[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transitioning from boy to....woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

The idea is basically this.
A thread for those of who transitioned between 17-19, as in either side of 18. You grew up as a boy, but on that boundary between being a child and adulthood, you transition and end up going straight to woman, skipping past being a man.

How do you deal with being an adult woman without experiencing a girlhood and no time to establish yourself as a man the way late transitioners do?
And how do you deal with just barley missing out on having a childhood as a girl?
>>
>>7524132
>no time to establish yourself as a man the way late transitioners do?

I never established myself as a man, just a post-adolescent filled with confusion and despair

t. transitioning late at 25
>>
>>7524132
>you transition and end up going straight to woman,

you must be out of your mind. Straight woman. Really? People can tell you are a tranny. Do not delude yourself. Even Nicole Maines who transitioned before 17 still is 6'2'' and has a very manly face. No disrespect to her, I wish her the best, but you can just tell she is a man.

There is no transition. The very term transition is misleading. There is no transition from man to woman, there is transition from man to freak or man to hon. Period.
>>
>>7524132
I'm an FTM. Lots of self-loathing. No womanhood, and only glimpses at boyhood when strangers saw me as a boy. Then I realize it could be a lot worse and I chill tfo.
>>
>>7524805
Thats a bit outside of the age range I was talking about but I guess its close. Sure you never established yourself as a man, but you were no longer considered a "boy".
>>7524826
Perhaps I worded it wrong. Going *straight* from being a boy to a woman might have been confusing for you. There's likely going to be an awkward phase for anyone who transitions post/during puberty.
I transitioned at 19, and was 5'4. I sorta passed in about 6 months, with short hair and boyish clothes. Sure I didn't completely pass straight away, but I did by the time I was considered a full adult. 25 now, and most of my coworkers think I'm cis. It happens and is possible, even if its rare.
>>7524842
Not quite what I meant. I guess the reverse case for FTMs would be going from being a girl, then going straight into being perceived as a man, with no boyhood to prime you for the expectations.

To reiterate, the idea is that some of us who aren't early, but still "young", young enough to still be seen as a child, transition in a way that is different than the super young transitioners, but still different than older transitioners.
>>
>>7524132
>How do you deal with being an adult woman without experiencing a girlhood and no time to establish yourself as a man the way late transitioners do?
This is pretty much the struggle of my life. I transitioned at 17, and was launched into adult life with no family, no money, and no clue how to girl. It feels like a giant race against the clock honestly, and its super stressful.

>And how do you deal with just barley missing out on having a childhood as a girl?
It hurts, but women my age are still pretty childish acting, so I don't feel like I missed out on too much. Especially since my parents were abusive and high school was suffering, so its not like I would have had an enjoyable childhood regardless of sex.
>>
>>7525500
I guess to add, I don't really feel like the social expectations were very hard. I was naturally feminine growing up, and paid attention to how other girls were expected to act. I can be a bit cold at times because I suffered a ton of abuse earlier into transition, and this means I get called a bitch kinda often, but that's the worst of my difficulty assimilating.
>>
>>7525460
>Thats a bit outside of the age range I was talking about but I guess its close. Sure you never established yourself as a man, but you were no longer considered a "boy".

I suppose not, but that's kind of it though. My self-perception had me at trans-in-denial femboy until 23, I didn't know gender dysphoria or HRT were a thing and that transition =/= transvestite/fetishist (thanks 90's media!). Then I realised that people saw a man that I didn't. A few more years of suffering and confusion and here I am, no female childhood and no manhood (or adulthood for that matter). I feel like a jerk for butting in, I'm sorry about that... but I just wanted to illustrate that late (like I guess it's late by 4chan standards) transitioners don't necessarily establish themselves as men as well a struggling with an "absent" childhood/adolescence/etc.

btw >>7524826 either caraposter or skull size, but for what it's worth I'm glad that your transition was successful c:
>>
My mom was really helpful when I was first learning to be a woman. It was kinda weird but I'm thankful now. My friends were helpful too.
>>
>>7524132
>18
most seniors in high school are full grown men
>>
>>7525595
Have you ever seen a high school senior?
>>
>>7525500
See, you get it.
>>7525538
Yup, 90's media fucked a bunch of us. And not having the internet as it is today, or a bunch of young/passing trans women active on social media and ect. sucked.
And yeah, they're probably Cara poster, or skull size autist. I never said I passed perfectly, but I seem to pass pretty well in most cases.
>>
File: 1419414291871.png (352KB, 533x526px) Image search: [Google]
1419414291871.png
352KB, 533x526px
>>7524805
>"late" at 25
only on 4chan
>>
>>7525704
You must be new. 19 is late, 25 is hon tier.
>>
>>7525747
this this

i transitioned at 18 and look like a hon. cant pass for shit
>>
What's a hon, I'm 18 rn and want to transition. Should I
>>
File: bubble pop 2.jpg (76KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
bubble pop 2.jpg
76KB, 500x451px
>>7524132
>How do you deal with being an adult woman without experiencing a girlhood

Uh anon, girlhood is what makes womanhood. You're not a woman, no matter how well you pass. You will always be a tranny.

Sorry, but this is the truth.
>>
>>7525770
This kinda surprises me tho. I at least get gendered correctly everywhere I go.
>>
>>7524132
I transitioned around this time period, but I was androgynous enough before hand that I didn't really experience childhood as a boy so much as a mixed up jumble. I'm not really even sure what to call my transition.
>>
>>7525914
A hon is someone who passes so well nobody can tell they're trans. That's why you see it so much here, it's a word of endearment.
>>
>>7525914
it means you look like a obvious tranny
you don't look like a women at all, you look like a masculine tranny
>>
>>7525770
I guess you missed the cut off for looking normal. Genetics play a large role. I guess I just got lucky to look normal and even a bit attractive starting at 19.

>>7525914
A hon is/was a subset of unpassing 40+trannies, but has come to mean any tranny who doesnt pass 100% of the time. Figure your shit out, your looks will get further from female the longer you wait.
>>
>>7524132
I started puberty blockers 3.5 months before turning 18 and estrogen 5 days after turning 18.
I haven't been able to socialize normally since I was 9 because the gender boundary got established and I was accepted neither as a boy or a girl.
I've never gotten to really experience life as a teenager. I was just a lonely, cynical mess since age 13. I didn't really care about anything.
When I finally transitioned I was finally able to open up more, but I was terribly underdeveloped emotionally, and was growing too old for that, so I ended up shutting down again.
Although I rarely interact with people outside of my family, the few times that I leave the house and interact with others I definitely pass.
Even if others consider me a woman, I don't consider myself one yet. I don't consider myself an adult for that matter. I've never gotten a chance to grow up, after all. I just feel like I'm a broken mess right now. I don't really know what the future holds for me.
>>
>>7525770
You agree with that post, then admit you're a hon when you started at 18? Lol, you people...

You and your ilk just like making up random "hon" cutoff limits that are always conveniently centered around the time most of you started HRT just to feel better about yourselves. "I may not pass at all at 18, but at least I'm not one of those 25 year old hons!".

A hon is a hon. Whether you started at 18 or 25 really comes down to whether you were born in the late 90s or the early 90s, but either way you're at the mercy of genetics.
>>
>>7525914
Ignore the idiots. A non-passer is just a non-passer. There's a difference between being a visibly trans, yet presentable human being, and being a complete disaster.

A "hon" is a special type of non-passer. It is someone who completely lacks any and all self awareness. A hon thinks they pass when they clearly don't. A hon dresses like a 16 year old girl when they are 50 years old. A hon acts like a complete caricature of women, someone for society to laugh it. And it's what society thinks of when they think of transgender people.
>>
>>7524132
I didn't have a childhood at all because I was only hiding inside. When I started to transition at 22 I was still considered a boy because of how insecure I am and now with 23 I think I'm seen as a girl for the same reason.

I look kinda young too. When I told people it was my birthday in an internship they asked if I turned 18, but I turned 21 :D

I often feel really sad that I missed a real girl childhood tho or any childhood at all. I feel like I lost the most fun time in life.
>>
>>7526710
Basically, this. I knew going into my transition that I was late. 25 is no golden standard, but it isn't 30, or 40 where my male genetics could have taken me. I knew going in that I was NEVER going to be cis levels of passing. That is not the point of transitioning! The point is to make yourself feel better, to make yourself feel more like a worth while human being, even if you have to deal with stupid shit both hons and idiots spew out "18 or die" bullshit. If your Genetics are merciful, you'll be fine. But honestly, I'm quite content with being as close to female as I can. Even if I have a stupid ass face.

(Pic related)
>>
>>7524132
im 21 now and transitioned at 17 i just live as i do i established my self as a person i live stealth have a boyfriend and some girl friends one knows im trans and were super close, I look super similar to my sister and im pretty short 5'4" basically even though i didnt live as a female child i see no reason to let that ruin my life i live as a normal person and have a good life with a loving bf and good carer prospects.
>>
>>7524132
I know it isn't really what you asked but I was interested by the way you worded the question. I started transition at 22.5 but I always looked a bit younger than I was. Up until 22 everyone still treated me like a boy and asked me what school I went to and how year 12 was treating me. Ther was a bit of confusion when I told them I'd already finished uni. Just after 22 thing started to change very quickly, I started getting picked as older and treated like a man. I panicked and got on HRT so now at 23 I'm back to being asked what school I go to... most of the time.

Long story short I never really left childhood and I still act like it. :P
>>
I'm about to turn 24 and I'm nearly a year and a half on hormones
I spent most of my childhood either being physically and psychologically abused, sexually abused, or abusing myself
I'm still dealing with echos of anorexia from early elementary school
I have structural damage to my leg bones from high school, along with several concussions and a painful shoulder injury because I thought playing lacrosse would make me a man
I was hospitalized a month ago for trying to kill myself
I'm hilariously codependent on my one friend who never wronged me
I look and act like an emotionally crippled 17 to 19 year old
For me, childhood is a blur of things half remembered or repressed
Flashbacks are pretty much constant
I've been terrified of having sex after being betrayed and abandoned by my fiance three years ago
Life is suffering and I can't even tell myself that I've had as bad a life as any other person
>>
>>7525460
>RE: FTM girl -> man
Yeah, it was jarring. Lots of new expectations on me. It took me a bit to step up to the challenge instead of whining.
>>
>>7529030
I hope the rest of your life plays out better Anon.
>>
>>7529100
Thank you for your kind words, though I fear they're unlikely to come true
>>
Never felt like i had a good childhood and never emotionally matured
t. ftm
>>
>>7525770
Same, It's just bad genetics. Some people are just lucky and can look good if they transition even at 20.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.