[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Focused Anime/Manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

What are some good anime/manga series focused around a transgender (preferably mtf) person?

Houro Musoko was horribly bland to me by the way
>>
>>7592544
Bokura no hentai
>>
Kuragehime? I watched it a while ago so I can't quite remember but they might have danced around whether they were trans or just dressing in feminine clothes.
>>
>>7592544
Sorry for the reddit link but it's a pretty good post

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/3e1hka/any_good_trans_themed_manga/

Also yes Hourou musuko is pretty bad desu
>>
File: 03487589237.jpg (118KB, 728x1014px) Image search: [Google]
03487589237.jpg
118KB, 728x1014px
>>7592544
Kyoukai no nai Sekai was short and good. I felt jealous of the main character though.

Shishunki Bitter Change is technically more gender bender than trans, but the girl character that gets swapped into the guy body pretty much just feels how an MtF does as the story progresses.
>>
>>7592544

This list pretty much has them all:
https://kitsunetoneko.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/transgender-manga-masterpost/

Only ones I would add are Himegoto Juukyuusai no Seifuku (one of the three MCs is trans) and Boku girl (technically a gender bender).
>>
>>7592544
Bokura no hentai, one chapter near the end aside (you'll know when you hit it)
Shimanami no tasogare has a gay main and a trans character who the current arc seems to be built around.
Hanayome to motodanshi is entry-level but cute.

>>7592595
Actually reading himegoto jyukyuusai right now (found it through yuri-with-dicks on [spoiler]tumblr[/spoiler]) and it's... kind of a mess. not sure if I'd recc, though I'm not done yet.
>>
>>7592544
It wasn't even really about a transperson in the end. The director did have the guts to finish it and make it about a transperson. So instead it was basically a show with a stupidly slow plot where high-school kids cossdressed.

:( Pissed me off so much.
>>
File: Yourname.jpg (43KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
Yourname.jpg
43KB, 350x260px
>>7592544
how has no one mentioned Kimi no Na wa?? Perfect movie for mtfs / cuteboy ftms.
>>
>>7593695
This. Three fucking cross dressing plays, a host of useless side characters that added nothing to the story, no one in the story even seems to react to Nitori and Takatsuki being trans with maybe the exception of Nitori's sister. Also kinda pisses me off that there's no mention of HRT or surgery despite the story featuring an adult trans women. I mean for fuck sake's Nitori purposely cuts her hair super short and goes to a fucking boy's school.

>>7593819
Great movie but isn't about being trans.
>>
>>7593839
>Also kinda pisses me off that there's no mention of HRT or surgery despite the story featuring an adult trans women.

It's Japan lmao.
>>
>>7593839
Yeah i guess, I mean it definitely gave me heavy trans feels but yeah you are right the movie definitely isn't about being trans. I think it at least allows you to entertain the idea that one of the characters may be trans but it definitely isn't explicitly said so.
>>
>>7593871
Yeah it's sort of weird. It doesn't really mention gender all that much aside from the initial bathroom/boob jokes but both characters seem to enjoy being in the other's body and don't seem to really mind being the opposite sex all that much. Now that I think about it the girl does explicitly mention wanting to be a boy in the early part of the movie and really seems to enjoy seducing that one woman.
>>
>>7592544
Bokura no Hentai is still my favorite trans manga.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.