[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Liberal Cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: EBLfLHy.jpg (130KB, 450x701px) Image search: [Google]
EBLfLHy.jpg
130KB, 450x701px
Hi lgbt I usually don't come here

Do any of you live in pretty far left cities like Seattle or San Francisco? Is it really as trans friendly as supposed or is it a meme? Is it only in university hugboxes?

I used to live in Los Angeles and nobody was okay with trannies there. Went from bad to worse.

If anyone lives in a really liberal city can you describe the quality of life in general? Doesn't matter what gender or orientation you are.
>>
File: california-map.jpg (546KB, 1497x1635px) Image search: [Google]
california-map.jpg
546KB, 1497x1635px
L.A. is So Ca, the more conservative side of CA

I don't recommend San Diego, the most right wing city in CA

Try Palm Springs, except they're not that leftist
>>
>>7648153
Yes, I wasn't planning on going back to Cali unless I found a super rich sugar daddy.

Seattle was my ideal destination.
>>
>>7648153
>Southern California
>Conservative
Are you high?
Northern California, past Mendocino is the most conservative part of California outside of a couple random ass hugboxes in the trees. The rest up here are hick dicks and pot growing assholes who hate niggers.

Central California would be your best bet. Go for Silicon Valley, Berkeley or San Francisco.
>>
>>7648205
I'll avoid California, I can't afford to live there anyway. How is Seattle?
>>
I live in Providence which is very liberal but I am not a tranny so I dunno.
I am a faggot but most people don't clock me as one. Nobody has ever given me any real shit about it and everyone respects it. Things are good. And plenty of cute young boys around too.
>>
I live in a super conservative county in CA (they voted Trump) and it's actually been really accepting here. Just don't be an asshole and make responsible decisions and you'll be fine anywhere
>>
>>7648332
Op here. I live in Texas and was planning on moving out. I thought southeners and conservatives were a bunch of violent rednecks but they're actually cool and judge you based on work ethic and personality instead of race and gender identity.

I started transitioning again lately and everyone is really cold and distant to me, especially at the pharmacy I get my hurr mones from. I used to work with these people and get my drugs from them all the time.

I'm not afraid of being lynched since I conceal carry but I really just want to be someplace where I'm not treated differently from anyone else.

Little stuff like that is really bothering me and I wanted to go someplace liberal.
>>
Bump before death.. anyone?
>>
>>7648130
>Do any of you live in pretty far left cities like Seattle or San Francisco?
I'm a trans girl living in Seattle.

>Is it really as trans friendly as supposed or is it a meme?
No, non-passing friends still get messed with and berated all the time. Like 1 in 4 people is going to be supportive of trans folk, though. Insurance companies can't exclude trans healthcare, so come and get some SRS I guess.

>If anyone lives in a really liberal city can you describe the quality of life in general?
Liberal cities tend to have a high quality of life because they are built on reasonable policies and growing industries. Wages tend to be high across the board. At a 15$ minimum wage, you can save for tranny surgeries pretty quick. If you can program a computer, tech companies are thirsting for new people and print money. Too bad I'm awful at computers.

Being poor doesn't suck here either, because there's tons of public transit, and it's safe compared to most American cities. I lived in a legit ghetto here for a bit and it could have been way worse.
>>
>>7650435
Okay, that helps a lot, thank you for the response.

Even off $15 an hour it's impossible to get by but the job I was after pays better than that.

I don't pass at all but I don't plan on dressing or presenting as female ever so I should be okay right?
>>
I live in Seattle and work one of those overly paid computer hacker jobs. Same with the bf.

I would suggest living just outside Seattle city limits though if you want to get a more affordable house and more affordable property tax.. If you're poor or stupid you will have to rent anyway I guess, but then why would you move here to spend a minimum of $1k/mo on rent lol.

Gay people have ascended to normal people status 100% everywhere I've been in WA. Trannies are still trannies, so don't be surprised when you have issues here, especially outside of King county.
>>
>>7648205
You can't fool me /pol/, no real leftist would use the N word! I believe you meant to say "The rest up here are cishit neonazis and cannabis growing horticulturalists who hate african americans, who are all true heroes that are stunning and brave for standing up for their rights to exist alongside the cishit neonazis that brought them over here in the first place!"
>>
>>7650915
I work mostly in the medical field but I could learn how to program before I go there. I don't think I'd have any luck with Microsoft or Google or Intel without a degree in CS and sucking dicks to get in though.

The $1000 a month rent doesn't sound so bad, it would be nice to get my own place for once. Rent is higher in Bellevue.
>>
>>7650927
$1000 will get you a 300 sqft box. Meanwhile my mortgage on a 2600sqft new house is $1650

Also Bellevue is white/asian utopia. I want my house there instead desu.
>>
>>7651056
I'm okay with 300 square feet boxes. I like small studios anyway.

I can't afford a house. I don't know anyone and don't have any friends and can't split a 2 bedroom.

I'm Asian but I really dislike other Asians.

I don't have much time at home these days, especially not to learn programming. I could probably try learning after I got there but I don't think there would be a time I could ever get hired by Microsoft or something.
>>
>>7651089
M$ starts interns at $64k / yr just saying

You need a CS degree to do it tho. Also working for any of the major corps usually sucks BIGLY
>>
>>7651109
I was going to attend UW in my free time so I guess my options for the future are open.
>>
>>7648130
NYC is surprisingly liberal. Dudes holding hands and shit. MTFs in Williamsburg.
>>
>>7650927
10% or so of Google's employees don't have degrees. Be a hotshot, make something people will talk about.
>>
Live in Silicon Valley. Non-passing MtF. No one gives a shit. I get weird looks every now and then but seriously no one gives a fuck. Cashier at the drug store even complimented my nails the other day while picking up an E refill.
>>
File: 1481252134748.png (960KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481252134748.png
960KB, 1366x768px
I'm a bi MtF in a relationship with a cis girl and I live in San Francisco. Liberal cities are just as judgmental as conservative cities and rural areas, just in a different way. People are okay with trannies here so long as you conform 100% to the MSNBC pre-approved tranny cutout. If you believe there are two genders and that you have a medical condition, expect to be judged and isolated from the people around you when this comes up. It will come up too, because if your social group or coworkers or whatever somehow figure out that you're trans, they will want to spout everything they learned in gender studies class at college (which they took because colleges here literally require a "social justice" credit for your lower division GE). It's mostly bullshit, but they feel good about themselves for saying it because it lets them prove to themselves how progressive and hip and accepting they are. If you mention that any of it is wrong or doesn't fit your lived experiences, you have internalized transphobia and they will treat you like you need their help. After this, heaven forbid that you are anything but a hardcore Bernie-boosting liberal (even if you're a centrist who has a mix of right- and left-wing views). They will drop you like dead weight and tell their friends you're toxic. That's what the white folks are like, with the exception of working class salt-of-the-Earth types who will not really care either way. Black folks here are overwhelmingly anti-LGBT, and the exceptions are either radical leftists or really chill. Latinos will generally be really chill unless they are hardcore Catholics or radical leftists. If they are leftists, they will do exactly what the white liberals mentioned above did. Asians on average (especially Koreans, Vietnamese, Thai, and Japanese) will be very accepting and very chill. The Chinese are less so, but the younger generations are pretty much cool with everything and not so invested in traditionalism.
>>
>>7651525
TL;DR If you wouldn't fit well with the crowd at a Bernie rally, expect to be judged in San Francisco. Most people will not give a shit, and the most chill people will be Asians and Latinos.
>>
Used to live in Portland, OR, and I miss it like all hell. Give me back my blend of hippies and hipsters. The worst thing I could complain about as a nonpassing FtM in NE Portland was how people were pretty much competing with eachother to prove how liberal and open minded they were, which I would take any day over the fag-hating, tranny-shooting rednecks where I live right now. A trans-masculine person was murdered in my area mid last year and It makes me so fucking paranoid and worried.

>>7651525
San Francisco sounds nice. (from someone who was a delegate for Bernie)
>>
>>7651620

I live in the Portland metro area, and it's very accepting, which I found shocking. I'm a femboy and I've gone outside in public many times wearing shorts, leggings, tights, and girly sweaters and have had no issues whatsoever. Like you said, some people are definitely over-accepting because they want to be seen as progressive, but I'll take that anyday over an environment where I can't be myself.
>>
I'm an MtF living in rural KY, but I'd love to live in or near one of the cities in the PNW.

Anyone else here live in a rural conservative place? I like the nature and the ability to own easily own guns, but I can't stand the social conservatism.
>>
>>7648130

I live in silly valley. Nobody cares. Are you good at your job? Can you make rent? That's all anyone gives a shit about.

Oh, and don't have voted republican. If you're a rightie, it's socially acceptable to be libertarian, though.
>>
>>7652184
OP here. I live in Fort Worth. Probably the only conservative city left in Texas. Really guns friendly. I thought about just moving 40 miles east to Dallas but Dallas is an uninhabitable shithole. Almost every episode of the show Cops is filmed in Dallas and its real.

I wonder how Florida is. New York City is an absolute no no.

Washington state is very pro funs, the laws are even better than Texas oddly enough. Not sure how the people feel about guns though especially in Seattle.

I see a lot of shootings happen in Seattle and Bellevue..
>>
>>7652426
I'm a mtf from Texas as well and have always dreamed of moving to NYC or somewhere nearby, what about NYC is a no no to you?
>>
>>7652470
No guns allowed
Hurricanes
Niggers
$4000 a month rent for 80sq infested with rats and roaches
Everyone I know from the city is a rude, belligerant cunt

I used to live in NJ/NYC and hate those wastelands
>>
>>7648130
>Do any of you live in pretty far left cities like Seattle or San Francisco?
Yes.

>Is it really as trans friendly as supposed or is it a meme?
Yes.

>Is it only in university hugboxes?
No.

>If anyone lives in a really liberal city can you describe the quality of life in general?
It literally is the promise land. LGBT events out the ying yang. You encounter LGBT people everywhere, all day, every day. Trans acceptance is widespread. It is so easy to meet people and date people.

I'm not trying to be condescending, but I do pitty LGBT people in the US who don't live in a big liberal city.
>>
>>7652513
This seems pretty conflicting with the other posts.. is it all personal perspective then?
>>
>>7652426
Used to live in austin and I really liked it, heard from some friends that the traffic is fucking garbage now, and he cost of living went through the roof because of all these companies moving to austin.
If you have a tech degree you could get a job at Dell and you could move to Round Rock, it's in the austin area and everyone there's middle class white liberal, also the food in the area is fucking good.
Lived there during middle school and I go back every year because I have tons of friends there I still talk to. P liberal too, most of them were bernie cucks but pro guns kek
>>
>>7652529
I really wanted to get out of Texas, get sonewhere else. I've been here 8 years and it got stale. Austin would have been ideal because it has one of the best pharmacy schools in the US and that was my career path but the cost of living and terrible attitude and hostility of Californians mass migrating to Austin turned me off to it.

I keep thinking about going to Seattle because I keep having existentiality crises and developed an obsession for hiking and camping and in Seattle I can go 3 hours in any direction and just get away for a weekend.

I'll also make $22+ an hour or more at my profession there while I'll still top out at 15 in Austin. While living costs are same in both cities.

I don't want a hugbox of people telling me I'm special and amazing for having a mental disorder especially since I don't pass at all. Everyone in Austin and Houston is a bunch of uptight jerks that hate everything and everyone that isn't part of their angry hivemind.

I'm hoping because of the mellow weather and weed and good qol people in Seattle are less of dicks in general
>>
File: 1407096205597.jpg (20KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1407096205597.jpg
20KB, 500x269px
>>7652521
>is it all personal perspective then?
Isn't everything in this thread?

I moved to San Francisco, CA from Austin, TX, and I grew up in Fort Worth, TX.

I'm sure things have changed in all places, but I didn't find Austin to be the liberal oasis I had hoped it to be when I fled Fort Worth for it back in like... 2009. In fact I even got beat up for being trans by a straight bouncer of a straight club in the heart of Austin's "gay" district. People were shocked and he started screaming to everyone that I'm not a woman, "He's a fucking dude!" Dozens of witnesses, and cops did nothing.

For me, it really was a night and day difference in cultures once I moved. Austin was incredibly heteronormative. Even if I had accepting and progressive friends, I still felt like the odd queer. People didn't understand, but instead felt patronizing. In SF, and the bay area in general for that matter (but especially SF), I have entire social networks of just LGBT people. It feels liberating to be with others who are on the same wave.

I don't know if I'll stay here forever. The jobs and the babes are both abundant, but owning a home is something of a pipedream at the moment (paying $1,700 a month to rent dumpy a ~400 sq/ft studio in a 90 year old building). Also the gun laws piss me the fuck off. I could see myself being happy in Seattle or NYC, but I don't think I'd move anywhere else in the US unless I was married first. Having said that, I think I could be happy moving back to Austin one day, but I wouldn't do it unless I was married and we both had good job offers there.

It's also worth noting that passing changes everything. Life got better for me in Austin once I started passing, but the culture was still so incredibly heteronormative.

>tl;dr YMMV
>>
>>7652744
I'm mostly a shutin and I will never pass so it sounds like nothing will change.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.