[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armchair psychology thread - quibbling over definitions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: freud.jpg (636KB, 1412x2000px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
636KB, 1412x2000px
So, I've been theorizing in a traditional rationalist manner about how to go about explaining sexuality in a more comprehensive manner that attempts to make sense of kinks, power dynamics and general anomalies.

People often make a mistake in how they identify sexuality by generalising specific preferences and instances of sexual expression. The mistake is committing a category error of over-simplification by making the gay - straight spectrum a model to encompass all sexual behavior.

Instead, I would argue that sexuality can be divided into different hierarchical categories or subsets with different degrees of interplay. For instance, whether you consider yourself gay, straight or bi, should be considered your primary mode of attraction, and the primary subset. This defines your main sexual impetus, what kind of partner you are most willing to pursue.

The secondary subset relates to your personality type, to what extent you are defined as dominant or submissive. As it is not the primary category, it does not most basically the kind of partner you are after, but it does produce another level of selection between different partners of the same sex, and it may under specific circumstances manifest in homosexual displays of dominance, in spite of the primary mode of attraction, due to the tension created by the social imbalance.

The third and least category is the category of paraphilias. Parahilias are those sexual desires or fixations on objects not typically associated with sexual activity. They may arise from the period of sexual maturation, when certain concepts are tied up with sexual attitudes and become associated with the same.

These categories describe different levels of interaction on a subconscious, emotional level, which combine in various ways to produce the different expressions of sexuality we know.
>>
Does any of this seem reasonable to anyone else?
>>
>>7553893
Op sounds like your not a faggot. Though, I think everything has a cause, including being gay.

I agree with most, but many of these are determined by our parents, and experiences in life.
>>
>>7553951
I'm not gay, no. I identify as straight, but if I told someone about all my sexual activities and fantasies, they might think of me as a 1 on the Kinsey scale - incorrectly, in my opinion.

The Kinsey scale is after all, and useful more as a political tool than anything else.
>>
>>7553966
is after all, fairly subjective*
>>
>>7553966
Good point.

Really causations are the big thing for me.

Gayness is caused by hormone imbalances, need for same sex affection due to missing parent, rape causing an association with pleasure, desire to fit in, and all kinds of things.

Other kinks are often caused as an associative effect. I have a rather suppressed femdom fetish due to a femanazi mother, because I associated domination with motherhood, and motherhood is associated with a mate, obviously.

Other things can be a sort of coping mechanism, pains, or intense feelings turning sexual, or just sexual events being associated and stuck to non sexual things (like glasses)
>>
>>7554038
I don't think of homosexuality as a subversion of heterosexuality, because I don't think heterosexuality is in any way pre-established. The same mechanisms that cause people to be straight can also cause them to be gay, so if anything the mechanism is subverted, not the orientation itself.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.