[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is homosexuality observed in non-human animals but transgenderism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8515.jpg (57KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8515.jpg
57KB, 604x453px
Why is homosexuality observed in non-human animals but transgenderism isn't?
>>
Transgenderism maybe not but there is transsexualism. There's female hyenas that can simulate male genitals and certain species of clownfish can go from male to female sexuality
>>
>>7578512
>implying
>>
>>7578520
Yeah, but that's not the same.
>>
>>7578512

B-because non-human animals can't order skittles online?
>>
>>7578512
Animals don't have the concept of gender. They have certain body parts or don't. They don't associate traits with physical attributes because they don't have the society we do
>>
>>7578512
actually it is - many other animals imitate the opposite sex, and some even physically change sex.
>>
My grandmother had a female schnauzer that insisted on lifting her leg when she peed.

Shit happens.
>>
>>7578547
Give examples
>>7578550
My female dogs do that sometimes, too
>>
>>7578557
http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/22/7-gender-bending-animals/
>>
Who the fuck would give an animal a sex change? That is the most retarded thing I've seen
>>
>>7578570
Well they do get neutered and spayed, which causes behavioral changes.
>>
File: IMG_8455.jpg (313KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8455.jpg
313KB, 1500x1500px
>>7578566
Wow, thanks.
>>7578570
That's not what I'm asking, fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: 571121a11600002b0031bd22.jpg (53KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
571121a11600002b0031bd22.jpg
53KB, 630x419px
>>7578512
>but transgenderism isn't?

guess, the way existence works is, if YOU determine the world works a way comfortable for YOU, thats the way it is and always will be :3
>>
>>7578512
How would we even know?
Its easy to observe homosexual behavior (do they fuck animals of the same gender?)

But how would we know whether they feel they are the wrong gender? They certainly can't tell us even if they did.

I'm not saying they do (personally I doubt they have high enough thought process for that sorta thing) I'm just saying theres no way for us to fucking know.
>>
Because gender is a human social construct, my guy.
>>
>>7578512
the 'homosexuality' of nonhuman animals is far more like transsexualism, specifically what blanchard calls homosexual transsexualism, than what is usually thought of as homosexuality in the west
homosexual animals almost always act like the opposite natal sex in personality as well as sexuality
>>
>>7578520
I've heard about sheep that acted like the opposite sex and had to be placed with them for things to work
>>
>>7578512
Gender is a social construct. To have a concept of gender identity, you should have a working society (ants, high primates), and to have the concept of wrong body image, you have to have the concept of self (which comes with sapience). Determining 'My body feels wrong' requires extremely high level reasoning, which is not found in animals. If an animal like thus existed, it would be sentient and sapient.
>>
>>7578512
Well some species do naturally change sex or have alternative sexual expression but more significantly there are intersex conditions amoung them and transsexuality is most likely kind of a neurological "intersex" condition. I use the quotes because medically intersex specifically refers to genetic conditions though there's lack of a better term for epigenetic conditions that have results that are somehow between the sexes.

Additionally one would have to wonder how exactly you'd identify a transgender animal since other species generally don't have the sexually associated visual presentations that humans do with makeup and clothes. Maybe your pet or any random creature IS the animal equivalent of a tranny but lacks means to express it or conceive of the idea of transition.
>>
Because animals don't stop mid gender switch. They switch as their species needs.
>>
>>7578512
>what's Nemo
>>
File: cuttlefish.jpg (492KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cuttlefish.jpg
492KB, 2560x1600px
>>7578512
Cuttlefish
http://www.livescience.com/21374-cuttlefish-gender-bending-disguise.html
>>
>>7578619
Kek even among animals the bottom looks like a faggot.
>>
>>7582923
People/animals are the bottom for a reason.
>>
it is though
>>
File: _20170116_134852.jpg (8KB, 130x159px) Image search: [Google]
_20170116_134852.jpg
8KB, 130x159px
>>7582923
>>
File: British Empire.jpg (40KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
British Empire.jpg
40KB, 400x580px
>>7578619
>>
clownfish.
Finding nemo erased a transgender part in both nemo and marlin's lives.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.