[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some ftm meme names?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6004.jpg (67KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6004.jpg
67KB, 625x415px
what are some ftm meme names?
>>
Chad, Ryan, Justin, Nick, Aidan suddenly jumped out to me
>>
>>7573222
oliver, lucas, emmett, jasper, kai, and all variants of such
those are, in decreasing order of popularity, the current ftm meme names
names like skylar and aiden are outdated and much less popular now than there used to be
there are also some common male names that are the only common male names trans guys ever pick: daniel (especially shortened to danny), alex, and ryan
>>
>>7573253
>>7573276
What draws FTMs to these names, and MTFs to their meme names?
>>
>>7573283
I dunno I with with sam because its both male and female. I wanted to change it to samantha but i dont pass well enough to go by that irl. saying a very boy or very girl name would be embarassing and scary
>>
>>7573222
Trent
>>
>>7573287
That's a good point, I love unisex names that are also feminine.
>>
>>7573283
everyone in a certain generation likes the same names -- trans people name themselves the same things their cis peers name their children
this is more obvious on the ftm side because most of those names are pretty new but alice, the most meme mtf name there is, has become extremely popular for baby girls
>>
You forgot Zander, that one is kinda popular for some reason.
>>
I went with a unisex name and got people addressing me by that name about a year before I actually came out. Worked out perfectly.
>>
>>7573253
these are good
>>7573283
I imagine its how the person wants to be perceived. For many its sex appeal, but it might be about an image someone is trying to identify with... others choose names that are popular where they live i imagine. I was surprised when GG chose, Gigi, which is a very "vintage" name.
>>
>ywn be a cis girl who gets called by your meme name by people thinking you just got given it at birth

>>7573324
How did you get them to accept a random name change?
>>
>>7573346
Easy, I always despised my old name. My friends called me by other nicknames as it was already.
>>
>>7573369
Why did you dislike it? Too gendered?
>>
>>7573398
That, and I was given the name by my parents for really stupid reasons.

Also everyone adjusted to the switch pretty easily because I kept getting told that apparently my new name just fit me way better. It wasn't my first pick but it was the name that people gravitated towards the most.
>>
>>7573287
I'm the ftm version of you, only I legally changed everything to Samuel but still go by Sam.

My mother wanted to give me a name that could be shortened to a unisex name. Was almost Nicole-Nick or Alexandria-Alex.

>j-jokes on you mum, I'm a boy
>>
>>7573421
>I was given the name by my parents for really stupid reasons.
I think that's most names.

>It wasn't my first pick
Why did you choose it over others?
>>
>>7573253
>Aiden

That's not how you spell Aiydynne
>>
>>7573430
>My mother wanted to give me a name that could be shortened to a unisex name.
But she could have done that for a boy too...
>>
MtF, I don't think my name is meme but I picked it because I felt like it was mine. It kinda came to me and it felt like I always knew it, and it always fit me and my personality. I felt a physical wave of relief over it.
>>
I see Andrew, James, and Vincent pretty often too. Most often it's "what show is popular?" cause FTMs will adopt those character names.
>>
>>7573430
I went from Sam to Samantha, but for now at least I'm making people call me samantha.
>>
I have a cismale cousin named Skyler, such a dumb name. I hated it from the get go, even when he wasba shitty baby.
>>
What is so bad about choosing a popular name?
>>
>>7573764
choosing a name popular amongst people much younger than you (which you did, fiona) means your name is way too young on you and sounds stupid
it also gives off special snowflake vibes by implying that names which fit with your age (don't have to be common, just have to have been more common then than they are now) are too normie for you
>>
>>7573775
A lot of "trending" baby names have been around for centuries, idiot.

And I chose Fiona because my birth name is Finn...it's also an old as fuck name.
>>
>>7573787
I mean, my birth name was Emma. But people will laugh me down if I choose Emmett.

I have a unisex middle name though, so I just use that.
>>
dementia dark'ness raven way
>>
>>7573455
That's the point.
>Sam
>Samantha/Samuel
>Nick
>Nicole/Nicholas
>Alex
>Alexander/Alexandria
>>
>>7573433
'cause like I said people said it fit me better and people being comfortable calling me a name I wanted even if it wasn't my first pick was more important
>>
>>7573283
Emmett and Jasper are characters from Twilight. Come to think of it, Jasper is married to Alice...
>>
>>7574014
feminine penis and masculine vagina confirmed
>>
Taylor is another one I see a lot. It is unisex too. Never heard of a FTM take Brad. So that is up for grabs. (The wanna be Chad haha)
>>
>>7573787
your birth name is FN2877? well damn. even storm troopers are trans.
>>
Was gonna go with Christine Taylor ----------- but im not sure about going with the fem version of Chris.
>>
>>7574232

No bloke has ever, ever, ever been called "Christine". Would recommend you avoid.
>>
>>7573222
god-tier name is just to ask your parents what they would have named you if you were born the opposite sex. obviously it won't work if your family isn't supportive, but it's so satisfying when you find out.

My mom is a big fan of Katherine Hepburn, so she was going to name me Catherine because she thought it would be easier for people to spell. I'm pretty happy with it, though I can't stand "Cathy". "Cat"'s cute though.
>>
>>7574282
>god-tier name is just to ask your parents what they would have named you if you were born the opposite sex.
What's so good about that?
>>
>>7574653
Timeline and regional variety
>>
>>7574232
I recommend Chandler instead of Taylor. It sounds very refined.
>>
>>7573253
I had three Nick's in my class why is that a meme name?
>>
>>7574669
Saw this post, wanted to make a joke, checked what it was replying to, realised you were making said joke yourself.
>>
>>7573276
Oliver is a common male name? Or is it not in the US..

I picked Callum because my birth name had no real male equivalents and my family wanted me to retain the "kah" sound at the beginning. But now I feel like it's a terrible meme name and deeply regret it , despite the fact that it's a normal male name where I live and I've known of one or two Callums irl.
>>
>>7575333
oliver is semi-common, i live in australia so it's popular here, but it was uncommon in the us until pretty recently
it is also extremely, disproportionately common for trans guys in every country regardless of its popularity history there
>>
mtfs seem to take stripper names or "traditional" names from their youth
>>
>>7573276
>Emmett, Jasper
TwiHard detected

>Kai
Listens to Kpop too
>>
>>7574282
i asked my mom what she would have named me had i been born amab and they are all FtM-tier names (oliver, lucas, skyler)
>>
>>7575395
why are ftms so embarrassing
>>
>>7574282
If I were born a girl, my parents would give me absolutly horrid, dreadful, disgusting and unfitting name that would most likely drive me into suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>7574282
My parents were going to name me Hamilton.
>>
My parents would've named me Stephanie, but I now have a cousin and two people at worked named that so I didn't think it was a good idea (plus I hate that name). I went with Elizabeth instead because for some reason, that's always been my favourite girl's name. Plus I can shorten it to a crap ton of things, so if I don't like the feel of Ellie, then I can go by Liz, or Beth, etc etc., whereas if I went by Alice (my middle name) and didn't like it four months down the line, I'm stuffed.

I only know two FTMs in real life, and they're called Ryan and Casey.
>>
>>7575416
>>7575696
Confirmed trutrans FTMs.

>>7575465
What was it?
>>
I liked the idea of asking my mom what she would have named me, because that's how normal people are named and I thought it would be a good way to involve her and hopefully get some approval from her. But she would have named me Robert, which I really don't like (or any variation).
I chose the name Ethan, which is similar to my birth name of Ellen and not too memey I hope.
>>
My family all had L middle names except me, so I took one. Took a common biblical boys name that rhymed with grand dads name.
>>
>>7573253
Did you get a fright?
>>
What are the meme mtf names?
>>
>>7573222
Any name similar to your birth name. My birth name was Gwen so I went with Glen before I realized how uncreative that was. I still go by Glen because I'm afraid to change my name again.
>>
>>7573443
Ayyden
>>
What are meme names for MTFs?
What are meme names for FTMs?
>>
>>7577283
kek'd
>>
>>7573798
It doesn't always work but Fiona is a nice name and literally the feminine version of Fionn (Finn).

I'm more concerned for mtfs who name themselves things like Carlotta.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZTAGNIVKrQ
>>
File: sweat.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>open this thread
>ctrl+f my own name
>no results
>>
I've seen a shitton of Fins and a few Elis, Peters and Olivers. Maybe all the ftms I know are just the type of people to pick names that wouldn't seem out of place in classic british children's novels.

I feel like mine is memey, but it's not common enough for people to think of it off the top of their head in threads like this.
>>
>>7577324
lilith, eve, any edgy folktale character names
>>
>>7576787
i know two cis weeaboo ethans. they are both affable white guys. i think you made a decent choice
>>
>>7577324
Jessica?
I've actually met quite a few MTF Jessicas, in my case that seems to be the most common.
>>
>>7577657
What is it?
>>
>>7573222

Avery. I know fucking heaps of FTM Averys.
>>
is riley a meme
>>7577671
>>
>>7579281
i didn't mean to quote >>7577671
>>
>tfw name not mentioned

Fuck yes, I passed the test.
>>
>tfw parents, aunts and uncles gave my would-be birth name to my siblings and cousins
That's what I get for being the oldest in a family with ridiculous naming traditions
>>
>>7579642
How many names are we talking about here? Did they name a bunch of people the same thing?
>>
>>7577657
Is Finn a common ftm name?

If so, I'm oddly flattered. I hated that name growing up.
>>
I went with Luke because if I had been born with a dick my Dad was probably going to call me that, he fucking loved Star Wars so you can guess where the inspiration probably came from.
>>
File: xander7.jpg (18KB, 340x322px) Image search: [Google]
xander7.jpg
18KB, 340x322px
>>7573316
>Zander
Only thing I can think of is that maybe a whole generation of FtMs grew up watching Buffy and really liked Xander, the character? That's such a weird name (as are all names in Buffy, Buffy, Tara, Willow, Angel,...) I don't know from where else you would get it.
>>
>>7581466
I had a (cismale) friend growing up that everyone called Xander. We had too many Alexander's.
>>
>>7579262
adrian
>>
>>7573846
>tfw no one will get this reference in 2017
>>
>>7574282
My parents were going to name me Nina if I had been AFAB, which I guess isn't so terrible but I still like self chosen Anna the best.

I did briefly debate going for Elsa but then I realized not only would it be painfully obvious from where that comes from but I can't come out looking anything but negative from any comparison to Elsa the Frozen Queen.

To be clear, I wanted to go for Anna before I ever saw Frozen, from at least 2011.
>>
>>7581481
literally everyone gets this reference you mong. it doesn't even make sense itt because if anything it'd be an mtf meme name
>>
>>7581439
>my Dad was probably going to call me that, he fucking loved Star Wars
So is your current name Leia?
>>
>>7581491
This is why gatekeeping
>>
>>7573276
>there are also some common male names that are the only common male names trans guys ever pick: daniel (especially shortened to danny), alex, and ryan
>tfw Daniel

In my defense, I was born Danielle, and my family and friends called me Danni. It was a fairly easy transition for them.

But they call me Dan now, not Danny.
>>
>>7579281
I wouldn't say so
>>
>>7581504
Nah, my past name wasn't Leia, but it did begin with L, I think my mum chose my birth name (I changed it five years ago).
>>
>>7581521
>This is why gatekeeping
what? And why? I don't think there's anything AGP or whatever in the comment you responded to.
>>
>>7574282
I would do this, but they gave that name to my sister instead
>>
>>7581596
Anna is cool, don't listen to gatekeeping anon.
>>
>>7577635
Is it Elliot?
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.