[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books do you fags read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

What books do you fags read?
>>
File: Virginia Woolf - Young.jpg (11KB, 201x288px) Image search: [Google]
Virginia Woolf - Young.jpg
11KB, 201x288px
>>7608901

> reading

psh. the art form of the 18th century was the poem; the 19th century's was the novel; the 20th century's was the film.

The 21st century is the century of video game kino. I'm taking a break from playing a highly kino Overwatch match to make this point. You are interrupting art,
>>
Currently going for my boy poe, after that some fontane
>>
>>7608901
everybody keeps saying "Ligotti" but I read that one story about the fucking mannequins and it was dry and inedible as shit

Nethescurial is still pretty good though

no one can fucking write anymore because there's no fucking money in it so we're not gonna get a PKD-tier talent any time soon

holy shit I hate being alive
>>
I don't read books
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Queer-Pleasant-Danger-Jewish-Scientology/dp/080700183X

Amazing book
>>
File: 3398414.jpg (49KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
3398414.jpg
49KB, 260x400px
>>7608901
just read this:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3398414-sex-trafficking
a movie called Trafficked was just made based on it.
anyone who has heard about pizzagate and wants to hear the facts about human trafficking from a reporter who has interviewed more than 200 victims should check it out.
>>
File: 1468480873376.jpg (148KB, 1000x671px) Image search: [Google]
1468480873376.jpg
148KB, 1000x671px
Well, I like all tons of literature.

I recently finished reading the 'Timarion' of the 12th century, of pseudo-Lucian. I just purchased 'De Administrando Imperio', The Alexiad, and the short stories of a 20th century Spanish writer last week.

I guess my tastes in literature are all over the place. I like Medieval literature, but also sci-fi, short stories, novels - I also like poetry.
>>
File: accidentalsaints[1].jpg (106KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
accidentalsaints[1].jpg
106KB, 467x700px
>>7608901
Today I read My Friend Dahmer in one sitting. (It's a graphic novel so you can do it in like 2.5 hours)

I've been finishing the last of 3 books by Nadia Bolz Weber, and after spending so much time on /pol/ I've decided to try to rebalance myself with the Autobiography of Malcolm X since I've always been interested in him any way.
>>
File: ADOLF POTTER.jpg (67KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
ADOLF POTTER.jpg
67KB, 600x673px
harry potter and the sorcerer's stone nigga
>>
File: C2Ww2IgXEAQz07I.jpg (85KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
C2Ww2IgXEAQz07I.jpg
85KB, 500x800px
>>7611488
>My Friend Dahmer

Can't tell if trolling or Hannibal Lecter
>>
>>7611547
>>
File: 81IBo0YLFCL.jpg (401KB, 1697x2560px) Image search: [Google]
81IBo0YLFCL.jpg
401KB, 1697x2560px
Christianity has always interested me and mysticism and the occult has always been a guilty pleasure, but neither of them made enough sense for me to take them seriously. This book is bringing it all together for me in that regard and it's honestly fucking me up.

It should be noted that A.) this is not about hippy dippy card reading, although the word magic is getting thrown around a lot and i'll be starting the chapter about it next and B.) The afterword for this was written by a fucking cardinal, specifically one of the Church's greatest theologians in the 20th century and one of Pope Benedict XXVI's closest allies, Hans Urs von Balthasar.

It's...odd
>>
Rimbaud's Illuminations
That guy was a gay ubermensch
>>
neal stephenson is my fave author
>>
File: 914k84gtVIL._SL1500_.jpg (272KB, 938x1500px) Image search: [Google]
914k84gtVIL._SL1500_.jpg
272KB, 938x1500px
https://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Tingle/e/B00SF2MTYK/
>>
>>7608901
I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
Julius Caesar by Shakespeare (does this count)
yeah that's all
>>
>>7608901

Reading Game of Normies now, just finished Catcher in the Rye. Reading the Art of War next.
>>
>>7610831
Reminding that reading makes you a shitload of times more attractive
>>
>>7611564
I picked this up a while ago because im interested in dahmer but man is it some ugly art.
>>
>>7608901
reading Crime and Punishment right now
>>
this book is fucking me up right now
humans are fucked
>>
File: I don't even want kids.jpg (30KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
I don't even want kids.jpg
30KB, 324x499px
This was the last book I completed. Even if you're not interested having a child ever, it's still nice to read about the process.

Now, I am reading Fast Food Nation.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 257x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 257x400px
just read Kafka's The Trial, quite nice book. before that I read Les Miserables(also pretty great) trying to read Ivanhoe now but I can't get started because it's so uninteresting and dryly written even though I love history
>>7617672
good boy
>>
>>7617730
:/ I don't wanna be a boy though
>>
>>7611499

I saw J. K. Rowling at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything. She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?" but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.

The guy at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear him, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When he took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped him and told him to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After he scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting him by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>7617722
Poor kids. No mother / father (either one) will fuck them up.
>>
>>7617782

It varies, a lot of these stories had a mother or father influence outside the same-sex couples household.
>>
>>7617778
show us on the doll where the bad man touched you
>>
>>7617743
but you are one!
>>
>>7617722
holy shit I ran into that in the library the other day
>>
>>7617482
Then I will continue not reading
>>
>>7608901
Call it cliche, but I love poetry. I'm currently reading Robert Frost and a collection of Shakespeare's sonnets.

There's something very comfy about reading the English language (or any language) twisted around in unconventional ways.
>>
>>7608901
My man Richard Adams died recently so I'm going through Watership Down.
>>
>>7617938
It's a nice, quick read. They break the book into ways couples adopt/raise kids.

They book is mostly stories of adults going through the process. The struggles, positives, and results of it all. I believe it is under 200 pages. It's $10 on the Kindle store.
>>
>>7608901
I'm currently reading Rubyfruit Jungle. I like it so far.
>>
>>7608962
Fucking hell this is probably bait but you sound so much like maryl Streep on golden globe night and you should want to kill yourself right now for that.
>>
>>7618262
i suggest william blake, he's based
>>
>>7618358
yeah. read it while I was there since I didn't want to take it home. seconding the recc to anyone else interested.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.