[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling the trans identity a disability to help trans people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1sNn8Tt.png (578KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1sNn8Tt.png
578KB, 1920x1080px
Hear me out
>denote gender dysphoria as mental illness
>denote hrt as approved treatment
>free trans healthcare get.
>>
>>7610317
>denote gender dysphoria as mental illness
it is
>denote hrt as approved treatment
it is
>free trans healthcare get
doesn't work this way
>>
>>7610317
we already have the first two of those and were moving towards the third before trump happened
the problem is that we need to be socially seen as disabled rather than some sort of bizarre identity shit, which isn't what's happening
trans rights should be part of the disability rights movement, but unfortunately the disability rights movement is fucked too as seen by the push for legalized euthanasia and the slippery slope it causes
t. disabled tranny
>>
>>7610317
please show me a tranny who wasn't actually trying to transition who commited suicide.

PLZKTHNX
>>
>>7612706
>show me someone who killed themselves from a disorder that was undiagnosed in life and cannot be diagnosed postmortem
but yeah, i know of...at least a double-digit number of cases of natal males who committed suicide out of the blue and had all their transvestite shit found after the fact, which is the closest that can be gotten to a postmortem diagnosis given the way transsexualism progresses from transvestism
have also known a double-digit number of transsexed people who committed or attempted suicide, and with one (1) exception all were pre-transition and had no realistic chance of transitioning in the near future
>>
>>7610317
This is how they do it in Japan, and it makes way more sense. But Western society is cancer, so they treat us like fags, and we need to fight for our rights with fags.
>>
>>7610317

>Calling the schizophrenic identity a disability helps them?

Who cares? They need medication, not be proud of the illness, nor expect the rest of people to conform to their delusions.
>>
>>7612765
>They need medication
yes, hormones have been found to be extremely successful as a treatment
>not be proud of the illness
only a vocal minority of transsexed people are proud of being transsexed, about the same number there is for people with other severe innate birth defects (far fewer people, even proportionately, are proud of being transsexed than autistic)
>nor expect the rest of people to conform to their delusions
transsexualism is by psychiatric definition not a delusion, in that the presentation of it and treatment for it differs from other delusions
if you believe the prescribed treatment is wrong and is actually part of some kind of left-wing conspiracy, keep in mind it's been the official treatment for about sixty years now -- your claim would require there be a left-wing pro-tranny agenda in the 1950s
>>
Is there a difference between a disability and a disorder? Because it's definitely the latter, not sure about the former.
>>
>>7612783

>hormones have been found to be extremely successful as a treatment

Yeah, extremely successful with that 41% suicide rate. As successful as cutting the limbs of someone with Apotemnophilia, just because it makes you feel good to follow your mental illness it doesn 't mean you should.

How hard is it to understand you'll never be a real woman and you're only playing pretend?
>>
>>7612753

Really? What's the social attitude about it in Japan?
>>
>>7612800
>41% suicide rate
you mean the 41% suicide *attempt* rate amongst people with *untreated* transsexualism?
>As successful as cutting the limbs of someone with Apotemnophilia
funnily enough, for a subset of biid cases limb amputation is the only long-term treatment
further research is needed on that topic
>just because it makes you feel good to follow your mental illness it doesn 't mean you should
i completely agree, that's why i and other people follow the prescribed course of treatment for it that has been shown through decades of studies involving a total of tens of thousands of patients to be successful
>How hard is it to understand you'll never be a real woman and you're only playing pretend?
yeah, playing pretend as a woman was awful, that's why i stopped
the argument that trans people are playing pretend as members of their genders makes no sense by any reasonable definition of gender, in that it's a social category
you can argue pretty successfully that *pre-transition* people are not the gender they say they are, and i'd agree with you on some level, because they don't live as that gender or look even in the most generous context as members of it, but that doesn't apply to post-transition people
>>
>>7612800
Evidently pretty damn hard. Truth is transphobic, this doesn't help.
>>
>>7612830
>untreated
And those in HRT, and those post SRS, with varriance of 5%.

Infact, suicide rate is LOWEST for "trannies" who crossdress, but are in the closet.

>amputating limbs is ok
This is like saying its ok to kill people who want to die.

Some people are delusional and fucked up

>tens of thousands of patients
I would like to see a list of 20 trannies who have been transgender for 30 years, with no regret, no mental breaks, no drug abuse, ect.
>>
>>7612811
Japs still think that experts know best, unlike America. So they kind of coldly accept it, and it's becoming much better with time. Which in many ways beats America, which is half openly hostile, and half fag hag. It helps that Japan (and non-Western nations in general) don't really have hons.
>>
>>7610317

>Making me pay for your delusions

Nah, thank you. I refuse.
>>
>>7612987

That's pretty cool. I guess America's known for pretty horrible corruption and negligence scandals, which spills over into mistrust of safe and vital procedures like transition and vaccination. I don't know shit about Japan, but maybe there's a reason for the different levels of trust.
>>
>>7613125
The gap in social values is huge. American individualism is pretty extreme, and it comes with a "fuck you, you can't tell me what to think" attitude. This leads us to think we are smarter than we really are, and question authority even when it's beneficial.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.