[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transgender Misdiagnosis Epidemic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: brain.png (252KB, 1052x590px) Image search: [Google]
brain.png
252KB, 1052x590px
Are too many people being misdiagnosed as transgender these days?

It seems like people are just turning to the possibility that they may be transgender the instant their life goes off track. How many of these people are suffering from depression or other psychological ailments that could be helped without the need for hormone treatment and surgery?
>>
File: 34059.png (1MB, 524x1456px) Image search: [Google]
34059.png
1MB, 524x1456px
>>7582918
There have only been a few recorded cases of misdiagnoses resulting in transitions (pic related being the most famous example) but ultimately they didn't result in any significant psychological damage and the victims were able to successfully assimilate.
>>
>>7582948
Successfully assimilate into what, a comfortable state of mind, the gender they transitioned into or back into society?
>>
This is probably true.
It makes me super paranoid, because my therapist told me I had gender dysphoria, and I told my parents. No more than a month later the Caitlyn Jenner thing happened. My life went off track AFTER that. It is difficult to understand what to believe anymore. It's gotten to be such a screw up that I just don't even want to acknowledge it. Honestly, crying in the bathroom at work when my body wants to destroy itself is easier than dealing with this sociopolitical B.S.
>>
>>7583035
: (
>>
>>7582948
is that why you post whoever this is constantly?
>>
File: go-away.gif (1MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
go-away.gif
1MB, 350x197px
>>7582918
>Are too many people being misdiagnosed as transgender these days?

What do you care?
Mind your own business.
>>
>>7583128
>caring about people's well-being is wrong

O-ok
>>
>>7583145
>micromanaging other people's lives is caring

O-ok
>>
>>7583204
It should be micromanaging because the combination of physical & psychosomatic elements cause each case to be unique.
>>
>>7583035
Gender is just a meme, how you act and react to things depends on how much of a faggot you are. You can be a girl and not work-out or be a girl that does work-out. You can be a guy who wears long sleeves or a guy that wears no sleeves. "Men" like looking at boobs and "Women" like looking at muscles, whereas both actually generally like strong partners in terms of independence and self-reliance - you could be the world's worst trap and easily score a lover if you actually don't care what other people think of you. Once you hit 22+years-old nobody cares how attractive you are unless you are actively going out to random people and trying to sex them up. You can be the prettiest girl in the world or the most attractive man and no one will care - they'll only take notice of you if you differ from 80% of the surrounding people AND THEN just take note of you and move on, much like a black man in a white neighborhood or a poor person in a wealthy suburb or a burn victim among non-burn victims - unless they have a reason to get to know you like work or school they will absolutely care not that you exist.

If your goal in life is to be the prettiest girl in the world or the most handsome man in the world go for it - keep in mind most "hetero" people stop caring about such vain things in their early 20s once all the school BS is done. You could probably score a "hetero" lover if they were planning to adopt anyways or an older (40+) hetero lover if they're bored in life and want to have sex a lot.

If you're worried about your diagnosis, if you want to be a stereotypical version of that sex then you probably are misdiagnosed. For example, if you are a guy and want to be a pretty girl for the sake of a pretty girl then you definitely are not as much a woman as someone who experiences pain in her uterus whenever they work out too hard (with occasional heavy bleeding) or gets uncomfortable as people look at your chest instead of listening to you. (cont.)
>>
>>7583310
(cont.) if you want to be a "girl" in abstract sense you can be at anytime without the need for surgeries on your genitals or hormones in your body - you'll just might be "ugly" in the physical sense as anyone who isn't an ideal looking "girl", with hormones and etc. you'd be a prettier "girl" but not have all the functional sexual organs to be a full physical woman. If you want to be an actual woman you can't - you wouldn't be able to have babies in your uterus grow with random waist pains and feeling the baby kicks and etc. Within the next 100 years you probably can be an actual woman but just like the hons you've missed out.
(I'm pretty sure brain swaps will actually be a thing to make it work (it's been done with animals 50 years ago already, just getting the body to move is the hard part but with stem cells it should be easy), along with artificial organs (although making and ova in an artificial organ and having them functional in the body probably would be difficult to achieve).)

But if you want to be a girl you can. Same for being a guy. just do it. yesterday you said tomorrow.
>>
>>7583297
>other people can't live their lives correctly without me telling them what to do

O-ok
>>
>>7582957
Probably state of mind.

>>7582918
I've seen a few guys stop transitioning when they found out they were just sexually aroused by becoming a girl as opposed to actually wanting to be a girl (one ofthem found out it was actually because they felt ashamed for wanting to like boobs and too shy to talk to women) Pretty retarded stuff but it does happen, especially amongst high schoolers.
>>
>>7582918
Do you realize how few trans people there are and how little it comes up in real life?

If you really think doctors are treating it like it's an epidemic, you have tunnel vision.
>>
>>7583310
Thank you! I agree completely.
I'm >>7583035

Sexuality doesn't play into it hardly at all. I only take hormones & stuff to make my brain sync better with my body. I used to go to a support group that slowly filled with people obsessed with sexual/social identity stuff. Now I can't go there anymore. Sure, romance is great, but that isn't the problem. The problem is going out on campus & having half the people go "Aww, I sympathize with you." and the other half going "Oh, an attention seeking poser." I'm not even that obviously trans, but all this attention sucks.
>>
>>7583128
>I DON'T WANT THEIR TO BE A CIVIL DISCUSSION ABOUT A TOPIC.
>>
>>7582918
Gender dysphoria can be cured with a few surgeries and relatively low-risk drugs with well understood side effect profiles. If you had a way to do the same for depression, you'd win a Nobel Prize.
>>
>>7583351
>If you want to be an actual woman you can't - you wouldn't be able to have babies in your uterus grow with random waist pains and feeling the baby kicks and etc.
as an intersex afab woman, fuck you
>>
>>7583729
Too bad FFS and VFS, the most important surgeries for passing, aren't covered by insurance. While GRS, the surgery that deals with something that 99.9% of people are never going to see, is actually covered.
>>
File: 435345.png (2MB, 1064x1336px) Image search: [Google]
435345.png
2MB, 1064x1336px
>>7583126
Do you really not know who he is?
>>
>>7583351
>tfw uterus transplants are gonna be a thing in 10-20 years and I'm gonna prove this guy wrong
>>
>>7583413
>Do you realize how few trans people there are and how little it comes up in real life?
as a tranny (specifically, a trans guy young enough and autistic enough that most of my friends are teenagers who are or claim to be trannies), it's pretty clear to me overdiagnosis is real
have you read the 2015 united states transgender survey? the official number it came up with was 1 in 150 people being trans, and 35% of these people being nonbinary. if that sounds suspect to you at all...
>>
>>7584084
It sounds like a lot of young people, when given the option, don't want to confirm to perceived gender stereotypes. They should be allowed that option if they desire it, within a capitalist society.
>>
File: downfall.jpg (1MB, 768x1600px) Image search: [Google]
downfall.jpg
1MB, 768x1600px
>>7582918
Yes.
>>
>>7584114
there is a massive difference between not conforming to gender roles and having transsexualism
also, most of these people are pretty gender-conforming when you get down to it, the actually gnc people i know tend to just be cis lesbians
>>
>>7584172
I know exactly what you mean. You could consider me one of those cis lesbians. It's just that women are allowed to be gnc in more situations and environments than men. Kind of sucks for dudes.

>capcha MAGNUM Hospital
Noice
>>
>>7582918
I agree. Lots of people i see claiming trans are in fact just weird nerds who failed at everything and think turning into their most desired object will fix their shit lives. Truth is that if you never had dysphoria as a child then yoy ain't trans, regardless of how well you may pass.
>>
>>7584318
almost every one of these people is natal female, the only natal male i can think of who i know offline and thought was trendscum is probably legit mtf
>>
>>7582918
Even if it is a misdiagnosis, isn't the placebo effect somewhat useful in this scenario. They think the hormones and the surgery will make them better, and therefore it does.
>>
>>7582948
Wyatt Maines is famous, and he successfully dealt with being treated as a girl and transitioning. Ultimately he, now she is no worse off in the long term due to the changes to her body. She did end up having issues with bathrooms in school, but ultimately that was resolved too.
>>
>>7584349
not that other person, but
>at a meetup
>identify myself as nonbinary (AMAB)
>share that I'm seeking hrt to manage dysphoria
>a transgirl, visibly flabbergasted, says "wait really?"
>later, ask her why she was surprised
>she responds, "because most people who say they're nonbinary are just girls"

is it true? have I really just been a girl all this time?
>>
>>7584349
Yeah. I mean, I'm cis les but take SARMs for SICK GAINS and how good they make me feel. I love it so much. There's loads of guys in femgen who probably feel the same. There's the real gender non-conforming people.

I'd say once you start taking drugs to feel better by still identify as your birth gender you're probably in gnc territory.
>>
>>7584344
says the cam whore
>>
>>7584051
i imagine if i said yes you wouldn't believe me

>>7584383
>>7584349
i'm transitioning mtf but hate labels, gender roles, and conformity in general. the term is kind of appealing but i don't feel like i fit in with the nb people i've met
>>
>>7584431
Don't slut shame me
>>
>>7584370
placebos are useful when they aren't actually doing anything other than helping mentally, surgery makes a considerable change
>>
>>7584506
don't misappropriate transgenderism
>>
>>7584512
Lol wut, I'm trutrans
>>
>>7584401
>I'd say once you start taking drugs to feel better by still identify as your birth gender you're probably in gnc territory.
what if you take drugs to feel better but identify as NB

Honestly all the NB's I've seen offline actually take T or HRT, I don't know if it's my age or location (eastern yurop)
>>
>>7584018
>>7584018
you aren't a woman. you are a thing. a mistake more or less. it happens. most of us are fucked up one way or another.
>>
>>7585304
k
>>
desu i'd rather be a dickless ayyden than a hon. That's why i transitioned so suddenly and quickly.
>>
>>7582918
Id think so....theres lots of "trans" who really have...

-autism
-inferiority complexes
-bad upbringing issues (want to be another gender because their born gender was shown to be shitty)

or other stuff.
>>
>>7584344
Good thing you are finally acknowledging you are not trans but a dirty fetishist getting off to the idea of being a 50s housewife.

Truth is that you never had dysphoria and that you are just an autistic crossdresser who's trying to impersonate a real transgender person.
>>
>>7584114
>within a capitalist society.
wat
>>
>>7582948
>but ultimately they didn't result in any significant psychological damage and the victims were able to successfully assimilate.
Is that true though? Wyatt/Nicole could have many issues because of transitioning without being trans.
>>
>>7585658
That's fine, do whatever you want. It would be nice if that was a different thing, though. Hormones and therapy designed around actual body dysphoria will not help them and it makes the people who are actually transgendered misunderstood.
>>
>>7582948
>There have only been a few recorded cases of misdiagnoses resulting in transitions
bet it happens all the time.
>>
>>7583310
This post is a bunch of autistic bullshit. Not Everyone is a failure in life like you anon.
>>
>>7584344
Pot meet kettle
>>
>>7585768
Supply and demand, bitch! If there's a demand, you bet your ass it'll be supplied.
>>
>>7586220
So I have to get a patreon going to fund my transition or what?
>>
This thread is really dumb
>>
>>7586253
Rich kids don't have these problems if they daddies money. That's where the real demand is. Suburban kids exploring sexuality with their parents cash.

But sure, try a gofundme or whatever.
>>
>>7586956
That sounds a little ignorant
>>
>>7587273
They have the money and the social support to do it. We're talking non binary and gender nonconforming teens to twenties here.
>>
>>7586956
The internet can be my daddy!
>>
>>7586956
i'm the anon surrounded by trendscum
i live in a decaying working class area
it's everywhere
>>
>>7584148
Hes a disney villian named Narcissa. Hes agp with assburgers who wants to be narcissistic but hes too fucking socially retarded to accomplish any sort of standardized achievement and comes off incredibly awkward instead. If he just chilled down the fucking crazy, hed be fine. Its hard to take him serious when hes dancing around his house like a fucking lunatic rat thats about to chlorform and assfuck me for 7 hours while goodbye horses plays.
>>
>>7584075

>tfw motoko inspires me

I don't know why, and I obviously don't want to be a robot like her. Something about her stoicism and the purple hair and the fact she is a cold ruthless killer and a leader just makes it.
>>
>>7589454
I feel like I didn't used to self-insert as her at all, I used to self-insert as characters who are, in retrospect, annoying BPD brats who need to sort out their issues (Asuka, etc). But now that I'm older, I really identify with Motoko. She's someone who has obviously been through a lot, and it's hardened her, but she's still a woman with hopes, fears, sexuality, and things she genuinely enjoys. It actually makes me want to start diving, since I wanted to be a marine biologist before all this trans shit happened.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.