[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a link between single motherhood and LGBT kids?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1471144534308.jpg (16KB, 268x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471144534308.jpg
16KB, 268x246px
Is there a link between single motherhood and LGBT kids?
>>
I had a single mother and I ended up trans
>>
Most trans people I know have no father in their life
>>
File: keanu reeves.png (1MB, 722x1240px) Image search: [Google]
keanu reeves.png
1MB, 722x1240px
>>7579233
Most if not all early transitioners have both a supportive mother and father.
>>
>>7579240
Same. Or an abusive father. Bonus points if they were abusive then left.
>>
>>7579233
I had no men in my life--single mom, single grandmother, widow great grandmother, two aunts, a great aunt, all female cousins, and all my childhood friends were girls. I don't think you need to labor over what happened.
>>
>>7579233

Parents are still happily married. Sister's not gay.
>>
>>7579257
Are you a tranny
>>
my parents stayed married

my dad was around though admittedly not the greatest male role model...

my mom was actively harmful and i developed a lot of my early feminist interest as a way of understanding and rejecting the culture that turned her into such a twisted, hurtful person
>>
>>7579269
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I'm happy though. My family were obviously supportive, and I had no problems finding a nice boyfriend.
>>
>>7579233
parents got divorced when I was 10 (he wasn't violent or anything, just irreconcilable differences), still saw my father regularly, mom got remarried when I was 14. still ended up a tranny
>>
>>7579233
Cis gay male with a single mom and one grandma.
>>
Binary straight mtf
>good parents
>two older brothers
>uncles everywhere
>from poor coutry where being a girl dosn't give you any privileges (funny enough we have a lot more FtMs here)

Still played with the girls or non-agressive boys. Hated any manly activities.
>>
>>7579233
Parents still married. FTM. My sexuality is idk.
>>
>>7579279
Exact same here!
except my mum didn't remarry, she just had many many "boyfriends"
>>
>>7579235
>>7579240
>>7579249
>>7579257
>>7579279
>>7579288
>>7579703
And people still say being trans or gay in inborn...
>>
>>7579744
It's not.
T. Faggot
>>
>>7579744
Friendly reminder, this board is far from being an accurate representation of the community at large, like most of 4chan when compared to their normie counterparts (/fa/ compared to mainstream fashion gurus, /tv/ compared to reglar cinephiles, /v/ and most gamers, etcetera)
>>
>>7579233
ftm here
I have to support my siblings and my single mother.
>>
>>7579744
Here is a tip.
Almost all the lgbt people that do not fit your description will assume this is a troll thread and ignore it.

If you really want some progress on the topic find out what the percentage of white lgbt people is vs black lgbt.
>>
I'm 27, and my parents are still together. So, probably not. Not a happy marriage, but whatever.

My sister is most definitely straight.
>>
>>7581635

You're the man of the house.
>>
File: 1483527551719.jpg (81KB, 758x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1483527551719.jpg
81KB, 758x1026px
>>7579233
I was raised by a single dad and I grew up gay as fuck.
>>
my parents have been married 20 years and aren't likely to divorce anytime soon and i'm gay and trans. fwiw though, neither of them were or are very good at parenting in general.
>>
I am a tranny who was raised by both parents

Checkmate poltards
>>
File: 1483604492308.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483604492308.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>brother and I grew up with no father figure
>now both of us are fags

probably just a coincidence.
>>
I had a normal family, but my dad died when I was 9. I'm a dyke and I'm 5'10, broad shouldered, and flat chested. I'm pretty sure it's a hormonal thing.
>>
>>7582358
You realized subconsciously that you had to be the man of the family and your body became masculine as a result. If your dad had lived you'd be a feminine straight girl.
>>
>>7582358
same, dad died when i was 14 and puberty turned me into a broad shouldered, flat chested dyke with jimmy long limbs syndrome. though i was always ugly as fuck for a female, because of prominent brow ridge and big ass jaw\head. either fucked up hormonal balance or in the absence of a better candidate i trannified myself into the man of the house
>>
>>7582358
>>7582381
>>7582428
Is this a real thing? Sounds like some serious broscience to me.
>>
>>7582455
no it's bullshit i'd probably have turned out like this anyway, we're joking. but if it was real it'd be like those fish that do the switcheroo if the school doesn't have enough males\females
>>
There are many factors involved in being an MSG and not all of them are present when you are born.

Generally, attraction is more like a series of aspects that a person likes than it is a strict man/woman line. People do not like women, per say, but people like wide hips, and breasts, and thin shoulders. It is society, instead, that tells people that those are female traits and attaches them to the vagina.

I myself, as a cis bi man, have experienced periods where I think exclusively about femininity and periods when I think exclusively about masculinity. I cannot speak for everyone, but at the very least I am aware of the possibility that a person's sexuality can change, or at least shift.

If you search "shifting sexuality" online, you get a LOT of reports about trans peoples' sexuality undergoing shifts as they undergo hormonal transitioning, especially trans men who are injected with testosterone. Even with no actual data, it seems that there's likely at least SOME way or another to change sexuality using hormones.

My current working hypothesis- I'm not a scientist, but I don't really have another word for a Thing That I Think And Use To Think About Other Things- is that, much like near-literally everything else about the human mind, people have a tendency towards a certain nature that may be diverted, obscured, or added to with nurture. Also much like many of these things, this is likely to be malleable mostly in childhood, and becomes obdurate as we age.

So yeah, probably there's SOME link between single mothers and LGBT kids, because a single mother instead of a two-parent household holds a different emotional landscape for a child. At this moment, assuming the link was positive or negative would either require us to know every possible thing that changes between a single-parent and two-parent household regarding the child as well as full knowledge of the child themselves, which is impossible; or it would simply be bad, presumptory logic.
>>
>>7579233
Yes, feminism.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.