minds are won over.
>>
>>7673341
That's defamation. If they could get some half-decent legal representation, you're worthless ass would be left so broke you'd be eating canned peas and nothing else for the rest of your life.

The fact is, it's not ok when you're dog shit. It wasn't when your mom promised you it was, it wasn't when you were dog shit in school, and it won't be when you're 60 you dog shit. :)
>>
>>7673353
Good idea getting a liberal to agree with you that the law should allow you to disagree with someone who wants you to show basic human respect to them. :) You just can't hold such a dog-shit opinion, and expect any decent human being to agree with you.
>>
>>7673354
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snyder_v._Phelps
>>
This isn't myspace quit the fucking emoticons you fucking faggot
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>7673354
Not only did this guy and his crazy religious cult family do it all the time but he and his family were lawyers and would, probably still do, sue people who would try to prevent their exercise of free speech. They always won
>>
>>7673363
I'm not terribly surprised that the straight disease rewrote the law to make it ok for straight diseases to harm gay people, they've done it for thousands of years and the Orange Dump is planning to do it more.
>>
>>7673377
That's why I say the only way to cure the straight disease is to kill them.
>>
>>7673377
Letting 1 guy have this much of an impact on your life
>wew lad
>to the gas chambers
>>
>>7673377
Then maybe stop trying to stifle free speech? it makes you faggots look like the bad guys.
>>
>>7673411
Standing up for equal rights for gays makes me look like the bad guy? Well just you wait until the next time I assualt a straight guy, you'll get to enjoy me looking really really bad then! :)
>>
>>7673357
Liberals are easy to win over to the idea of individual rights and free speech. That's a classic liberal principle.

Too bad the left has forgotten what liberalism is all about, and believes that if somebody holds a bad opinion, you should just silence them using daddy government, instead of growing a pair and confronting them. Nowadays in Canada if you go into a comedy club, and heckle a comedian, and get called Dyke until you leave, that's a human rights violation on the part of the comedian.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/supreme-court-upholds-decision-to-force-comedian-to-pay-15000-for-tirade-of-ugly-words-against-lesbian-heckler

That is a situation where the government needs to get involved. People are unable to simply, leave the comedy club. Or record the act, put it up on youtube, and start a boycott like what happened with Kramer. People no longer believe in standing up for themselves.

I'm not even talking about somebody getting harassed by their boss at work or something like that. I believe that people need some protection against harassment in certain contexts. I know what it's like to get abuse in the workplace, and at school, when you can't do anything about it.

Canada has just gone to too much of an extreme, trying to coddle various groups considered oppressed, including my disabled brethren, even in situations where the government need not get involved.

Those calling for more censorship of "hate speech" are giving bigots a legitimate thing to point to and say "look, I'm being oppressed". It's driving bitterness, I see WAY more negative attitudes towards trans than I did two years ago. It's setting a terrible precedent in regards to the government having control over peoples speech. It's slowing DOWN acceptance because people aren't saying what they really think. All it's accomplishing is getting people to talk behind your back instead of to your face.

It's not liberal at all to restrict speech. Not at all.
>>
>>7673468
That comedian should have been skinned alive for being a worthless Christian. I don't think you're going to trick any human beings into thinking he was right you disease. :)
>>
>>7673468
>It's not liberal at all to restrict speech. Not at all.

The people that push hate speech laws and similar are not liberal they are neo-marxists. They want equality of outcome not equality of opportunity. Peterson would argue they are the very embodiment of the overbearing mother archetype.
>>
>>7673422
>equal rights
no part of equal rights says you can keep people from expressing themselves, faggot.
>>
>>7673494
You don't have a right to be a living disease you pedophile. :)
>>
File: 1482685848883.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1482685848883.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>7667664

ITT: People saying a clinical psychologist and tenured professor is a dumbass, yet claiming their Buffalo Bill-looking trans ass obviously knows it all.
>>
>>7673478
I've just got this crazy idea that when people aren't afraid to say what they think, and individuals stand up for what they believe when it comes to LGBT rights or in my case disabled rights, society works out its issues in a much healthier way than your big brother bullshit.

It's called liberalism, and it's great.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." ~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
>>
>>7673513
Appeal to authority.
>>
>>7673513
If that cishet dog shit were crowned God of all reality for all time by all other live and matter everywhere, so long as it kept acting like this sort of dog shit, I would point out that it deserves to be skinned alive.
>>
File: 1472990916597.jpg (125KB, 1023x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1472990916597.jpg
125KB, 1023x1365px
>>7673513

Not to mention he's specifically studied ideologues, so morons like that one maggot and disease kink faggot spreading his AIDS in this thread are extra triggered because they know he's onto them and sees right through their shit.
>>
File: 1485166805015.jpg (39KB, 722x582px) Image search: [Google]
1485166805015.jpg
39KB, 722x582px
>>7673520

Throwing out terms they just read on philosophy101.com. You're saying that as if a professional psychologist specifically invested in the subject of ideology, group-think and buzzwords has a worse understanding of the subject than a layman. It's like saying someone with cancer has a better understanding of the condition than an oncologist because the patient is the one who suffers from it while the doctor doesn't after all.
>>
>>7673557
No, I actually hate when Redditors bring up those fallacies, I just couldn't not. It's ridiculous to claim that he's necessarily right just because he's a tenured professor with a psychology degree.
>>
>>7673557
>>7673560
>>7673520
>>7673513
It's questionable if a clinical psychologist not specializing in gender issues remotely really knows more about trans issues than trans people themselves.

So I question the appeal to authority on that basis.

However Appeal to Authority is a valid argument if the appeal is legitimate. It can just get trumped by stronger arguments, and can be discredited by attacking the authority.
>>
>>7673572
Er, Appeal to Authority is a valid argument if the AUTHORITY is legitimate, fucked that up.
>>
>>7673520
To be fair, you don't have a logical reason why hes a dumbass, your just saying hes a dumbass

appeal to authority means you think someones right BECAUSE authority, not that maybe they MIGHT be right, being an authority

And like some faggot said before, its not an appeal to authority if the authority is relevant to the situation.
>>
>>7673572
Appeal to Authority is not valid ever. No ammount of experience or knowledge precludes a disease from lying, and all cishet diseases lie every second of every day.
>>
>>7673581
Thats not what some faggot said about SRS doctors

He was saying since they are in the field, they can never be wrong

Are you telling me a faggot was full of shit and / or lying?

Actually, them being full of shit makes sense, they are masters at packing fudge.
>>
File: 1485196680662.jpg (20KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
1485196680662.jpg
20KB, 368x475px
>>7673560

He may not necessarily be entirely correct, but people dismissing his opinions and statements while there's good reason to believe his arguments hold better ground due to his education and profession is silly. Then again, people who dismiss opinions purely on the basis that they don't already agree with their own are going to do so no matter how good, bad, valid or invalid the opposition's argument is.
>>
>>7673584
I don't a shit what you worthless cishet diseases say you infection.

>>7673594
He's saying he knows better than LGBT people whether or not it's good for them if they receive respect, he's just another worthless cishet lying disease, an identical one in a sea of billions of identical cishet lying diseases.
>>
File: tamborine.jpg (187KB, 1024x850px) Image search: [Google]
tamborine.jpg
187KB, 1024x850px
>>7673607
But, this wasn't what the disease said!

it was what the glorious LGBT people said!

If you turn your back on your fellow faggots, your no better!
>>
File: ADrK7qq.jpg (248KB, 889x667px) Image search: [Google]
ADrK7qq.jpg
248KB, 889x667px
>>7673572

True, but I am referring to the part of Peterson's argument (which is pretty much the crux of the whole thing) where he refuses to use nondescript pronouns like xe/xir because he knows how the shaming tactics and hivemind mentality of the groups pushing for changes like that are the starting point of totalitarianism, hence the reason for his pushback in the first place. I believe that due to his background we have good reason to believe he knows what he's talking about in that regard. His claims about using (special) pronouns like that being harmful in the long term to them, I have honestly no idea about that and I agree that in the case of points like that his background doesn't validate or disprove his claims either way.
>>
>>7673611
But that's the opposite of the truth you cishet disease. Sad!
>>
>>7673617
>The LGBT movment is literally Hitler!

Petershit's argument, if you distill his 1 billion word tl;dr into a sentence. It's pure cishet disease.
>>
>>7673018
>If you think he is a bigot you are really missing the core of his argument
The core of his 'argument' is that he doesn't want to ask people for their pronouns. Yes, he's covered it by saying that asking people how they prefer to be referred to is somehow equivalent to censorship and living under a tyranny. His stance cannot be taken seriously because he also refuses to use they/them as gender neutral pronouns, even though it has been allowed in the English language for many decades, if not centuries.

>having to ask a person for a made up pronoun removes the whole purpose of pronouns
Not at all. Pronouns are words used to replace nouns to avoid repetition. Yes, they are also shortcuts, but asking someone what pronouns they prefer doesn't remove their purpose at all.

>>7673018
>If you want to take it further he is rejecting the very post-modern idea that identity is something that you just make up on a whim and perform. If anything he sees your identity as something that is negotiated and not determined only by your preference.
Then he is a hypocrite who says to be fighting for freedom of speech... as long as he agrees with you. Basically that he should have a say on what your identity is or what you identify as.

Again, he's just a bigot who doesn't want things to change and does some fantastic mental gymnastics to justify what in the end are his own whims, while pretending he's saving the world.

>>7673027
>Free speech
only as long is the kind of free speech he approves of.
>>
>>7672837
>CTR
You have to go back :)
>>
>>7673027
Fighting against "government interference", when that interference is the only thing protecting the oppressed, means you are on the side of the oppressors.
>>
>>7673328
Misgendering a trans person is technically libelious
>>
>>7667664
Hahahahaha, getting this fucking butt hurt over a stranger calling your sir or miss!!!!!
>>
>>7673513
>t. hon

>>7673536
>Not to mention he's specifically studied ideologues
Funny, he apparently missed the part where they were supposed to teach him not to become one himself.

>>7673581
Obviously, if the authority is a living disease, they can't be said to be valid. So your issue never even comes up, it's already covered under requiring the authority to be valid.
>>
>>7676511
Um hi you need to stop disease shaming. Some of us are actually really offended by what you say.
>>
>>7668317
>>7667878
>>7667850
If you actually listened to him he said pronouns shouldn't be legislated as it's the slippery slope towards fascism. If he doesn't want to use them big deal, fuck off and cry about it in private.
>>
>>7667664
He is reasonable as fuck and the only reason to be mad at him is if you're an ideologue who is terrified of honest introspection.
>>
>>7676529
Slippery slope argument is a fallacy. He should know better.
>>
>>7676529
There is actual fascism happening in the United States right now, he is fearmongering about nothing.
>>
>>7676518
honey... find something more substantial by which to be offended. Or better yet, grow the fuck up and become a little bit stronger than a few 10pt words on your screen
>>
If you think being assessed by pronouns is a right you have serious moral problems
>>
>>7676416
>He also refuses to use they/them as gender neutral pronouns, even though it has been allowed in the English language for many decades, if not centuries.

Oh, I guess it's been "allowed", whatever that means, even if its been widely accepted and documented as ungrammatical in formal writing since the 19th century, therefore we should have the government force people to use the word "they" and bring them on trial on hate speech charges if they refuse. They are not allowed to use alternative pronouns even if they're inoffensive, they must use what they're requested to use.

It of course isn't even discussed WHY it's considered ungrammatical, which is because "they" is also used to refer to groups of people. It was argued that using "they" to refer to both singular people and groups of people made it less useful as a pronoun, as it made the pronoun less specific. Formal writing guides advise avoiding the use of singular they and using alternatives, in the interests of clarity.

There is nothing wrong with arguing in favor of changing these linguistic norms. Which is exactly why I'm against Bill C-16 just like Peterson, as it disables you from using singular they if you prefer to use that term to refer to transpeople. If somebody prefers to be referred to by the pronoun xir, referring to them by singular they is hate speech. Bill C-16 takes away YOUR CHOICE to use singular they if you prefer it. All control over what language is allowed, and not considered hate speech, is imbued in individuals. If you refer to somebody by Singular They, and that's not their preferred pronoun, that is HATE SPEECH under bill c-16.

When will people get it through their head that these provisions in the Ontarios Human Rights Act and Bill C-16 aren't pro-trans, but anti-speech? That they don't force people to use the language that transpeople as a whole prefer, but criminalise disagreements over language with individuals no matter how stupid these individuals are?
>>
>>7676489
Interference in free speech hurts the oppressed. The oppressed are currently able to speak freely in favor of LGBT causes in Russia right now, who claim they are protecting vulnerable children from dangerous ideologues. It's almost a mirror of the ideology used in this thread.

Free speech has forever been the ally of LGBT. Comedians, now facing trial for making jokes against LGBT people, for a long time helped humanize and made people familiar with LGBT people, and as a whole, was a positive force.

These restriction on free speech, and the already existing restrictions on free speech, are a direct threat to the oppressed by putting them on an untouchable pedastel which makes it hard for society to discuss them openly and honestly. That alienates the oppressed, and alienation, combined with bigotry towards those with controversial opinions, fosters resentment.

It wasn't until the SJW wing of the LGBT movement made free speech into its enemy I really saw anti-trans sentiment really spike up. If they get their way, the problem will only be made worse, as open and honest discussions and disagreements being resolved will not happen.

Restrictions on speech need to be as minimal as possible, even if that means sometimes having to deal with an emotionally draining argument with a bigot. Because ultimately, without that conflict on an individual level, society adjusts its attitudes very slowly.

Like >>7676489 says, "that interference is the only thing protecting the oppressed." These laws entrench an attitude that the LGBT are helpless broken people, who would shatter apart without society looking after them.

When society treats LGBT people as victims too soft to stand up for themselves, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, LGBT are made less able to stand up for themselves because society is doing it for them, people treat them as "others", and talk about them in whispers behind their back instead of to their face.
>>
>>7677849
Slippery slope is not inherently fallacious, and he cites examples of it in action. For instance, in Nazi Germany, they didn't just go up to people and say "Jews are terrible, go shoot them in the back of the head" and they complied. No, it was a slow process of gradually corrupting them until they got them to the point they were willing to do great evils. He brings up the book Ordinary Men by Christopher Browning.

In politics, it's certainly true that people are more likely to overlook something changing very slowly and gradually through many individual acts, rather than through one omnibus bill. It's hard to rally people consistently to oppose small gradual changes in the law. Radical changes in the law are relatively hard to pass.

This law is also unprecedented in that it's specifically protecting "Gender identity & Gender Expression" whereas previously people just protected concepts like "Religion" generally and not "Religious Identity & Religious Expression". If you accept that paradigm when it comes to accepting trans rights, how can you justify not giving every other group already protected by law the same expanded protections logically?

See this entire wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-in-the-door_technique

Also, Canada is really not at the point the slippery slope has just started, its been going on for a long time with increasingly stringent anti-speech laws.
>>
I really see those advocating for this censorship as people that see LGBT people as helpless victims, and wish for everybody to see things their way.

They want society to understand that's what LGBT people are. People unable to handle people using a pronoun which is inoffensive, but they do not personally like, if somebody used singular they when they didn't like that pronoun they would shatter like glass!

They want to keep LGBT people pussified forever, rather than trying to make them equals in society. They don't see LGBT people as being capable of being strong, they see them as inherently weak.
>>
>>7678275
The First Amendment to the United States Constitution does make reference to "free exercise of religion", which I interpret as covering "religious expression". So it's not really anything new - the right being protected is not just the right to BELIEF, but also the right to practice and expression. Obviously that does lead to things like "well what if human sacrifice is part of how I practice my religion", but it's my understanding that those sorts of things were already considered, and it's implied that reasonable secular laws cannot be overridden by religious belief, but otherwise religious expression is to be protected. I could understand the same concept being applied to gender. It's not that any ridiculous behavior could be justified and above criticism just by calling it "gender expression", the idea is that you can't unfairly target people based on their gender - you can't for example make a law that forbids men from wearing dresses for example.
>>
>The First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Lol if we were talking about the United States instead of Canada, this law would have been struck down already as unconstitutional.

Canadas free speech protections are much weaker.
>>
>>7678275
Yeah, Hitler gradually acted like a disease. So why should anyone allow this Petershit to gradually act like a disease?
>>
>>7676416
>only as long is the kind of free speech he approves of.
What sort of absurd mental gymnastics are you playing at here? The government is trying to enforce the exact thing you're accusing Peterson of (i.e. only government approved "free" speech).

Seriously, pull your head out of your ass. If you think calling someone a "he" instead of a "she" or vice versa in passing is equivalent of a hate crime then you need to get out of your echo chamber.
>>
>>7682632
It by itself is not a hate crime, and no law says "misgender someone? automatically go to jail". Intentionally and repeatedly misgendering someone is however potentially hate speech.
>>
He's one of the greatest men alive, honestly.
>>
>>7682632
>The government is trying to enforce the exact thing you're accusing Peterson of (i.e. only government approved "free" speech).
And that is exactly why he is being hypocritical. He's trying to do exactly what he is accusing the government of doing.
>>
>>7678070
You are confusing spoken english with written/academic english.

It's like double negatives. Yes, they are technically grammatically incorrect but that doesn't mean people will not say and understand phrases like "we don't need no education"

Also if you are against being punished for intentionally misgendering people, then you should also be against being punished for intentionally referring to black people as niggers, or anything of the sort.

But as you can see, society hasn't fallen appart because we have been told not to insult people
>>
>>7667664
Well for one thing he has an agressively boring taste in paintings.
>>
>>7672893
Abiram, you apologize to your boyfriend this instant!
>>
>>7673377
Actually, because of WBC, they made it illegal to intrude on military funerals.
>>
>>7673478
> disease
All in favor of calling this anon Diseaseposter, say 'I'
>>
>>7673517
That doesn't help those living in a society that actually does hate them. I understand your reasoning, but in a really fucked up society liberalism ends up basically saying "you deserve to be constantly insulted for being different".
>>
>>7688517
Did you spell conservativism wrong?
>>
>>7688554
I'm referring to liberalism in the sense >>7673517 uses, which seems to be closer to the classical or Marxist definitions of the term, rather than how it's used in America.
>>
>>7688804
My point is that I've never met a liberal irl who was in support of protecting Republicans or their speech. I've went so many years of my life without having met a single one of thse so-called "pro-Republican Democrats" that I doubt any of them on the internet are real.
>>
File: T_shirt_idea.jpg (59KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
T_shirt_idea.jpg
59KB, 1024x576px
>>7688969
That's me, OP. As of last year, around September. I begrudgingly became in favor of conservative views, and surrendered my Canadian liberal position.

To be honest, I was sick and tired of feeling vilified for being a white male. I grew up on welfare, and I worked shitty jobs to get through post grad. A had little in the way of familial support. Factors that influence minorities had hit me just as hard. I grew up in Hamilton, Ontario. If you were white and living in the city than odds were your parents were fucked up, but if you were lucky, they were still trying their best to give you a better life.

TL;DR Was Canadian liberal, but now conservative. I'll side with whoever advocates the strongest push for humanitarian rights WITHOUT making me feel like they are demonizing whites.
>>
>>7667664
Nothing. If your going to bitch about pronouns, Tumblr is the place for you retard.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.