[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend accepts me being trans. She even wants to stay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3995.jpg (419KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3995.jpg
419KB, 1080x1920px
My girlfriend accepts me being trans. She even wants to stay with me.

But she is adamant that me being a girl is absolutely not what she wants. And she hates the idea that our relationship might be seen as gay one day.

This more than anything is what gets to me and makes me wanna give up. I can handle dysphoria. I can handle douchebags and TERFs and my shitty body. But that just tears me apart.

Thoughts, /lgbt/?
>>
>>7607375
maybe having a gf is more important than trying to emulate being a woman

You have a woman, so be her man.
>>
>>7607392

Sorry, but I already tried that for far too long. We only get one life, I might as well try this whole trans thing out rather than regret it for the rest of my life.

Also, she has said she won't leave me. She just doesn't like it. This is what hurts me.
>>
>>7607375
probably you are going to have to break up with her
>>
File: 1179ppu.jpg (69KB, 632x721px) Image search: [Google]
1179ppu.jpg
69KB, 632x721px
>>7607375
entitled man wants to have his cake and eat it too. Nothing new to see here folks.
>>
Sever it, your eventual future is going to be incompatible with what she wants out of your relationship with her and yourself.
>>
>>7607403
Shes going to end up leaving eventually, possibly via suicide

no straight woman wants her man being a giant fag

Also, maybe you will transition and regret it.
>>
>>7607432
A cis girl wouldn't kill herself over that.

OP, just make yourself and your needs very clear. She honestly sounds like a bitch, although really it's not her fault she's not gay. It doesn't sound like this relationship's gonna work out, so just end it as amicably as possible.
>>
>>7607375
If she keeps talking about it it's a good sign that she's trying to convince you not to transition, either because she's afraid of facing her own prejudices and having to reimagine herself, or because she legitimately cannot see it working out. If it's the former, it might be worth pushing the idea and talk it out, if it's the latter, you should probably break up, but I can't tell you if it's worth waiting until you're underway with your transition or if you should end it now. Maybe see a couple's counsellor?
>>
>>7607375
It's a rough situation. If yoy pursue how you feel your life changes. At the same time, if you put how she feels above how you do internally, eventually you'll resent her and end up growing apart anyway. You have to be resolute in what you want and then be ready to accept the outcome of it, because if you don't you'll be just as unhappy or potentially more unhappy for different reasons.
>>
>>7607375
She invested ali of time into this relationship with you then drop this bomb on her lap....im surprised she handled it gracefully like she did. You should be ashamed of yourself for lying to her about who you really were all this time, it's very selfish of you. You probably aren't true trans anyway. If you wanna get a boner while wearing your gfs panties that's one thing but taking her us a whole other thing that can have serious after effects.
>>
Can't really blame her. She didn't sign up for this. You do what you gotta do and if she isn't ok with it maybe you can just be friends. Or if keeping her is more important maybe you could just take E and be a femboy.
>>
>>7607375
What's with transbians always trying to force girls to change their sexuality....
If you want to stay with her then don't transition, otherwise just deal with it and breakup. Not everyone wants to date trans people.
>>
>>7607375
dont you think that MAYBE, just MAYBE, you can do better?
>>
You'll get over it OP.

My ex said the same thing when I told her I was trans. Said she would stay. So on and so forth.

A week later she vanished without a trace. Spineless, she should have had the decency to just break it off in person.

But it was a good thing. She was no good, and I wound up totally unattracted to females after starting hormones. Right now you're probably blinded to her bullshit from test being in your system.

It was for the best. And if it ends for you it'll probably be for the best as much as it doesn't seem like that now.
>>
>>7607375
>accepting
>not what she wants, hates the idea
Doesn't sound like acceptance to me.
>>
OP here. I told her 3 months into the relationship. We're now 3 years in. She's had plenty of time to leave. Started hormones 6 months ago. She could very well leave still but at this point it's less likely.

Thanks for the insights, /lgbt/
>>
>>7610565
>Started hormones 6 months ago. She could very well leave still but at this point it's less likely.
why would it be less likely? you haven't started to physically change until now and she could very well want out when she sees your physical changes
>>
Can you blame her? You're going to go down a very hard, challenging, and controversial route.

You will alter your body dramatically to try and emulate a woman. If you don't pass people are going to see you and think "ew, look at that weird cross dresser/fag/tranny", if you do pass, then people are going to think you're a lesbian couple and you'll suffer discrimination that way. If your partner is a straight woman, surely you can appreciate how either possibility sounds nightmarish?

Do the right thing. Let her go. For both your sakes. She wants a man, and you want peace of mind. Unfortunately love doesn't always conquer all.
>>
>>7610582
>want out when she sees your physical changes

trust me, mtfs will always look like a manly man with huge as shoulders, ribcage and dadbod

she wont even notice.
>>
>>7607375
you gotta break up with her. if she's not into women, and if you're a woman (and more importantly, starting to look like a woman), then it's very likely not going to work out.
>>
>>7610582

Already have boobs & shit. Hormones have been nice to me. Also lasered my beard ages ago. For all intents and purposes my body has already changed hugely.

>>7610655

I see your points, anon. I can see how we both might be clinging to something that does not exist anymore. We do live in an extremely progressive city and country and I have had 0 problems with any of my friends, family, or coworkers, so discrimination isn't an issue and won't be.
>>
>>7607375
>My girlfriend accepts me being trans.
>But she is adamant that me being a girl is absolutely not what she wants.

This relationship isnt going to work. You two need to break up or somehow find some middleground some how. More than likely, you wont and this will get dragged out for years until one of you cheats or gives up the ghost. Sit her down, discuss this, but know that you two aren't compatible and that you will break up eventually so its better to have it happen sooner rather than later.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.