[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I sent my best friend a message coming out..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: I need a drink.jpg (9KB, 220x179px) Image search: [Google]
I need a drink.jpg
9KB, 220x179px
I sent it over an hour ago and he still has responded. This is the first non internet person I've came out to so I'm kind of freaking out... He's definitely not homophobic but still I'm worried that I'll be treated differently now, which is why I'm in the closet despite every family member telling they would be okay if I was gay (I think they probably think I am???) sorry if this is rambly I think I'm having an anxiety attack.
>>
>>7572495
Have they seen the message? Maybe they're just busy
>>
>>7572495
>TFW you don't even look when you get a message sometimes, and reply a day or so later all the fucking time
I'd be a terrible friend...
>>
>>7572495
calm down, everything will be fine.

He probably has something to do and didn't look at it yet. Maybe he's also thinking about what to write to make you feel better about this. He's your friend and he will be no matter what, nothing bad will happen.
And after all, you'll be a lot happier once you're out, it's an incredible liberating feeling being accepted (or worst case: no being shunned) by the people close to you.

Everything will be fine. You're a good person. You're loved.
>>
>>7572639
he was doing college HW last time I messaged him... so idk
>>7572701
but why not
>>7572723
ty
>>
>>7572495
I pretended I was drunk when I came out to my friends. I didn't come out to my friends. We were all on Skype. I laughed and changed the subject.
>>
>>7574235
uhh, I'm confused
>>
>>7572495
You shouldnt come out over text to someone.

This is why I came out to all my close friends in real life to put them in a position that they couldn't escape from. I wanted to see their immediate reaction and how they dealt with it, and also for them to realise I wasn't joking.

Will he change? Depends on the guy. I've come out to like 6 close friends and every single one of them (except one) changed in some degree. It's very basic shit that only happens like every 1 in 100 times you hang out with them, but you'll notice it.

For example, have a friend who likes to 'rearange' his junk sometimes? I turned my head to look at him when he was rearanging his junk and he immdedietly took his hand out of his pants as fast as he can. If he thought I was straight he probably wouldn't have cared. Stuff like play-wrestling, getting pushed into the pool, 'hey lets all take our clothes off and run around drunk' all those moments are gone now that you are gay.

They'll hesitate on stuff, you can't touch or hug them now, and they're all going to ask you if you think they're attractive.
>>
>>7574367
This is why I'm so hesitant to come out. I love hanging out with my friends, horsing around and stuff. But I also hate pretending to like women, pretending to like stereotypically masculine things. It really gets old. Why can't I have just have the best of both?
>>
>>7572495
I'm the same way
everyone already thinks I'm gay and have implied to me its ok
but somethings holding me back from coming out
I just don't want to be treated differently or be the center of gossip
>>
OP Checking in. He still hasn't replied to the Discord message, and I'm sick now :/. The stress might be a/the cause of it
>>
>>7574398

hesitating to come out because then you won't be able to perve on your friends is a lousy reason imho
>>
>>7578380
I never said that... Horsing around is like rough housing. Nothing pervey about wrestling a little. I was a wrestler for like 9 years anyways
>>
>>7578453
Actually there is. But straight guys like to pretend there isn't. It would be hard to keep pretending if they did it with a gay guy though.
>>
>>7578465
o-oh
>Not being able to be overpowered by MMA friend despite better technique and then straddled after being pinned
why live
>>
>>7578507
I was agreeing with, "Nothing pervey about wrestling a little," and then I read this. Now I wish I wrestled in high school. The guys on the wrestling team were pretty mean, though. Then again, it would have been nice to wrestle them into submission. Hmm
>>
>>7578282
i wouldn't stress it, easier said than done perhaps i appreciate. maybe next time have the conversation face to face rather than via text? then at least there will be no anxiety waiting for a response
>>
>>7579300
I actually left wrestling because I realized I was gay popped a boner while being pinned one time and the guy who I was usually partnered with in practice was super cute :/
>>7579325
It would be better for sure but since high school ended me and my friends mainly keep in touch by gaming and discord, and this is my best friend who I talk to daily...
>>
>>7579325
Lol imagine your friend sitting across from you staring for an hour.
>>
>>7579741
I giggled
>>
>>7572495
Man, I was like 90% sure my best friends already knew, so when he sent me a message about hoping in to game, I just went for it and blurted out that I was busy talking to a cute boy, he took it in stride, and it was all chill, he joshed me a bit later, the usual "So...storytime?" that my group gives to straight guys, and that's when I knew that it didn't change anything.

Most guys in our generation are chill as fuck.
>>
>>7572495
>He's definitely not homophobic
They all are on the outside.
Enjoy the feeling of losing your best friend.
The rest will soon follow.
>>
>>7572495
good luck, fellow legbutt.

you are not alone.
>>
>Be at bros wedding
>get drunk becauses its the only way I can relax and lower my defenses
>still feel like a freak because everyone knows

I wonder how many are actually catholic..
>>
>>7580537
this is my greatest fear.
>>
>>7572495
For context, where do you live? There's a big difference between Texas and Ontario.
>>
Just replace him with a female best friend.
>>
>>7584654
Washington state
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.