[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any MTFs or FTMs here sympathetic to TERF ideology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 4353453.png (1MB, 1010x1140px) Image search: [Google]
4353453.png
1MB, 1010x1140px
Are there any MTFs or FTMs here sympathetic to TERF ideology? Is so why?
>>
File: white roses.jpg (670KB, 850x992px) Image search: [Google]
white roses.jpg
670KB, 850x992px
I agree with them that some cis women, upon clocking a trans woman, might have traumatic upset if they have had past experiences of rape by men in isolated, supposedly woman-only spaces, and that that is important and serious. But I do not think that trans women should be excluded from women's restrooms because of it. I've had some pretty ugly arguments with some nigh-TERFy people in my social circle over bathrooms because I got physically assaulted for using any gendered bathroom in high school and I'm a trans guym so I can't imagine the safety probs for any trans girl.

I also agree with them that the experience of female socializiation from birth onwards is different than what a trans woman experiences and that there are actually more commonalities between cis women and DFAB trans people in childhood experiences than between cis women and trans women. I think they think a trans girl has the same experience as a cis boy though, and I really, really don't think so.
>>
File: normal power chair.jpg (206KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
normal power chair.jpg
206KB, 500x800px
Lastly, I am sympathetic to the idea that gender really is a social construct, ie that I was a girl (though possibly close to male-sexed somewhere in my brain) before transition because I was read as one. I don't understand when people do not possess literally anything that is attributed to a gender and still claim it because they identify as it, ie a female person who has no sex dysphoria /at all/, no interest in any types of male presentation or social roles, and still claim to be a trans guy. It's confusing because the term "guy" then basically has no meaning--it usually means someone with a maleish body type (or, to trans people, someone who is okay with having one) or someone who looks and acts a certain way. There's no mystical gendered auras to "identify" with in the absence of that stuff. TERFs would and have agreed with me on this.

Where we seem to differ, though, is being polite to people even if they do seem to believe in mystical gendered auras. I'll use someone's preferred pronouns even if I think they're silly, because it's costing me little effort to do something that would make someone else very unhappy to have botched.
>>
>>7518227
I think the hypothesis that trans people are just self-hating supergays isn't impossible. What if body dysphoria is a facet of OCD, obsessing over yourself just because you don't look as naturally butch/femme as fits your personality?

With that said, a common theme I see among detransitioned TERFs is that they still have dysphoria, despite their supposed awakening.
>>
>>7518937
>TERFs would and have agreed with me on this
they were probably very moderate terfs if they did, given as they usually treat neurological sex as a synonym for 'mystical gender aura' and reject the possibility of it
funny, because even anti-'neurosexism' researchers don't reject it -- see delusions of gender by cordelia fine, a book often quoted as anti-'neurosexism' that in fact completely accepts neurological sex and its relevance in transsexualism
>>7520068
>I think the hypothesis that trans people are just self-hating supergays isn't impossible
if anything the inverse makes more sense, given much of the world treats feminine androphilic natal males and masculine gynephilic natal females something closer to the western concept of 'trans' to the western concept of 'gay' (hijra, fa'afafine, sworn virgin, etc)
>With that said, a common theme I see among detransitioned TERFs is that they still have dysphoria, despite their supposed awakening
yeah, that's pretty constant
the funny part is that a lot of them seem to not actually experience dysphoria about their natal sex at all, and in fact are rather dysphoric about some aspects of their transitioned sex, but instead lump their dissociation, body image issues, etc in as 'dysphoria'
a lot of trendscum make the same mistake and claim to be dysphoric when they're describing something else entirely
>>
There's nothing to be sympathetic about when it comes to the TERF ideology, fuck them all to death.
>>
>>7520089
They were TERFs who have themselves experienced sex dysphoria. I also think that was why it was easier to discuss being trans as something you can't simply wish your way out of, LOL.

Also, I always kinda feel the world would be a better place if everyone had a little neuro education. Transsexualism as some kind of a sensory mapping prob or something would not even be close to the weirdest thing in it as a field.
>>
Honestly, its going to be that way more FTMs are going to be TERF sympathetic.
>>
>>7520068
>What if body dysphoria is a facet of OCD, obsessing over yourself just because you don't look as naturally butch/femme as fits your personality?
>butch/femme

It's not about that though. I honestly wish I could pull off butch presentation as a trans woman.
>>
>>7520132
i know what they say they experience, one of the higher-profile ones is an old friend of mine
i think less than half of them, at most, experience actual sex dysphoria
>>
>>7520147
Interesting. I've come across a few like Carey Callahan, Jamie/hotflanks who is buff as fuck, crashchaoscats, and others. Jamie is one I've come across who seems to have a tough time with dysphoria. Now I wonder who the heck you know.
>>
>>7520145
Thanks for your perspective, anon.
>>
>>7520132
I agree. The neuropathology of being trans is turning out to be pretty tame. There are 1000 crazier, more gruesome neurological diseases possible in humans.
>>
>>7520140
I feel like your sentence is missing punctuation somewhere in the middle.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.