[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw this episode again last night. Peggy befriends Carolyn,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6732.jpg (33KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6732.jpg
33KB, 250x186px
I saw this episode again last night. Peggy befriends Carolyn, who Peggy doesn't know is a drag queen. Carolyn doesn't know Peggy is a ciswoman.
This plot depends on Carolyn spending a lot of her free time dressed to perform, and assuming other drag queens do this as well.
Have you met any drag queens that dressed in drag in their down time like that?
Because it feels like the writers have mixed up drag queens and transgender women here.
>>
>>7608449
more accurately they mixed up drag queens and transvestites, and transgender specifically when it is not used as an umbrella term (read as 'during the 90s') does refer to full-time transvestites, the difference between transgenderists and transsexuals usually being one of surgery
there are definitely transvestites who identify more as women than men and spend a lot of their time 'dressed', most obviously transgenderists but also more part-time ones
all these distinctions are kind of dead in our brave new world but as someone who only gained awareness of them long after they faded away i think a lot of things would make a lot more sense if they were brought back
drag queens and transvestites are very different, though -- to go blanchardian about it, drag queens are related to hsts (homosexual transsexual, trans women who are naturally very feminine and have similarities to feminine gay men) and transvestites are related to agp (autogynephile, trans women who are not naturally feminine and have similarities to ordinary-if-sometimes-beta straight men)
>>
>>7608449
Why are they always gross hons
>>
>>7608947
Because cis writers who have no experience with modern trans people
>>
>>7608449
I was actually considering coming out to mom, then that episode came on. :P
>>
>>7608951
But thats a drag queen not a transgender woman
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 684x491px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 684x491px
>>7609069
Queens can be hons if they're gross

Hon is botched hyper femenity

That's the difference between a femboy who crossdresses some times in a credible and tasteful way and hairy brick like drag queen
>>
>>7608951
Uh no, it's because cis writers who portray transgender individuals tend to lean into the anime trapgirl motif.

Although admittedly, a few good writers can skirt this and a good example is the series Sense8. The trans woman is also a lesbian yet portrayed by a cis gender woman (I think, don't quote me on that.) And the writing is fantastic, the backstory is emotional and well thought.
>>
>>7613846
>Uh no, it's because cis writers who portray transgender individuals tend to lean into the anime trapgirl motif.

Whoa what, since when? I've never seen a trap in Western media. And the hons in this cartoon are certainly not traps.

Btw, the trans girl in Sense8 is played by Jamie Clayton, who is not cis.
>>
>>7613846

Nah, the actress is a trans woman, as well as the series creators. It'd be pretty embarrassing if they still managed to fuck it up, lol.
>>
>>7613869
>I've never seen a trap in Western media.
Different anon, and I certainly wouldn't equate it to anime traps, who are usually young and androgynous. But western media absolutely has a huge trope of "men tricking people into thinking they're women," which is basically where the whole connotation of 'trapping' comes from anyway.
But western 'traps' are usually much older people, and generally worldly prostitutes or otherwise very sexualised characters. It's usually more about the dramatic irony of "haha, this schmuck character's gonna fuck a man," rather than in anime where the viewer's the one getting trapped.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.