[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gay Christian Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 18

File: god loves you.jpg (42KB, 392x292px) Image search: [Google]
god loves you.jpg
42KB, 392x292px
It's Sunday!

Who just back from church here?
>>
I genuinely enjoy going to church. Usually it's only when I'm back home and my grandma is going. I find it hilarious that a gay atheist is in the crowd
>>
File: 1449134046595.png (442KB, 1200x565px) Image search: [Google]
1449134046595.png
442KB, 1200x565px
How about no?
>>
>>7622404
>404
>salvation not found
>>
>>7622404
What do you find fulfilling about atheism, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>7622440
>>7622440
>>7622440
This.

Is it thinking your an insignificant speck?

Is it thinking once your dead, your body will rot and you will fade from history, and you will never exist again?

Is it the idea that evil runs the world because theres nothing good to prevent it?

....I honestly used to be an athiest, but I was pompous and all "PPFFT, well OF COURSE christianity is wrong, who would believe in a person in the SKY?"

But I was never willing to sit down and honestly listen to a christian

I find most atheists aren't humble.
>>
I went to church. A nice older lady gave me a birthday card because my birthday is coming up. I get it if you don't believe in God, but Christians are some of the nicest most caring people in the world.
>>
>>7622523
Thank you...

yeah, I mean granted...I disagree with gays, trans, ect, but a lot of gay / trans people just immediately think if they disagree, they are out to kill you. Not so, I've bought transgenders groceries with my own money, and STILL told them they aren't a man / woman.

Is that hateful?

I don't think so...

Hate would be spitting on the ground and telling them to kill themselves.
>>
>>7622388
>>7622404
>>7622411
>>7622523

A gay christian is like a russian muslim
>>
>>7622557
I kinda agree, no gay can really be a christian, as they reject one of the bigger sins in the bible.

Sodom an gomorah weren't wiped out because they ate fish, worked on sunday, or took the lords name in vain, they were wiped out because sexual immorality

Many people say that people don't follow other laws, and they don't but its like comparing armed robbery to littering. One is clearly much worse.
>>
>>7622404
By the way, you do realize being gay is a choice right? You can encourage, or discourage thoughts, nobody forces you to be openly gay, or do abominable acts with men.

Control yourself in the world, don't let the world have control in yourself.
>>
>>7622585
The people of Sodom were rapists and horrible in general. That's why they were wiped out, not because of homosexuality.
>>
>>7622612
Homosexual = Rapists
>>
>>7622555
Why would you need to tell them that, though?
>>
>>7622585
You're obviously trolling, but the Bible says that anyone who is guilty of any sin against the law is guilty of the whole thing.Jesus fulfilled the law and it holss no power over us today.
Is homosexuality in line with God's design for marriage? Probably not. But neither is polygamy, and David, a man after God's own heart and maybe the most important figure in the old testament, had at least 10 wives. Sexual immorality does not automatically condemn you to Hell.
>>
>>7622629
There is a SHOCKING amount of that, yes.... I won't say its all, but I notice willingness to coerce, force, or otherwise manipulate a desired partner is far more likely

But this is not helped by society saying being promiscuous is ok because it feels good.

Only difference is nature keeps straight somewhat away from that, as pregnancy is a huge factor

Gays of course accept the health, and psychological risks, and end up having problems because of it.

Truly, recognizing, and seeing the painful truths is what sets us free, and lying to ourselves for comfort is what ensnares us.

>>7622612
I might be thinking of another town, but I think on of them was wiped out because they said they were going to rape angels which came to visit. Angels were in the form of men.
>>
>>7622598
As a mid transistion MtF, I will put my chips in this corner. ANYTHING is a choice, just look at those assholes who flaunt their "76" genders around people with gender identity issues
>>
>>7622629
But homosexuals aren't straight.
>>
>>7622670
This is far more complex than you are diving into

Guilty of "sin" is 2 part : One, the sin of which you will be sent to hell, which yes, is indeed, ALL

HOWEVER, jesus died on the cross to save humans from such a fate, so any whom accepts jesus as his savior might be redeemed FROM this

However, this is not a 100% pass, its akin to having a friend in the police force, which can give you leeway.

He can get you out of tickets, small infractions, but larger ones you will still have to atone for, via god, and others

So just because you accept jesus doesn't mean you will reach heaven.

Reaching out to jesus is like speaking to a lawyer...your actions still count, but he helps.

>polygamy is against gods will
citation?

Often in societies, women are more plentiful than men, so I think it CAN potentially work.

The biggest issue is what will be the possible effects of your choices

Polygamy potentially saves women from dying alone, so is actually potentially very good

Going around and fornicating people and leaving them, leaves a trail of broken hearts, and damages people emotionally.

You must ask yourself what fruit does it bare, doing something?

Know a tree by its fruit, brother.
>>
>post thread
>go take a shower
>check thread
>it's already beyond saving

Can we not just have nice discussions about our lives and faith like we did before? Just once? ;_;
>>
File: Hau says no.jpg (7KB, 227x219px) Image search: [Google]
Hau says no.jpg
7KB, 227x219px
>>7622738
>Can we not just have nice discussions about our lives and faith like we did before? Just once?
>>
>>7622738

This is 4Chan, the land of "I'm smarter then you while i tip my Fedora"

I tend not to bring up conversations like this on the internet, people can be rude.
>>
>>7622684
Your actually pretty wise, considering your circumstances, and I can commend this.

It is hard making choices, some choices hurt, and some choices are ones which feel bad even, but if we focus on the fruit it bares, we can build the future

The one who prospers is not the one whom relaxes and sunbathes in summer, but works hard, sows crops, and prepares for winter

Always keep in mind what the possible results of your actions are, working for the results of tomorrow leads to more happiness than the comfort of "now".
>>
>>7622738
>>7622749
>>7622769
So just because christians are politely disagreeing with your life choices, its beyond saving?

This is why people hate... Because they feel as if the choices are

A: Accept you 100%
B: Become an enemy for criticizing

Really, you should be able to hear criticism without being like that.
>>
>>7622733
So God's grace isn't sufficient enough to cover big sins? Only the sin equivalent of speeding tickets? I don't believe you can limit it that way.
we are saved by grace through faith. If you truly have those two things then your sins are attoned for, whatever they may be.

> citation?
A godly marriage is based off of the relationship between Christ and the church. There is only one Christ and one church, only one husband and one wife.
>>
>>7622801
Not them, but I'll never hear the words of Christian dog shit, criticism or otherwise. Your breath stinks of dog shit anytime you open it, regardless of which words you use.
>>
>>7622829
Grace does not mean accepting with impunity, grace means forgiveness, patience, understanding.

Grace does not mean you have no expectations at all, it means you are given patience for errors and mistakes which are small, and not severe.

Unconditional love may exist, but unconditional FORGIVENESS does not.

The big reason why it works, atoning,. is 1 : Being AWARE of your sins, and being willing to speak with jesus, and god about it

2: Being aware of your sins, the effects, and trying to improve in your life

If you do not do both, it will not work. Even though you will always fall a little short, the effort is very important.

>relationship between christ and the church

I've never seen anything which said a man couldn't marry multiple wives.

Again, you want to show me a bible verse? my bible is right next to me, king james edition

Tell me the verse.
>>
>>7622834
>Christians politely disagreeing, wishing for polite discussion
>hateful
>Insults, swearing, hostility
>loving

You have things backwards, brother.

You reap what you sow, and you are sowing hate. Do not be suprised if you get hate back, as this is what you are promoting, and planting

I do not agree, but such actions are what make brothers who fall from grace do violent acts against you.

If you wish peace on yourself, and others, I would not project un-needed hostility.

God and christians may be slow to anger, but sodom and gommorah were wiped off the earth.
>>
>>7622888
I not interested in your pedophile lies you dog shit.
>>
>gay Christcucks

One of the most abhorrent things imaginable. Not only do you have to be pathetic as fuck to embrace a religion that denounces you as detestable and that has historically marginalized you (and continues to do so), but also an idiot to believe in the religion itself.
>>
>>7622865
The Bible doesn't expressly forbid polygamy, but if you're reading it and trying to follow God's will it is pretty clear that the plan is for one husband and one wife. The TWO will leave their father and mother and become one flesh. Polygamy is expressly forbidden for church elders in 1 Timothy chapter 3, indicating that God clearly doesn't approve of it.
>>
>>7622894
I'm sorry you have such hostility, and I am sorry you have such pain inside. Even with your sins against him, god still cares for you, and will do what he can to help you

but know what while god loves you, and wishes you well, the devil hates you and wishes you to suffer. The devil is the father of all lies, master trap maker, deceiver, trickster, and craftsman of falsehoods.

The devil hates, above all things, true, careful, calm criticism of the world, examining all with unbiased, reasoning, emotionless thinking. As such thinking exposes the lies which RELY upon emotions, directing people impulsively, oversimplifying things, and making people refuse to learn or ask questions.

The truth exists, and any people whom ask themselves, and investigate will find the same answers, if they refuse to let pride get in the way, and are honest with themselves of what they perceive.

I will pray for you anon, and I hope you may find peace, and your heart will come to god.
>>
>>7622956
I would say the inverse, the man is the leader of the house, and the woman is the follower, like Christians to god and christ.

Christ has many followers, but there is only 1 christ.
>>
>>7622964
There is only one church. The church is the bride of Christ, not each individual follower is a bride of Christ.
>>
>>7622970
>only one church
>evangelacal
>pentacostal
>baptist
>catholic
>protestant
>new era

There is far more than 1 church, and each of us, if we allow god into our hearts, are indeed a church ourselves.

Our body is a temple, and god will visit and be with us if we make our body and mind open for him.

This involve keeping an open heart, considering god, and being free from chemical use

God being with you you can feel : A sort of latent, reason-less joy, no real cause you can perceive physically, and persisting even in joyless situations.

He can also provide, energy, calm, strength, and other blessings upon you, but only if you allow him.
>>
>>7622801
If there is one thing that sets you apart from the others it's your hypocrisy.

Treating us like worthless scum for decades, and once we calls you out on your vile behavior you're all offended, paint us as the aggressor and shove in some other vicious anti-lgbt legislation out of spite.

This is why I don't feel anything anymore when I hear christians worldwide are being oppressed.
besides, that feeling is mutual anyway.
>>
>>7622957
I'm still not interested in your pedophile lies you dog shit.
>>
File: 1481881034800.jpg (100KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
1481881034800.jpg
100KB, 640x608px
christcucks are so retarded it's priceless, and now they're faggots
>>
>>7623013
>treating you like scum for decades
I don''t recall christians in even recent memory who went around killing people

>legislation
It is less to hurt you, and more to protect others

the bathroom bill is to protect young women, because as laws were written, any man could STATE they are a woman, and go into a womans bathroom.

The laws were to PROTECT others, and if it inconveniences you, thats a worthy sacrifice.

By saying you think its wrong, you think its ok for any and all straight perverted men to be allowed into womens restrooms

>>7623013
Please tell me of any gay people who have been threatened with arson, been sued, or other issues

I've heard many Christians threatened with rape, or murder because they say homosexuality is a sin.

Do you think disagreement is worse than violence brother?
>>
>>7623037
>>7623039

being in a state of maniacal cynicism is not a sane state to be in.

You express disdain towards my faith, but little to no argument, but rather insults, after insults

You will never get the results of people taking you serious doing as such, and it only serves to make you look to fit the stereotype of being illogical.

On the plus side, my teens group whom is watching this going down is taking notes : you yourself, your actions right now, are SHAPING the young Christians of this next generation.

If you truly, TRULY wish to shape people, do so right now

by the way, one has a question for you people : Do you not try resisting such thoughts, and refusing such actions?
>>
>>7623006
There is only one church. In Ephesians chapter 4 Paul refers to it as one body. Denominations are not biblical, and which ones are and aren't part of Christ's church is up for debate.
>>
>>7623111
Don't you get it you worthless dog shit? Tl;dr you pedophile.
>>
>>7623116

"one body" means the entire church (a group of people) ACT as one, as one body, to do an objective

it is akin to your hands, feet, mouth, eyes, all working together for your body, not the hands interest, or the mouth, but all together

This does not mean there cannot be many churches, or else you would be suggesting those who have not visited the church of paul have never been to church

Nay, church has several meanings, the physical building, and the spirit itself, which can span across many people simultaneously.

One can not attend a physical building of a church, but still be at church in the spirit, if they allow it.

It is difficult because describing how the spirit works, to those who do not know, is a thing limited by communication.

Its like describing color to a blind man. They must see for themselves, to entirely grasp it.
>>
>>7623064
>I don''t recall christians in even recent memory who went around killing people
>Please tell me of any gay people who have been threatened with arson, been sued, or other issues
Mate I have 2000 years of history and counting to back up my claim.

What do you have?
Aside from a selective memory, massive downplaying and "no true scotsman" fallacies, along with complete denial?

That this fact is still up for debate.
>>
>>7623111
>You express disdain towards my faith, but little to no argument, but rather insults, after insults

There have been plenty of successful criticisms of Christianity and the Bible. Just to name a few, we know the OT is not even historically reliable, and does not document an accurate account of happenings in the area or time period; we know that the Gospels were not actually written by the actual disciples, but rather by men who falsely claimed to be these disciples who lived decades - if not centuries - after the events they purported to have witnessed. You're just in a faith where ignoring such things is considered a virtue, and where using political power to destroy such criticisms is considered a-okay

>and it only serves to make you look to fit the stereotype of being illogical.

Where do you get off on calling others illogical, Christcuck? You're the one that believes in illogical shit like virgin births and magic god-men that sacrifice themselves to themselves to save the world from themselves.

Get fucked.
>>
>>7623154
I agree with you. The point is that different denominations aren't different churches. sure there are many church buildings, but there is ONE church, Christ's church. He has only ONE bride, just as a man should have only one wife.
>>
>>7623150
I do get it, yes... You are upset, insecure, and hurt, and those which criticise you, you are in pain to hear it, not because they hurt you, but because the criticism forces you to face that which you do not wish to face

You have spiritual and emotional wounds, and you are afraid to touch them.

Your wounds are festering, hurting, and to heal them it will hurt more...you fear the pain, it is understandable, and I do not hate you for doing so

But you must understand that running away from pain is letting it control you.

You must choose if you wish to control your life, or if you wish for your flawed, human emotions to control it.

I encourage you to attend a church. Go in humble, go in passively, and I assure you any church worth its salt will welcome you with open arms, even if you have no money to give

You need love. Not "lust" not "attention" not "compliments". Love. Someone to care for you beyond the moment, and what they want from you.

This love can be found at church, but you must seek it.
>>
>>7622888
Baised anon

>>7623111
I know you mean well, but you're probably better off not responding. It's just a troll trying to upset you.

>>7623150
It's okay anon. We forgive you.
>>
>>7623204
>no true scotsman" fallacies,
Yeah, no true Scotsman doesn't really apply here. If someone kills thousands of people in the name of pacifism are they really a pacifist? Clearly not. Just because you use christianity to justify your actions, doesn't make you a Christian.
>>
>religionfags

You're all cancer.
>>
>>7623237
Dog shit can't forgive a human being.
>>
>>7623246
>Just because you use christianity to justify your actions, doesn't make you a Christian.
It does if your actions are in line with and based on what Christianity teaches.
>>
>>7623204
>What do you have?
2000 years of history of Saints and martyrs giving up their lives to help and to heal.
Bad people doing bad things with a powerful idea is human nature.

>>7623205
With the exception of a handful of Biblical Literalists, no one claims that the entirety of the bible is 100% factual. It was made by men and men are fallible.

That doesn't mean it's not divinely inspired and God can't work with imperfect tools.

>illogical
It certainly feels that way if you've never had a religious experience.
>>
>>7623204
I said recent, however.

christians face more legal, economic, and violent reactions from LGBT than LGBT has from christians

You can point and gawk at history from thousands of years ago if you wish but that is then. This is now.

>>7623205
People have found egyptian weapons, chariats, bones, swords, spears, in the sea where moses crossed.

I'm inclined to believe its true, and woud love to hear your evidence as to why its inaccurate.

>Illogical
Well the fact you, and others resort to insults, name calling, telling me to get fucked, calling me a pedophile, ect

meanwhile I'm being very civil

It honestly can even convert those on the fence towards my side : Be honest, if you see 2 people, 1 calm, the other in a rage, which will you trust more?

I'm warry about trusting overly emotional people.

>>7623209
Interesting point, though again, I've seen no points against it in the bible

And honestly, I figure the dynamics of men and women allow it with some harmony, assuming the man has the fortitude for it

TO BE CLEAR, I would be happy with just 1 wife, but I'm not entirely against others, if the man is a good man..

However, if you can find a verse saying it is immoral, I would appreciate it, and you would have my blessing.
>>
>>7623263
>You're all cancer.
Pretty sure I'm no more then 5% cancer, by volume.

>>7623283
Through christ anything is possible.
Even dog shit giving and receiving forgiveness.
>>
>>7623314
I'm not dog shit, so don't even imply that you child raping dog shit eating retard.
>>
Why do you believe in Jesus and the god of Abraham but dismiss Hercules,Zuo Ci, Zoroaster and other such entities?
>>
>>7623339
I wouldn't dream of implying you are.
Feel free to vent while you're here though.
It can be pretty cathartic.

If you feel like sharing anything else we're here to listen.
>>
>>7623343
Can't speak for everyone, but I've never felt the Hand of God when tying to pray to Hercules, Zuo Ci, Zoroaster etc.
>>
>>7623293
>only the parts that are inconvient to me are metaphorical

Slippery slope: on what basis do you then claim that Jesus' miracles were literal and not metaphorical?

>>7623296
>People have found egyptian weapons, chariats, bones, swords, spears, in the sea where moses crossed.

No they haven't, lying faggot. The scholarly consensus is that the Exodus is an invented tradition, and that the Hebrews developed in Canaan peacefully (i.e. they were never slaves in Egypt as a people, nor did they wander in the desert).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity

>The archaeological data do not accord with what could be expected from the Bible's exodus story: there is no evidence that the Israelites ever lived in Ancient Egypt, the Sinai Peninsula shows almost no sign of any occupation at all for the entire 2nd millennium BCE, and even Kadesh-Barnea, where the Israelites are said to have spent 38 years, was uninhabited prior to the establishment of the Israelite monarchy.

Redmount, Carol A. (2001). "Bitter Lives: Israel In And Out of Egypt". In Coogan, Michael D. The Oxford History of the Biblical World.

>The mention of the dromedary in Exodus 9:3 also suggests a later date of composition – the widespread domestication of the camel as a herd animal is thought not to have taken place before the late 2nd millennium, after the Israelites had already emerged in Canaan, and they did not become widespread in Egypt until c.200–100 BCE
>>
>>7623237
>biased
Care to elaborate?

>troll
I know, but I feel I am obligated to at least give people a chance

>>7623246
Pacifism is not simply refusing to defend yourself and others, it is restraint.

I myself carry every day, know how to fight, wrestle, ect,but I prefer de-escalating with words as much as possible and keeping things calm.

This said, if these fail, I will put my body to use to protect myself and others, even if this means bloodshed.

Gays have killed people and hurt people as well, but you must not ask "have they killed" because every group has, but you must ask WHY.

Killing because you dislike someone, or disagree with someone is wrong

Killing because they are actively hurting you, or the world is justifiable.

>>7623263
I'm actually pisces =) but I have cancer as a rising sign.

>>7623293
I'm not sure I agree on the bible being made by men, but translations do make it difficult.

Curious, what bible do you read? King james here =)

>>7623343
Good question!!!

Frankly, I compare christ, and other religions (namely islam) and consider what the effects are

For instance, war, death, killing, are pretty damaging to society, and islam promotes killing of sinners.

However, killing of sinners often does damage which EXCEED the sin, which is akin to fixing a broken toe by amputating a foot

In all I've seen, Christianity makes the most sense, but I admit I have not read up every deity.
>>
>>7623292
Christianity teaches pacifism though. Jesus never raised a hand against anyone.
>>
>>7623296
>I said recent, however.
More than enough cases on US soil where Christians treated lgbt people like shit.
If that does not satisfy your thirst, there's the vast majority of christian Africa and Eastern Europe.

>christians face more legal, economic, and violent reactions from LGBT than LGBT has from christians
Oh please where, in your dreams?
Because in reality you're still the spiteful hateful and powerful majority and we're still stuck at a mere 3% of the population, having to rely on others.

>You can point and gawk at history from thousands of years ago if you wish but that is then. This is now.
And the now is a product of then.
You were hateful back then and you are hateful now.
If I were to extrapolate on the information I have you can succesfully try to be a polite christian in the year 3017.
>>
>>7623382
>Slippery slope:
Isn't that line usually refereed to as the "Slippery Slope Fallacy"?

I have head a pretty interesting interpretation of the loaves and fishes story as a mundane phenomena. Ie. instead of miraculously crating more fish and bread, the act of a few people's generosity inspired the entire crowd to share instead of keeping their food for themselves.
>>
>>7623364
Tl;dr you child raping dog shit eating retard.
>>
>>7623421
>Isn't that line usually refereed to as the "Slippery Slope Fallacy"?

Oh wow, aren't you a smart one? You want a pat on the back, Christcuck?
>>
>>7623375
Others have. I was raised Christian and never felt divine contact. I had a crisis of faith as a teenager and studied for a little over 2 years deeply and then broke out of religion entirely.

Keep in mind that how you probably see wicans ,other religious people and atheists see you like that.
>>
>>7623400
>Care to elaborate?
It's a internet term of praise.
Couldn't say where it originated.

>>7623400
>King james here =)
NIV

>>7623411
A powerful majority maybe, but secularism is growing pretty rapidly in the instant gratification culture of the west.

Spiteful and hateful is a bit far though. There are some denominations that are still pretty intolerant, but you don't have to look very far to see the opposite. The Pope is a pretty powerful figure and a proponent of lgbt rights.
>>
Hey Christian dude, I'm intersex and "gay" for my assigned gender (female). I'm pretty masculine and typically am the "man" in the relationship. I justify it to my Christian mom as I'm intersex and God just didn't make me the same as other people. What do you think?
>>
>>7623409
>Christianity teaches pacifism though.
Looking at human history shows something different.

So it either does not,
or the vast majority of christians are not christian, in which case this entire thread is "christians" using a religion they do not follow to shield themselves from criticism.
>>
>>7623375
This too, the feeling of joy, calm, peace, I've never felt praying to others

I once prayed to Allah and was actually accosted by demons, and my mind and spirit were attacked

So yeah....islam is not for me

>>7623382
So are you saying ALL of the bible must be literal or metaphorical?

Do you think people actually bear physical fruit from their bodies?

>scholarly consensus
>Appeal to authority

>>7623409
To be fair, he whipped people who were desecrating his temple, but never killed them. And he only did it ONCE, and VERY early on.

>>7623435
Our perceptions can be fogged in the past, and also, some people excuse feelings of god as "just random" or whatever. He doesn't come before you physically, but the calm and joy are indeed there

But anti Christians often say this is just a placebo...but again..this DID NOT work with praying to Allah. In-fact doing so caused great distress.
>>
>>7622598
>"Make yourself miserable because my god says so!"
>>
>>7622440
>>7622496
Not him, but some people just don't feel the need to have a god in their lives. In addition, some people are atheist/agnostic not because they object to believing in a god, but because the object to organized religion.
>>
>>7623469
He used the whip to drive out sheep and cattle. It doesn't say he whipped the people.
>>
>>7623432
I'll endeavor to post shorter responses.
>>7623434
No. I'm just pointing out that your argument might be starting from an distinctly ingenuine.place.
>>7623435
>>7623435
>I was raised Christian and never felt divine contact.
I didn't for a long time either. For years I thought Church was just a place you went on Sundays.

I hope that changes for you.

>Keep in mind that how you probably see wicans ,other religious people and atheists see you like that.
Definitely.
That's why there's a strong imperative to live as an exemplar of your faith.
>>
File: we the kikes.jpg (59KB, 730x545px) Image search: [Google]
we the kikes.jpg
59KB, 730x545px
You do realize there is no evidence to point to Christianity being the 'right' religion, right?

While there probably existed a historical Yeshua in Judea in the first Century, it is likely his teachings were appropriated and then bastardized into Pauline Christianity, and we can be pretty sure of this due to the discontinuity between early Christianity and Second Temple Judaism, as well as little clues that remain in the Bible and should be obvious to everyone (ex: Paul's "Conversion on the road to Damascus", which is probably fictional; or the well-documented rivalry between Paul and James, which the Bible glosses over but which various texts from groups later declared "heretical" tell about; the existence of Greek themes and motifs in Christianity which are not at all present in Second Temple Judaism, and which likely came from either Paul of Tarsus or from the Greco-Roman elements of the first Christian converts in Asia Minor; the odd mistranslations/interpolations in the Bible that are at odds with facts we do know, such as the birth at Bethlehem).

>inb4 source

Read up on the basic history of early Christianity from any academic source, instead of reading some Christfag blog or believing everything your useless cleric says.
>>
File: gwyndolin.jpg (149KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
gwyndolin.jpg
149KB, 500x529px
>Thread for gay Christians

I'm a Wiccan tranny

roast me.
>>
>>7623400
>In all I've seen, Christianity makes the most sense

I have spoken with people from many religions and they all have said this.

What makes you think that you are different?

To your other points. The nicest people that I have met were "neo pagans"
I bet Christians have hurt way more people than wiccans and nature worshipers.
>>
>>7623469
>>scholarly consensus

The scholarly consensus was one formed through research, actual archeological investigation, peer review, and using the scientific method. It is generally much more trustworthy than the Christfag apologetic method, which consists of "said person wrote this thing, and he claims to have been there: must be true!"

The scholar would instead consider the possibility that interpolation or later editing occurred; the paper would be dated, the language of the statement would be compared and contrasted to other examples of that language at the time to detect anachronisms or oddities, etc.

Decrying the scholarly consensus as "appeal to authority" is what stupid Christcucks resort to when they realize they have nothing.
>>
>>7623457
>Spiteful and hateful is a bit far though.
The whole FADA is out of spite because of the gay marriage ruling.
And what was the reaction after Orlando?
"haha queers died"
So no it's not "a bit far".

>The Pope is a pretty powerful figure and a proponent of lgbt rights.
And why would that be?
Because he reached an insight that it might be unethical to condemn lgbt people?
We all know better than that.
>>
>>7623457
Sorry, I think you mean BASED.

BAISED means illogical, and pro one side, against logic.

Thanks, though.

>NIV
Acronyms don't help, sorry =s

>>7623464
I think this is delusions the devil brings forth, making you destroy yourself

You must ask, what is a man, what is a woman?

You were and still are, physically a woman, still having the bones, skill, ribs, and genitals of a woman (even if they were mutilated)

I see many transexual people often end up having skewed perceptions on gender

I am not being hateful : I was almost a MTF myself, I honestly wanted to amputate my penis when younger, hating myself for being a man, thinking being a man meant I was a bad, mean person.

I think you should explore other examples of men and women, and really see how you feel about them. Women are not slaves, not property, and not scum, women are blessings.

I would encourage you to seek examples, and perhaps talk to a pastor, or a womans group leader, to ask about men and women

Go in open minded, calm, and give them a chance to speak : you might notice men and women interact in ways you've never seen before, and people are far more nice than you are used to.

>>7623467
Please name any 1 group around for over 100 years that has NEVER committed any violence then. Gays have done plenty, and in recent memory.

>>7623471
Misery is more complex than you think.

I do not like cleaning, or doing chores, for instance. It is annoying, tedious, and not fun.

However, the RESULTS, a clean living space, clean dishes, ect, are very nice

So, I do something I do not like, for something I like MORE

I think perhaps you are not thinking about these things that way

>>7623490
I can understand organized religion, and its fine not to belong to 1 church and blindly follow THEM.

Follow the word of god, first and foremost.

>>7623503
no actually, pretty sure there were merchants using the church to sell wares, and he banished them, saying like "DO NOT DESECRATE MY FATHERS HOUSE!!"
>>
>>7623464
>What do you think?
I think God wants you to be happy. I don't think it matters too much what others think.
>>7623467
>vast majority of christians are not christian,
I could definitely see that interpretation. Certainly not good Christians. I'd look up some of the early interpretations of what it means to be an anit-christ.
>in which case this entire thread is "christians" using a religion they do not follow to shield themselves from criticism.
Not sure I follow on that part. Could you elaborate?

>>7623503
In some translations he says he "drove them out, with their sheep and cattle" which would imply he drove both people and cattle out.
>>
>>7623515
>roast me.
Figuratively or literally? lol

>>7623552
>"haha queers died"
I'm sure some people expressed opinions like that. But painting all self proclaimed Christians with the same brush is absurd.
I know a lot of thoughts and prayers when out to the Orlando victims.
>We all know better than that.
I don't apparently. Please illuminate me.

>>7623567
New International Version.
>>
I've got to run. It was nice talking with you all

Have a nice Sunday.
>>
File: heilige.png (4MB, 1778x2014px) Image search: [Google]
heilige.png
4MB, 1778x2014px
>>7623567
>Follow the word of god, first and foremost.

What? I can't "follow the word of god": all we have are several documents, most of them known forgeries, some of them by anonymous authors who falsely claimed to eyewitnesses, that tell me about this Christian God and why/how one should believe. Your appeal to faith is not only inherently illogical but also ignores that I have equal reason to take other religions on faith. Why should I not take Muhammad or Buddha at their words?
>>
File: 1471038531718.jpg (46KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471038531718.jpg
46KB, 338x600px
>>7623567
>Please name any 1 group around for over 100 years that has NEVER committed any violence then
this one.
>Gays have done plenty, and in recent memory.
In near neglible numbers considering they're 3% at most.

>>7623580
>Not sure I follow on that part.
Fake christians using real christianity to shield any criticism of their own mutilated version of christianity.
>>
>>7623511
What would you classify as evidence, if it existed?

>>7623515
my mother was wiccan,. and she had many spiritual issues

wiccans allow the spirits of evil to use them like a conduit, your essentially allowing them to play with you freely.

But this does not mean they will not try to hide, demons are most effective when you don't REALIZE they are there.

>>7623527
nice is very vague. You probably mean nice as in "accepting, not criticising, and being mindful of feelings".

And this is true maybe

Christians worry about being nice as in trying to HELP people improve, and help the world.

you can tell a drug addict its completely ok being stoned, but will that actually help them improve?

no, it reinforces them hurting themselves.\

Mercy sometimes means disagreeing.

>>7623547
One cannot claim something does not exist for certain, as its impossible to get proof of nonexistience. But one can be skeptical of somethings existence with little evidence

I also haven't used appeal to authority yet, I point out all the flaws of defying god.

>>7623552
Gay marriage was practically FORCED anyway.
Actually more people thought it was fake, considering families of "dead" people were beaming and happy days after the "shooting", and that a lot of moving the bodies seemed scripted, or nonsensical.

>pope
I'm a christian and do not align myself with the catholic church.

Because I don't like organized religion =)
>>
>>7623630
>Why should I not take Muhammad or Buddha at their words?
Give it a try. Let us know how it turns out.

>>7623643
>eglible numbers considering they're 3%
So hate is alright, as long as it's done on a small scale?
We ought to be promoting piece and fighting hate wherever it's found.
>Fake christians using real christianity to shield any criticism of their own mutilated version of christianity.
By what measure to you find one fake and the other real?
>>
File: giddings.png (6KB, 491x220px) Image search: [Google]
giddings.png
6KB, 491x220px
>>7623670
>wiccans allow the spirits of evil to use them like a conduit, your essentially allowing them to play with you freely.
>but this does not mean they will not try to hide, demons are most effective when you don't REALIZE they are there.

Neck yourself, deluded faggot.

>inb4 "not an argument"

Nobody wants to waste their time with a schizoid who still believes in demons and spirits and other stupid shit.
>>
>>7623630
>forgeries
>false

How can you know? You weren't there.

>faith is illogical
Why would you go to a hospital if you were bleeding?

You have FAITH that they will help you....

You don't necessarily KNOW, something COULD happen..but you have faith

We actually "KNOW" far less than we THINK we know.

>>7623643
>this one
Negative
http://townhall.com/columnists/joannemoudy/2014/06/08/armed--dangerous-the-terrorism-of-the-lgbt-radicals-n1848920

>3% at most
Right, and poisonous snakes are only say, 5% (guessing) of wildlife, compared to rodents which are more, so rodents are more dangerous than snakes right?

This is your logic.

>mutilated version
its less that, than we ALL fall short of god, but strive for it.
>>
>>7623605
>But painting all self proclaimed Christians with the same brush is absurd.
Why is that brush off limits to me?

>I know a lot of thoughts and prayers when out to the Orlando victims.
>I don't apparently. Please illuminate me.
There is this thing called "sincerity".
>>
>>7623716
>We ought to be promoting piece and fighting hate wherever it's found.
Mere words anon.
If you don't plan to live by them (we know you won't) don't speak them.
>By what measure to you find one fake and the other real?
The real one tries, even if he fails.
>>
>>7623727
>believing in spirits is skitzo

I urge you to try investigating your local haunted house

The feeling of unease is not just paranoia.

>>7623745
>why
Do you bug chase, sodomize little boys, rape people, and mutilate your body?

No, I judge you based upon you, and the risks associated with it.

>>7623745
Praying is usually pretty sincere, people who pray for someone, even if they hate someone, still has an effect.

Praying is, imo, like sending an error report to god. You won't change it yourself, but more reports means its fixed faster.

Besides, would you rather they just ignore it?
>>
>following any organized religion
Kys
>>
>>7623745
>Why is that brush off limits to me?
You're free to make whatever claims you want. But by making statement addressing diverse groups as if they were homogeneous you're more likely to offend then convert people to your thinking.
>There is this thing called "sincerity".
What does that have to do with the pope?
Are you implying he's being insincere?
Is there anything in particular that led you to that conclusion?

I'm still not sure what it is you're trying to say. Hence me asking you to elaborate on your position.
>>
>>7623670
No,I mean nice as in generous and helpful. I have met many Christians that when someone told them that they needed help they just pulled the old " the Lord will provide" and disappeared. I have met countless Christians that claimed anything negative in the lives of others is the wrath of god. But if something happens to them it is just "bad luck". In highschool i got physically attacked when I stated that I was fine with homosexuality. They said that I was a traitor and should be burned for it. I went to a private christian school. They got away with it, i was punished for not" turning the other cheek" when I tried to fight back. Two bigger guys held my arms while the third punched my face and stomache. I kicked him in the stomach and then then forced me to my knees and he kicked my in the jaw.

So go ahead and tell me they are not real Christians just like muslims say isis are not real Muslims.
>>
File: 1471219143805.png (509KB, 795x991px) Image search: [Google]
1471219143805.png
509KB, 795x991px
>>7623736
>How can you know? You weren't there.

Are you stupid? Archeological investigation, research, dating, textual and literary criticism.

>Most modern scholars hold that the canonical Gospel accounts were written between 70 and 100 or 110 CE,four to eight decades after the crucifixion,

Mack, Burton (1996), "Who Wrote the New Testament?: The Making of the Christian Myth", Harper One

>Many scholars have pointed out that the Gospel of Mark shows signs of a lack of knowledge of geographical, political and religious matters in Judea in the time of Jesus. Thus, today the most common opinion is that the author is unknown and both geographically and historically at a distance to the narrated events.

Bart Ehrman, The New Testament. A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings, p. 74

Apart from the well-funded (and fundamentalist) "biblical archaeologists," we are in fact nearly all "minimalists" now.
—Philip Davies.

Philip Davies "Beyond Labels: What Comes Next?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_the_Bible#cite_note-allminimalistsnow-96
>>
>>7623773
>Mere words anon.
>If you don't plan to live by them (we know you won't) don't speak them.
What makes you think that?
Have I done something to make you doubt me?

>>7623787
There's at least one anti-establishment Christian in the thread.
And there are a plethora of non-enombinational churches.
The dominion of the Roman Catholic church is long gone. Calling Christianity organized is too high a praise. lol
>>
File: Bernd hosts a party.jpg (119KB, 1414x812px) Image search: [Google]
Bernd hosts a party.jpg
119KB, 1414x812px
>>7623736
The Gospel of Mark:
>Tradition holds that the Gospel of Mark was written by Mark the Evangelist, as St. Peter's interpreter, with numerous early sources say that Mark's material was dictated to him by St. Peter, who later compiled it into his gospel. However, the gospel appears to rely on several underlying sources, which vary in form and in theology, and which tell against the story that the gospel was based on Peter's preaching
>Most scholars believe that Mark was written by a second-generation Christian, around or shortly after the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the Second Temple in year 70

Gospel of Matthew:
>Most scholars hold that Matthew drew heavily on Mark and added teaching from the Q document
>The nativity narrative is held to be an invention
>According to the majority viewpoint, this gospel is unlikely to have been written by an eyewitness
>Biblical scholars generally hold that Matthew was composed between the years c. 70 and 100

Gospel of John:
>In the majority viewpoint, it is unlikely that John the Apostle wrote the Gospel of John, due to its differences from the Synoptic Gospels
>Rather than a plain account of Jesus' ministry, the gospel is a deeply mediated representation of Jesus' character and teachings, making direct apostolic authorship unlikely.
>Most scholars date the Gospel of John to c. 80–95

Gospel of Luke:
>on the basis of its colloquial Greek and clear Pauline connections, and its later acceptance by the heretical Marcionites, suggests an author from Greece or western Asia Minor.
>Acts (traditionally ascribed to Luke) contradicts Paul's own letters and denies him the important title of apostle, suggesting that the author was not a companion of Paul
>Scholars have proposed a range of dates from as early as 60 AD to as late as 90 AD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_reliability_of_the_Gospels#Synoptic_Gospels
>>
>>7623773
Criticism is not hate.

If I cloth you, feed you, protect you, but still tell you homosexuality is wrong, is this hate?

If one beats, rapes, robs, and mutilates someone, but accepts them for all their flaws, is this love?

Is it love to tell someone what they want to hear?

Is it hate to disagree with someone, in an effort to help them?

>>7623787
I'm christian, and not following it being organized by any MAN.

>>7623806
Where do you live?

I think Christians generally help at the lowest end, like with homelessness....

Its sad to hear your experience was negative, and unfortunately people who turn to wrath, and love violence also occasionally call themselves christians

Ones who love violence are not doing the will of god.

I am sorry brother, for what you have been through, and I admit, some who call themselves Christians are this way. But it goes against the message of the bible and forgiveness.

>archeological investigation ect
Which you don't do yourself, I'm guessing. Your relying on other to tell you... Appeal to authority...again.

Make your OWN observations, and get back to me

Also why do you say biblical archeologists in quotes? Do you think no christian can be one?

>>7623831
I'm anti establishment church, and I have HIGHLY varied views

I believe in chakras, I believe in spirits, I believe in violence as a means to defend, I believe everyone experiences homosexual thoughts from time to time (but is expected to fight them) and I believe in forgiving, but always pressuring towards improvement

a lot of Christians don't like my beliefs. But I'm a christian.
>>
File: 1474418697462.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1474418697462.png
80KB, 211x244px
>>7623567
What results would I get out of denying my sexuality? Being married to a woman I'm not attracted to? Maybe I could build a nice life for myself that way, but something would always be missing; one of the greatest joys in life. So yes, I would be miserable. And what reason would I have to do this? Because your god said so? Straight people are allowed to be attracted to their partner, why aren't gay people allowed the same? Does your """"""""loving"""""""" god just want us to live in misery so we can procreate? Because that's what it seems like. Sure we can choose how we act, but we can't choose who we're attracted to.

Nowadays gay people no longer have to live in secret; we are allowed to live perfectly "normal" and fulfilling lives, just like straight couples. Science even allows us to have kids of our own, although I'm gonna guess you'll say there's something wrong with that too? There is literally no reason to force yourself not to be gay other than because your god says so, and it is not your place to be telling others how to live their lives.
>>
File: desecrated-christ-crucifix.jpg (59KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
desecrated-christ-crucifix.jpg
59KB, 612x816px
>>7623907
This,

I can't wait for the day to come when popular opinion is so turned against Christians and Muslims and other religious fucks that they start pillaging church buildings and closing them down forcibly.
>>
>>7623907
Problem is, sexuality is not static. We all get urges, and we can feed, or deny them

If a man lusts for a woman, is he free to take her because it is what he wants? This is rape.

Nay, we must look at our desires, and ask if fulfilling them is positive.

Do not be a slave to your animistic urges, or you will be as an animal.

You can deny, fight, and go against your urges to shape your character, and the more you do so, the stronger your spirit gets

unfortunately I feel you have an incredibly weak, hurt spirit...you must train it, but rejecting any criticism will only bring you deeper into the devils grasp.

Everyone gets urges from time to time, even myself, have had the occasional homosexual thought, but I realize that it is the devil attempting to destroy me, and so I reject it and stay on the path of god, as best I can

You are not alone in facing the devils tricks, we all face the same things in life, just with different titles, and understandings.

>>7623931
Psalms 11:5 The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.
>>
>>7623780
>No, I judge you based upon you, and the risks associated with it.
And which me is that?
The one inside your head or the one outside of it?
>Praying is usually pretty sincere, people who pray for someone, even if they hate someone, still has an effect.
is it?
Because someone praying for the same people he'd condemn to hell on every other day does not come over as very sincere.

>>7623796
>you're more likely to offend then convert people to your thinking.
I have no intention to convert.
To convert means to change one's views, something I do not hold these people to be capable of.
>Are you implying he's being insincere?
indeed.

>>7623831
>What makes you think that?
be honest to yourself.
>Have I done something to make you doubt me?
You are human, just like everyone else in this thread.

>>7623886
>If I cloth you, feed you, protect you, but still tell you homosexuality is wrong, is this hate?
Is it not?
Can you not take care of someone you hate?
>If one beats, rapes, robs, and mutilates someone, but accepts them for all their flaws, is this love?
Love can be twisted, warped and deranged.
You're on the lgbt board, so the irony should not elude you.
>Is it love to tell someone what they want to hear?
It can be, just as it can not be.
>Is it hate to disagree with someone, in an effort to help them?
Do people disagree in an effort to help?
I don't think so.
>>
File: desecrated-Christ-figure.jpg (37KB, 825x550px) Image search: [Google]
desecrated-Christ-figure.jpg
37KB, 825x550px
>>7623944
>posting Bible quotes

Means nothing to me, since I don't believe; and more than that, I have nothing but contempt for religion.

That being said:
>>>/x/

They'll humor your bullshit.
>>
>>7623886
>If I cloth you, feed you, protect you, but still tell you homosexuality is wrong, is this hate?
Maybe not, but it sure as hell isn't love. You're not just telling them what they want to hear, you are accepting them for who they are. Being gay isn't a flaw, it's an attraction you have no control over, and there is literally no reason to force yourself not to be gay in this day and age.

>Is it hate to disagree with someone, in an effort to help them?
"I know better than you, it's for your own good!" Fuck off, you have to right to be policing other's lives and minds when they are doing nothing to hurt anyone. Who are you to decide for them that they're not happy?
>>
>>7623886
The vast majority of christians that i have met consider praying to be helping. They think that if they ask god to help then they are helping.
>>
>>7623944
You are not listening to what I'm saying. I'm not "being a slave to my animistic urges", I'm building a life for myself with someone who I'm actually attracted to and love. And you'd have to be some real puritan if you're seriously telling me that sex isn't a natural and enjoyable part of life. Once again, I ask: why are gay people not allowed to enjoy this aspect of life, other than because your god said so?

>You can deny, fight, and go against your urges to shape your character, and the more you do so, the stronger your spirit gets
No it doesn't, that's called repression, and it leads to some serious emotional problems. Some are fine with ignoring it their whole lives, but all it leads to is a person who is confused, emotionally isolated, and frustrated. Sounds miserable to me.

>"It's the devil trying to get me!"
No, it's not. Do you christians ever consider that maybe there are explanations for things that happen in nature that are grounded in science, rather than the supernatural? If homosexuality is so sinful, then please enlighten me: who is the victim of this "crime"?
>>
>>7623806
I'm sorry you had such negative experiences. A lot of the atheists I know are a product of Christian and Catholic school education.

>>7623907
>Does your """"""""loving"""""""" god just want us to live in misery so we can procreate?
I don't think so. I think the commandment to love you neighbor outweighs any cultural homophobia.

>>7623958
So, if I'm getting this straight, you're not here to persuade, think that LGBT friendly Christians are insincere, and doubt my good intentions because I'm human.

That seems like a fairly grim outlook.

What brings you into the thread?
>>
>>7623999
I always thought praying was more for the person praying then for the recipient of the prayers. God already knows your intentions.

I agree that the church and Christian's lack of charity and activism is a major problem.
>>
>>7624053
>What brings you into the thread?
It summoned me.
>>
>>7624151
>It summoned me.
God works in mystery ways.

I'm glad you're here though.
>>
>>7624163
>I'm glad you're here though.
That actually makes no sense to me.
>>
>>7624175
Why?
>>
>>7624198
Why would you be glad?

It would make sense if I brought positive content, but I did not.
>>
File: 761.png (436KB, 691x487px) Image search: [Google]
761.png
436KB, 691x487px
A man shall not lie with another man as he does a woman

deus vult motherfucker
>>
>>7624285
Even if you're negative I'm glad you're here.

Being exposed to positivity is good.

Maybe you'll even learn that not all Christians are hate spewing gay bashers.
>>
>>7624363
>deus vult motherfucker
Thinking about being Deus Vult tattoo actually.
>>
>>7624375
Encouraging straight behavior such as child rape is positivity?
>>
>>7624375
>Maybe you'll even learn that not all Christians are hate spewing gay bashers
You know very well that I'll only differentiate between straight christians and gay christians.

And you know that doesn't effectively change anything.
>>
>>7624389
>>7623339
I'm confused, is child rape a gay or straight behaviour?

>>7624432
I'm alright with that.
Baby steps.
>>
>>7624496
You're not confused, you're straight and you rape children. You know exactly who rapes children. You just lie because that is also a straight disease.
>>
>>7623958
>which?
Your actions, including if you ALLOW certain thoughts. Allowing thoughts, can lead to those thoughts making behavior.

A serial killer never kills without first contemplating murder.

>Condemn to hell
If you tell a friend who regularly steals, he will go to jail, are YOU the one sending them to jail?

Saying you are going to hell is not a condemnation or sentance, its a warning.

If I said you wouldn't I would be lying, and you would still end up there

I'm merely making you aware.

>not capable
I do not mean devout christians, but the masses. the undecided, the unsure.

They will make a decision based on what they see.

And in this thread, they see mostly polite Christians, and incredibly rude gays.

>your human
What words, actions, phrases, makes you doubt?

I have been honest with myself, and I see nothing.

If you insist I am wrong, but refuse to tell me why, your partially at fault for not correcting it.

>take care of those you hate
if you have ulterior motives, and attempts to sabotage them, perhaps...this is something which happens with other groups (funding a group, ensuing them their delusions are correct, ect, in an attempt to turn them against other enemies) But I've never done this myself. I don''t care if someone leave, or disobeys me, but disobeying reason is a bit concerning.

>love can be twisted
Lust, possessiveness, carnal desire is not love

love is having a deep care for someones well-being, even if they aren't necessarily good for you, or are not an intimate person.

>it can be
give an example of where feeding someones delusion can be loving.

>do people disagree to help
if you insist your going to kill your ex, and then yourself, is trying to tell you no NOT loving?
>>7623959
Well, don't be surprised at your results then.

>>7623972
>accepting
I am not rejecting THEM, I am rejecting their LIFE CHOICE

>no control
Self fulfilling prophecy

>no reason
discrimination, aids, abuse, anal wart, polyps, infections, rape, abuse.....
>>
>>7623972
If this is the case, by your own logic, you have no right to speak to people who hate gays, spout TRUE hate, do drugs, ect

I have the right to voice my views. I am SPEAKING, not physically forcing you to do anything.

If you don't like it, its your problem, but I'm not being offensive, I'm not being hostile, I'm not advocating for violence, even when some of you WERE.

>>7623999
It helps, but ill be honest : Talking with people is far more effective in many cases. Mixing up the efforts helps.

>>7624023
>not urges, building a life
Same thing, different title

>sex is natural
So is pain. Its called moderation

More importantly, sex outside marriage is very harmful.

Please find one girl whos had her heart 100% broken while being celibate...People are hurt the most when someone has sex, THEN leaves

>why
it causes anal cancer, polyps, spreads stds, promiscuity, self destructive tendancies, ect.

>repression leads to problems
not with CORRECT repression, people who ignore it, or cover with substance abuse face this

I have NEVER met a man who was open to me about gay urges and told me "listen, I want to get past this". And thats what it takes, being willing, being honest, and not just brushing it aside. And allowing god in your heart helps a lot.

I overcame a desire to be trans, and amputate my manhood, because I was honest and didn't run

But if you run away, it will control you.

>crime?
yourself, and those who actually care for you

You cannot honestly tell me your absolutely happy being gay, and every single element that comes with it. Why, half of LGBT is complaints and suicidal talk

>>7624163
I do find it ironic, and amazing as well, that on a sunday, god sent his followers here in their sunday best attitudes to this thread

Praise to lord for such a thing

>>7624363
This is actually an interesting point

I've heard some say "well, its ok to FUCK men, long as you don't get fucked"

So really, the tops are more sinful than the bottoms...
>>
>>7624383
>>7624389
Statistically, more gays per capita rape children

>inb4 saying pedophiles don't see gender

>>7624510
I've yet to rape any... Perhaps my pastor, my church, and the spirit of christ is doing something wrong?

....Sorry god, I shouldn't make jokes at you

In all seriousness, your just shouting that at me with nothing else.

Your not being reasonable, your just screaming it over and over, hoping it will work.
>>
>>7624079
It about giving energy to the right spirits.

Being angry, lustful, greedy, aggressive, ect...it feeds dark spirits

Thankful, kindness, caring, loving, ect, feeds good spirits

By praying, you keep the good spirits in power around you, and those you pray for.
>>
>>7622496
>>7622440

It's knowing that you have one shot at life, therefore it makes sense to make it as good as you can.

It's also tells you that since life is inherently meaningless, YOU have the power to assign any meaning you want to it.

It's staring in awe at the night sky and marvelling at nature, and being truly humble in knowing you have the luck to experience life.

What do you find so fulfilling about a clearly man-made set of rules created by tribal Jews 2,000 years ago which tells you that your lifestyle is inherently wrong and sinful and God will smite those who don't worship him... but he loves you?
>>
>>7623246
Absolute bullshit. The ONLY requirement for being a Christian is believing that Christ died on the cross for your sins. Anything else is debatable.

What makes YOU more of a Christian than the people in the Westboro Baptist Church? They're the ones following the bible a hell of a lot closer than you ever will. What do you even know about being a "true" Christian?
>>
>>7625622
By your reasoning, muslims are also christians lol, or anyone who thinks jesus was real is christian..

>westburo

you realize the "boogey man" of christians isn't even all that bad?

So they protest a few funerals over a war, and say gays are destroying America. They hurt NOBODY, and they are the WORST you can bring up. And they are a minority, to boot.
>>
>>7622440
>>7622496
Atheists get a thrill out of the concept that nothing they do matters in a greater sense because it means they have no responsibilities.

But I'm not advocating for Christianity or any particular alternative. Personally I'm agnostic due to influence from Jordan Peterson.
>>
>>7622496
You seem afraid of irrelevance and death.

I am atheist because I studied Christianity for years and it fell apart in my hands. I figured if Christianity could not hold up then no other religion would either.

>I find most atheists aren't humble.
I find most humans are not humble.
>>
>>7626347
I use to be an athiest...its this, and a sort of pompous idea of "I don't see it, cannot detect it, no scientist explains it, therefor it does not exist"..

>>7626428
The idea of me being christian didn't come out of fear, it came out of realizations that almost all Christians I ran into were genuinely good people, and I was tired of assholes.

Christians being CARING people, who cared about giving me help I NEEDED, that is what attracted me originally.
>>
>>7626602
Lucky you. I have had nearly the opposite experience.
>>
>>7626611
Probably with young christians, if you mean assaults....

Older ones saying "your going to hell" doesn't really count, thats just you not wanting to hear things

I refuse to consider someones feelings if considering them lets them hurt themselves, same reason I tell drug addicts the dope is killing them.
>>
>>7626658
I have had older Christians say "You deserve to die". I had older Christians tell me that they were calling child services about me not taking my nephew to church and that atheists should be kept away from children and be kicked out of the country. After I was out of the closet A few told me that they would "see to it" that I never saw my nephew again.

You may not be like that but there are plenty that are.
>>
>>7626707
To add to that, I have met a lot of Christians that want a theocracy and believe that freedom of religion only applies to Christianity.
>>
Daily reminder, brothers and sisters

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2013/how-same-sex-marriage-sufficates-freedom-part-i
http://www.crisismagazine.com/2013/how-same-sex-marriage-suffocates-freedom-part-ii
>>
>>7622557
didn't putin say that muslims are russia's friends
>>
>>7622496
>i can't handle reality, so imma believe in a big sky-daddy to tell me how to live and give me purpose.
if god comes down from the sky and threatens to spite all non believers, then creates a paperweight they can't lift, I'll become whatever the fuck they request of me
>>
>>7629020
tl;dr the freedom to be recognized as a human being is not as important as my freedom to discriminate against you
>>
>>7622388
If you are gay and go to church good for you. Of course it would be wonderful for everyone to be included, and I have no qualms regarding homosexuality and religion beliefs –in my humble opinion, both are private matters. Your sexuality isn't anyone's business, and your relationship with God is a matter between you two, exclusively.

However, the Bible says otherwise. Homosexuals are welcome into the Kingdom of God and thus gain salvation once they repent from their sin, that is, to have carnal desire towards members of the same sex or to engage in sexual relationships with members of the same sex. I do not mean to ge judgmental by any means, as we all know that some churches are nowadays experiencing a trend towards inclusivism; I merely pointed out the Bible's stance that may clash with that of the churches that follow the mentioned trend.

If going to church makes you happy, keep going. It's your choice, a private matter.
>>
>>7626658
>same reason I tell drug addicts the dope is killing them.

As if they don't already know that and suffer from low self esteem to begin with. You're just doing all sorts of good in the world.

t. Addiction therapist
>>
>>7626208
>By your reasoning, muslims are also christians lol, or anyone who thinks jesus was real is christian..

Are you fucking retarded? Muslims believe Christ was a prophet - they don't believe he was the messiah who dies on the cross for the sins of mankind. Similarly, many believe Christ was a historical figure but do not believe in his divinity. I know more about your religion than you do - which is pathetic.

Also:
>unironically defending the WBC

Fucking kys faggot. In any event, modern Christianity IS bad. For many reasons that could write a book on - which many have. Is it as bad or dangerous as Islam? No. But that doesn't mean it's good.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.