[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being MtF in Texas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 4L_1bk7ICx3.png (14KB, 388x379px) Image search: [Google]
4L_1bk7ICx3.png
14KB, 388x379px
I'm MtF, and I'm moving to Austin, Texas with my boyfriend in a week. How does Austin treat its LGBT people, will I be ok if I'm not obnoxious about it? (I'm generally pretty shy). Am I going to need to stay indoors a lot, avoid public bathrooms, etc?
>>
ABORT ABORT ABORT
>>
>>7640813
Am I gonna die?
>>
>>7640799
You'll be just fine in Austin since its the LGBT city of Texas. I hope you have a lot of money because its expensive as fuck to live there and I hope you love traffic because you're going to be sitting in it a lot.
>>
File: 4L_ErAUvST7.jpg (98KB, 451x558px) Image search: [Google]
4L_ErAUvST7.jpg
98KB, 451x558px
>>7640856
Ahh traffic sucks! But I'm going to be on a bus line so I should be okay riding the metro.
Any legbutts want to be my friend? I am into spray paint art, western esotericism, and dank hacks.

[email protected] my dudes
>>
>>7640799
If you're transgender and living/moving to Texas, I hope you never, ever need to use the restroom. The Texas Legislature will soon pull a McCrory and pass it's own version of a bathroom bill. So unless you're comfortable with using the men's restroom if your birth certificate still says male, I'd say you're stuck in a shitty situation (no pun intended). Just being honest here mate.
>>
>>7641027

I’m not sure that would overwrite local laws to the contrary, and Austin really is liberal enough that they would pass such contrary legislation. Those hipsters seethe in their resentment for the regressiveness of the rest of Texas.
>>
I'm in San Antonio, closet mtf, people here aren't too accepting from what I can tell.
>>
>>7641027
Why do we even have gendered restrooms anymore?
>>
one is selected per week randomly from the local informed consent registry and lashed to a stake in the centre of town where they are burned to death

this is the fate of transwomen in austin, go at your peril
>>
>>7641319
Because the Republicans are afraid that if we allow gender-neutral bathrooms, then god will be angry and send divine punishment to all because people decided to grant equality and dignity to transgender people. This is the same strawman argument Republicans used to attack against gay marriage.

Also I almost forgot to mention that legalizing LGBT rights will prevent the second coming of jesus christ.
>>
>>7641359
Eh, worth it to have the Dems out of power.
>>
>>7640799
MtF living in Texas my whole life.

Very slim pickings here, but Austin is like Tumblr Capital of Texas. Expect to be embraced and coddled.
>>
>>7641319
Austin is pretty LGBT friendly, I've been to a few restaurants with gender neutral bathrooms
>>
>>7641987
Gender neutral bathrooms aren't just LGBT friendly.

They are a way of avoiding sexist building requirements, like some states which demand twice as many stalls for women as men.
>>
File: p1020513.jpg (121KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
p1020513.jpg
121KB, 640x480px
MtF from Austin here, its p lit considering you are in Texas, though it hardly ever feels like it. The best way I can describe Austin is like a slightly less hip version of California if that makes sense.

(pic also related, my favorite place to get coffee before it closed down.)
>>
>>7641024
You might want to check out the Graffiti Park in Austin, then.

I'm FtM in Houston and it's not that bad, you just have to know when to hold your tongue.
>>
>>7641027
I was poring over the bill too, but with the way it's worded, gender on the birth certificate is different some other states where the bathroom law states gender on the birth certificate *at birth*. I've got all my documents changed, so I should be exempt from the Texas law if it passes.
>>
>>7641995
Women can't pee on urinals. How is that sexist? It speeds up any lines.
>>
>>7641367
Not if the alternative is no better, and actually objectively worse.
>>
I'm MtF and moving to Houston to be with the man I will be married to soon. I hope us both well.
>>
>>7644642
ayy we live close
>>
>>7645436
from which state you coming?
>>
File: 312692841.jpg (45KB, 650x475px) Image search: [Google]
312692841.jpg
45KB, 650x475px
Yes, Austin is liberal as fuck, probably more liberal than many northern cities.

Speaking as somebody from elsewhere in the south (not Texas) who currently resides in Austin.

The LGBT acceptance is good, the hippy turbo liberal "dude weed lmaO but ban guns tho" sentiments are less pleasant
>>
>>7645933
I'm coming from Oregon. I'm from Eugene!
>>
The only people that like Austin are college kids and rich people. The most overhyped city ever.
>>
>>7646044
I'm sorry.
>>
>>7645415
>It speeds up any lines.
Not as much as Having a single gender neutral restroom.
>>
Houston here. Mtf. The cities are fine. There might be a bathroom law so that sucks.
>>
Brownsville here. any other fellow mtf?
>>
>>7641027
Just use the women's bathroom. No one cares desu.
>>
>>7641359
Why would it prevent the second coming of Jesus Christ? I thought he comes and goes to relieve us from our sins if we are all good Christians he has no reason to return.
>>
>>7641319
Fuck that, I am 100% against this. Have you seen the lines for women's bathrooms? And that's not even the worse part, these nasty bitches don't take shits like a civilized human being. They stand on the toilet seat and just let it spray. I don't want them using the same bathrooms as us.
>>
>>7650436
what.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.