[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Message to Non-Passing Trans People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: I.jpg (375KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
I.jpg
375KB, 2048x1024px
Hello, non-passing trans women and men.
Context for myself? I'm a trans woman and I pass about 50% of the time. When I wear a skirt or something feminine people usually ma'am me, but as soon as I throw on a pair of jeans people think I'm a 16 year old boy. So to those trans women who get sir'd all the time and to those trans men that everyone just thinks are butch lesbians, I won't pretend to understand your struggles. I am, you could say "privileged" in this sense.

Anyway, what I want to tell you is that I think you are all human beings. I say this because the society we have now, in my opinion, treats ugly people like they are not human beings. Well I just want to say that I will always respect you.

Trans women, I know some of you feel like freaks and monsters, but if you talk to me, I will never consider you a freak or a monster. I will never be frightened by you, even if you go all femme and wear the frilliest dress and cake on makeup. If I like what you're wearing, I'll tell you! You deserve love in your life.

Trans men, I will never consider you to not be a man just because you're short or look feminine. I will always gender you correctly and give you lots of respect. I think we focus on trans women a lot in terms of beauty standards, and to a certain extent that's justified, but I want you to also know that I hear your struggles with male standards of beauty and you deserve peace from them.

There are also lots of people who like androgynous people! The fact that you don't look like a typical woman or man is no problem for a lot of people! Example: 4 of my friends are bisexual women, 2 of them are bisexual men. They all love andorgyny. My ex girlfriend, before she dated me, dated a 6 foot tall trans woman with a big, chiseled jaw and broad shoulders and she loved her! Not in spite of these masculine features but BECAUSE of them. Isn't that amazing! Everyone has different standards of attractiveness.
Anyway I think I made my post too long.
>>
>>7653639
>pass 50% of the time

means only 50% of the people you meat are liberal enough to gender you "correctly" which is a low number nowadays

you must be a hon
>>
>>7653646(you)

>you meat

fuck this wasn't intentional but this works too
>>
My OP pic is of a non-passing trans woman. She looks very happy as you can see. In my opinion this isn't because she "loves herself" but because she has realized that there are people out there who love her just the way she is. That's what I'm trying to do for you with this post.

I hope it works<3
>>
>>7653646
Well, that may be true. But I'm not bothered by that really. I think there's nothing wrong with a woman "looking like a man".
>>
>>7653646
Tbqh i believe 50% of people on 4chan are ok to highly accepting.

T. I also pass 50%of the time, tfw hon
>>
File: Cantwakeup.gif (252KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cantwakeup.gif
252KB, 400x200px
>>7653659
Really? it looks like he's trying to say "Please kill me now"
>>
>>7653639
>Trans women, I know some of you feel like freaks and monsters, but if you talk to me, I will never consider you a freak or a monster.
tfw didn't transition
tfw no-one considers me a freak or a monster
tfw no-one considers me a woman either
it hurts
>>
>>7653639
>feels priviledged for passing "about 50% of the time"
>"I am 'priviledged'"
There are not priviledged transwomen imho. We're all doomed in a way. Even passing transwoman have a long story of being put down by society and the very early transitioners almost always get tons of media attention (not such a good thing when you're still growing up!).

Happiness in life more often than not is determined by three factors: your health, your family and your friends. If you are doing well in these categories, you are probably quite happy.
>>
sorry for stupid quest
but what does mean hon?
>>
File: 1483160698237.jpg (219KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1483160698237.jpg
219KB, 960x1280px
>>7653738
Hon means to be an un-passable Trans Woman.

Example: Bruce Jenner is a Hon.
>>
>>7653742
>Bruce Jenner
Why misgender/deadname trans people who aren't as lucky as you?
>>
>>7653798
Not that anon you're responding to.
But the answer to your question is: Susan's place.
>>
>>7653829
I don't like them either, but how can we ask for a respect we don't give?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>7653639
>>
>>7653798
Because that anon is an elitist prick who calls out everyone who doesn't meet their high standards.

Bruce Jenner may not look like a 5 star model but for the most part she does pass as an average or below average looking woman (depending on the picture taken). Passing as below average isn't too bad in my book as long as you put in the effort. I think the real "hons" are the ones that don't put in any effort such as >>7653639
>>
>>7653961
She only passes to people without tv, publications or Internet. Cause everyone knows and anyone that tells Bruce otherwise is a fucking liar!
>>
>>7653961
It's not about passing. It's jealously that some old male can start acting like a woman and gets called one, after they went through so much strife with their parents, fighting to get HRT, and all the effort into passing.

It's no different from cis women hating all trannies for being a threat to their privilege.
>>
File: perictione.jpg (28KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
perictione.jpg
28KB, 720x480px
>>7653659
how do you learn to love myself when i have crippling gender dysphoria
>>
>>7653646
this, I didn't read the rest of OP's post but he is an unpassing autist lmao
>>
File: it hurts to be a fox.png (29KB, 541x168px) Image search: [Google]
it hurts to be a fox.png
29KB, 541x168px
When will I pass, senpai?
>>
>>7653639
Thank you for this post OP! You are a good person, keep being awesome!
>>
I legitimately can't tell if this is a genuine, heartfelt message towards trans people, or a very well written troll.

If the former, I am confused as to why you're posting on 4chan of all places.

If the later, bravo.
>>
>>7654039
You don't that was kind of my point, I think that what a lot of you people really need is to know that someone out there cares about you, and that's what I was trying to do.

>>7655100
It is genuine. I'm posting it on 4chan because I know that 4chan is full of mentally ill people with self-esteem issues, and being trans just compounds on that, and I'm of course one of these people, and I had a moment of optimism that I wanted to share with all.
>>
>>7656965
I mean if I can't live / be seen as as the gender I see myself as I don't see how it's ever possible to be in a relationship that isn't extremely codependent. It feels literally impossible to imagine myself being truly happy for any extended period of time in this world if I don't someday at least pass 80-90% of the time.
>>
>>7657154
Passing 90% of the time is quite feasible, I'm not sure how anyone could deal with a 50/50 chance of being clocked, that sounds like a torturous life not worth living.
>>
>>7653659
thanks <3
>>
>>7657163
Yeah to be honest I spend too much time on this fucking board which messes with my self confidence a lot, but I honestly believe that in most cases as long as you don't start HRT in your mid-late 20s+, have decent genes, and put in lots of effort its possible to eventually live a somewhat comfortable life as your target gender which for me I feel would alleviate most of my dysphoria.

And I agree the idea of passing only 50% of the time after lets say 2-3 solid years of putting 100% of your effort into passing sounds like a life that isn't worth living. Maybe i'm just too vain and self centered which is probably true, considering the fact that there are lots of mtfs in this world that didn't transition in time to ever pass or were given complete shit genes by there parents and are still happier and more successful than i'll ever be even if lets say one day I do pass well. The truth still remains however that not being seen as the way you see yourself by everyone in your life excluding the few close friends / supportive family members (if you are even lucky enough to have any) sounds like a life that is incompatible with any form of sustained happiness to ME. Dysphoria sucks.
>>
>>7657223
Just please keep at it. You're right about this

>I honestly believe that in most cases as long as you don't start HRT in your mid-late 20s+, have decent genes, and put in lots of effort its possible to eventually live a somewhat comfortable life as your target gender

I'm very nearly there, I mean I pass pretty much 99% of the time now, I just need to fix up my appearance so I'm in a better place with myself... Eventually your problems will be your own personal ones, not with how the world perceives you. It's still shit, but it's a more manageable kind of shit. So please don't give up, there is a future for us. Someday.
>>
>>7657241
Thank you, I'm happy for you and I hope that one day with enough time and effort I'll be able to say the same about myself.
>>
File: someday.jpg (33KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
someday.jpg
33KB, 500x667px
>>7657257
Yeah. I can feel how close it is and it's not quite... exciting, because I've been at this so long, and I know not to feel excited for things that may take longer than I imagine. But it gives me a warm hopeful feeling, to know that day is coming soon.

You probably know what day I'm talking about. The day when you wake up in a warm bed, in your comfy pajamas, maybe next to the one you love. And the first thoughts that run through your head, will be completely mundane ones. Maybe you'll wonder about breakfast.

And I don't know how exactly you want to feel on that morning, but for me, I know that I won't feel anything between my legs. Or rather, there will be something, but it won't hurt as much.

Then you go to brush your teeth, and you look in the mirror and the swelling's going down, and you see that you're starting to be beautiful. And your partner tells you that you were always beautiful, and you laugh, because you're starting to think they might be right. Maybe they were always right about that.

And now you've picked up a new hobby, and it has nothing to do with what you thought about before. Maybe it's gardening, or biking, or painting, or cooking, or diving. It doesn't really matter. What matters is that you're happy and finally working on something you enjoy, instead of those things you desperately wish you didn't have to work on. But now those hard things are effortless, and the things you spend time doing are the things you really love.

And the best part is... That day doesn't have to be today. It doesn't have to be tomorrow. It doesn't have to be next month, or next year, or three years from now. It just has to be someday.
>>
>>7653639
>bisexual men
that means you don't pass, hun
>>
>>7653639
I appreciate the sentiment in this post, really I do. I just feel bad whenever I see these because I know shitlurker and people like him are going to swarm this thread with
>LOL Kill yourself and
>Hons, mental illness, etc.

Really though, thank you for your sentiments. You are a good person and Im sorry that people are going to proceed to hold this thread down and shit in its mouth.
>>
thank
>>
>>7653738
Back before all the newfags came in and ruined the meaning of the word:
Hon used to mean someone who not only doesn't pass at all, but has zero self awareness (thinks they pass flawlessly when they clearly look like a monster), and also acts like a caricature of women. For example, a 55 year old man who dresses like a slutty 18 year old with poor fashion sense. Hons also seem to focus heavily on SRS and put no effort into passing. For example, "there's a man with a beard wearing a dress in the women's bathroom" <- Hon.

Nowadays:
Hon means anyone who doesn't pass.
>>
File: joefaceinthecrowd.jpg (91KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
joefaceinthecrowd.jpg
91KB, 1100x619px
Thanks for the love! Being visibly trans is tough. Really though. But honestly, that's life. I can't escape my own androgyny, I can really only accept that it's part of me. Maybe I will pass 100% of the time someday. Maybe I won't. I can't care about something so trivial. I am making the best of it all and it helps to have the love and support of others. Dating may be hard as fuck but I've really grown as a person and I will be an amazing partner to someone someday.
>>
>>7653961
She doesn't look ugly, she looks like a man in a skirt with a lot of plastic surgery.

Also, her name is Caitlin, not Bruce
>>
>>7653659

Your OP picture is also of a fat person. Fat people often don't pass as having any gender, for most practical purposes. That person won't be the "6 foot tall trans [girlfriend] with a big, chiseled jaw and broad shoulders" for anybody until after learning how to eat well and losing that jaw-hiding flab.

It's distracting to post such a photo. People who care about passing should also care about not being so disgustingly chubby that they'll never be attractive to their target audience even if they pass perfectly. Which, incidentally, is much easier to achieve than passing is, in general.

> That's what I'm trying to do for you with this post.

That's cool, but another thing you're doing is endorsing nihilism, by participating in a forum that promotes it.
>>
>>7653798
nonpassing trannies are literally just men/agp fetishists
>>
Thank you OP. This was a very nice post.
>>
>>7658810
Honestly I don't think it was newfags but trolls who realized they could make people feel bad by associating ugliness with a bad personality.

Like most people assume that hons are what you described, but this causes them to ALSO think that if they don't pass, they will become this person. I think it has a lot to do with trans people's already present insecurities about their gender.
>>
>>7653639
>Not in spite of these masculine features but BECAUSE of them

Well it's nice to know that if I just really can't find anyone else, I can always settle for someone who's only attracted to me because I look like a man and they think of me as a man.
>>
>>7653639
>people think I'm a 56 year old boy
FTFY
>>
I just wish I could turn back the clock and not do this in the first place. I just wanted to be pretty. I wanted to FEEL pretty. I wanted to like girly shit with other girls and try on cute clothes and you know, the whole everything. But now it's become the central defining trait of my entire life and I'm so tired of it. And I can't back out of it because then people will just ridicule me even more.

Fuck this farce of a life.
>>
>>7653639
If you "pass" 50% of the time it means that half the people you meet are just polite enough to pretend you do.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.