[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Successful Repression???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1425611091808s.jpg (12KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1425611091808s.jpg
12KB, 249x249px
(1/2)
Has anyone here with a legitimate case of gender dysphoria successfully repressed their desires to transition? And by this I mean trutrans (I.E disgust of facial hair, desperately wanting boobs, etc...). Are you actually genuinely living a happy life now devoid of self hatred and misery?

I hear about repression as another option for budding T girls, but it doesn't seem practical because most of the ones I've seen on 4chan hate life and want to kill themselves anyways.

Seeing as society generally hates trans people, it feels like you are fucked no matter what choice you make. Suffer as an imitation of a biological woman, or suffer as a puppet playing a male role. Even though I was depressed a lot before I realized my trans-ness...I do wonder sometimes if it would have been better if I had never known. Pandora's box has been opened and I can't close it now...I cannot forget about the ecstasy and happiness of seeing 'her' in my mirror. It is just too powerful to forget about.

Whether being trans is legitimate or not it really doesn't matter. Once you start feeling dysphoria/euphoria your life is pretty much fucked. Society does not respect gender variance, and it only marginally seems to tolerate lesbians, gays, and bisexuals. You are a freak and a punching bag no matter what it seems.

Not like doctors can help much either. I'D KILL for a brain scan or something that could scientifically prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am trans or not trans. Its just a helpless feeling, to not know truly what is going on with your fucked up brain, knowing that all you have to go on are your feelings. Science is still quite a ways away from giving us any definitive answers it seems. For the record, I am fairly certain that I am trans. But not having definitive proof will always handicap me in trying to convince people in my family that I am actually a woman.
>>
>>7618992
(2/2)
Basically, I am doubtful that anyone can will themselves into becoming a normie. I believe that you are born with whatever letters in LGBT that you belong to.

But that is just my opinion though, and it can't stop assholes from being assholes. And assholes are everywhere really.
>>
>>7618992
Honestly why are you even repressing? You KNOW that if they did the stupid brain scan, your limbic system would be in a trans/female pattern, because that's how you feel. You seem to already understand this shit is innate.

Repression is an invention of our fucked-up society, it's not natural.
>>
>>7619028
I guess I just wanted to throw it out there and see if repression is a viable option or not. Some people on here seem convinced that you can become a normie if you will it. Im skeptical, but willing to entertain that possibility.

Plus im scared so there is that. Don't really want to become a hun either.
>>
>>7619073
Oh you can become a normie alright, a normie girl.

Repressers can never truly become normies because they're not even being themselves, their persona will always be a facade even more so than if they had transitioned. At least a trans girl is actually being herself, or trying. But a represser is someone who lives out their fake normie life and then goes home and beats it to tg captions and wishes they were a girl just like always. Don't be stupid here.
>>
>>7619093
That sort of helps in a weird way, thanks...
>>
>>7619093
>>7618992
>Oh you can become a normie alright, a normie girl
this OP
If you actually end up passing and you aren't a total mental fuckup, you'll probably end up a normie girl. I was a pathetic betamale teenager and, took HRT starting in high school. Now I'm an increasingly normal 21 year old girl.

If you are still young, you can definitely live a happy life.
>>
>>7619232
Well im gonna be 30 in a few months so there is that. Im jealous.
>>
>>7619272
Yeah idk then. Devote your life to medical science in hopes one day we can make new bodies for ourselves or die seems like your options.
>>
>>7619093
>But a represser is someone who lives out their fake normie life and then goes home and beats it to tg captions and wishes they were a girl just like always. Don't be stupid here.

Shit you're describing me..
>>
>>7619093
>>7619288

I'm not the OP but i'm pretty sure you just settled my mind on transitioning cause of that.
>>
File: transitioned at 31.jpg (115KB, 826x544px) Image search: [Google]
transitioned at 31.jpg
115KB, 826x544px
>>7619272
it's goddamn difficult by that point, but 'difficult' is not a synonym for 'impossible'
early 30s is the latest point where you can get really good outcomes even from average to bad starting points with enough luck, dedication, and money
>>
>>7619281
Well. Ok, that sucks.
>>
>>7619313
With money you can still pass, see >>7619300

FFS is fucking god tier. But you might want to get started now before "second puberty" (men develop even further at around your age) really takes old. It would be wise to prevent that, if you're really committed to this.
>>
>>7619093
>>7619300
>>7619281
Guess my hand is forced regardless. May as well try transition and hope for the best. Can always off myself later if I become a hun and things don't work out.
>>
>>7619028
>Repression is an invention of our fucked-up society, it's not natural.
No, openness is an invention of our society.
Repression is natural. You are supposed to keep the sex you're born with, and fuck the opposite sex either with your penis in their vagina, or their penis in your vagina. The penis or vagina you were born with. Eventually the penis emits a white fluid which unhindered by any barrier reaches the egg and impregnates the vagina.
That is natural. Anything that interferes with that is unnatural. Being miserable does not interfere. Getting your dick chopped off does interfere.
>>
>>7618992
>trutrans
>before I realized my trans-ness
Oxymoron.
>>
>>7621139

We live in an unnatural world so.. who cares
>>
"Just try to repress" they said.
"If you have a good life repressing is a better choice for you" they said.
Oh yeah. Trust me I tried. But each time I can repress for like 4 or 5 months max, and then I end up wanting to kill myself every following days.
"But don't worry just repress harder it will work"
No fuck you. Don't ever. Don't repress, it's a fucking huge mistake. It will just make you feel even worse as your body is fucked up by T.
>>
>>7618992
Don't know if you could call my case a legitimate case of dysphoria but growing up I never felt comfortable as a male. It didn't help that I grew up in a pretty much female house where my mom was a lesbian and the only male contact I had was a brother who wasn't there most of my life. I would cry myself to sleep sometimes wondering why I was born male, but as I got older it just started to seem like a lot it would be a lot of work and sacrifice to transition. Not to mention growing up in a black neighborhood I would be putting my life on the line, because regardless of how the media tries to portray it, homosexuality just didn't fly where I'm from. I guess I just learned how to be emotionally stunted, Most people don't know how much I hate my life cause I put on a pretty good facade but right now at the age of 30 there is so much I regret not being brave enough to do.
>>
God I sympathize so much with the wishing Pandora's box had never been opened. I was a depressed, useless piece of shit before, and I realize now it's probably because I felt confined by my body and the expectations placed on me due to it. But fuck. I almost think it'd have been better to just have stayed vaguely depressed forever than to realize the cause and be forced to choose between two options, repressing or transitioning, that are both dangerous and may lead to incredible unhappiness.

I feel like a cornered rat. Transition, end up non-passing, experience transphobia and kill myself. Repress, end up giving up on ever being happy, and kill myself. Or just kill myself now and save myself the trouble.

Sorry for the blog. Just letting you know I know how you feel.
>>
>>7622237
This is also how I, and the majority of the board, feels. You're not alone in this boat.
>>
>>7622237
Third option is find someone who loves you for who you are and forget about the rest. I know that seems impossible, but the right person really can make all the difference. Sure, it might seem like a co-dependency but as long as you don't forget about the other person's needs and feelings then I don't see the harm. Sometimes people need someone to lean on to get by.
>>
>>7621139
Something being natural doesn't necessarily mean it's good. But regardless, it's also natural to want to take action to solve your problems. Ignoring those problems when there's a clear and viable solution available just because "no, things are supposed to be like this!" goes against reason. There is no upside to having gender dysphoria; it is not something you willingly keep for the sake of others, and it goes without saying that it's not something you willingly keep for yourself.
>>
Has anyone been able to repress by joining the military?
>>
>>7622237
I am this
>>7622292
I found this

I'm taking HRT and I'm going to do the best I can with what I have. I have no illusions that it will work and that all the horrible thoughts I have will go away. But so long as I can lie down next to my man, safe and warm in his embrace then I'll be okay. Also he'd be devastated if I necked myself so the guilt and shame sorta help too.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.