[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Support Groups?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: b6d94d194bbd051387952bc6ef656117.png (836KB, 2200x3200px) Image search: [Google]
b6d94d194bbd051387952bc6ef656117.png
836KB, 2200x3200px
Any trans posters here that have had experience with trans (or even lgbt in general) support groups? What was it like?
>>
I had fun, met some cool ppl, got high with them.

Recommend; was in Phoenix az
>>
>>7665411
lbgt czech republic - they are shit and cant even get together. Main ideas are good, but they cut out people without proper reasons.
>>
>>7665411
A couple cool people who are lifelong friends. Mostly weirdos and Tumblr chubs.
>>
>>7665948
TSAZ or the old group?
>>
Not exactly a support group but my city's diy community has a trans solidarity event every year and it's pretty cool. Trans people have a chance to perform/display their art and allys do as well. I met one of my best friends there.
>>
>>7665948
>Phoenix az
I was thinking of moving there but a lot of my friends back home say not to move there. Is it ok for LGBT (specifically T) or is it as bad as my friends indicated?

Also, Id like to go to a support group but I never hear good things about them. Granted I only hear about them from 4chan.
>>
>>7667215
Decent experience as an FTM. Phoenix lacks quality therapists. Tucson is good, I hear.
>>
>>7665411
it's extremely cringey and awkward. dont go to one

also hons
>>
Is it bad to go to one when you're pre-everything and not presenting as the gender you're transitioning to?
>>
File: tumblr_n709wim3XA1sr7xmio1_500.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n709wim3XA1sr7xmio1_500.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>7665411
Support groups are frequented by people who need support: losers in other words.
You may find them helpful if you are new to the scene and don't know any trans/lgbt people.
But the people you will meet will be toxic, clingy, mentally unstable and manipulative.
Use them to learn about the community in your area but be wary of divulging too much information about yourself or letting them get too close to you as they will mostly try to eat you up and spit you out.

>>7667215
>>7668300

Phoenix is literally Los Angeles without the ocean and 115 degree weather instead.

Tucson averages about 10 degrees cooler year round than Phoenix.
There is a large student population but not much nightlife.
Large hispanic population if you like thick uncut dick.
There are a lot of medical providers in Tucson because muh retirement! but many are focused on respiratory illness (southern az has a reputation of being good for allergy sufferers in spite of the dust and cacti pollen, not to mention "valley fever" fungus - google it).
It is more liberal than Phoenix but is still quite conservative by California standards.
protip: you will get bored very quickly living there unless you love nature/desert/mexicans/hippies
>>
>>7670034
no it's fine
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.