[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regret transitioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1970.jpg (11KB, 212x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1970.jpg
11KB, 212x262px
Do you ever regret transitioning? Even if it's just a one time thought I wonder if people who make the choice young regret it in the future
>>
>>7515793
Sometimes I regret transitioning, but the alternative in my head is suicide, not living as a man. That shit is not for me, I'm a girl through and through.
>>
>>7515793
generally, the younger you transition the less you regret it
older people regret because they lost a lot of their old lives to do so
i 'regret' only in the sense that i know a couple people who detransitioned and wonder every once in a while if i could pull it off, but i have a far better life in every aspect as a man than i would as a woman and would most likely be driven to suicide through dysphoria if i tried
>>
I transitioned at 18 and regretted it after 6 months, turns out I had just deluded myself into thinking it was the cause of my anxiety, emotional numbness and body dysphoria. I mistook childhood experiences (only having girl friends, crossdressing etc) as me being trans. Luckily I realized I was never uncomfortable being a man, and I didn't question my gender when I was younger, so the confusion was obviously something I'd developed later in life. I'm 23 now and happy with my life, all the shit you read on this site about having to transition as fast as you can and regression are just memes, if you're "not sure" or don't feel any "gender dysphoria", don't fucking transition. It's a horrible idea.
>>
>>7515887
This sort of happened to me and I'm feeling very uneasy about it thank to all the memes
>>
>>7515887
> all the shit you read on this site about having to transition as fast as you can and regression are just memes, if you're "not sure" or don't feel any "gender dysphoria", don't fucking transition. It's a horrible idea.
Obviously if you're unsure about yourself you should go see a gender therapist, but those aren't the people who get told to get on hormones asap anyway.
>>
>>7515793

I regret having missed some things from being a girl or a teen.
>>
What's your opinion on Ken Zucker? He was a clinician for kids, passively encouraging them to be andro instead of trans (guiding them to use gender-neutral toys rather than dolls, treating gender anxieties.) He believed that much of the problems trans people have is because of social discrimination, so it's better to pass as normal.

Obviously, the general public trampled him yelling stuff about the immorality of conversion therapy.
>>
>>7515887
>or don't feel any "gender dysphoria", don't fucking transition
BRILLIANT
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>7515793
>thought I was trans
>turns out I just wanted a bf so I could be a submissive soft, gayboy

Wew. Dodged a bullet
>>
>>7516670
He mixed together trans kids and kids who were just gender nonconforming. His "treatment" was forcing them to conform to gender stereotypes of their birth sex.
I hope I don't have to explain why this is a bullshit idea and a terrible way to go about trying to treat transsexuality and why it's gonna make you look like an asshole in the eyes of everyone except conservatives who believe in inherent gender roles.
>>
>>7515887
Similar thing happened to me a few years ago, don't want to go into more detail in case someone works out who I an
>>
>>7517417
He didn't, though. Think of it as a Venn diagram with Boy Stuff and Girl Stuff. He got them to stick to the intersection. Stuff the rest of the world would still consider normal.

I'd also argue that there didn't need to be a difference between trans and gender-role rejection, the idea of normalcy is the same either way.

Trans kid: Gets therapy in order to accept the body they were born in.

GRR kid: Gets therapy on accepting gender roles.

They weren't forced into anything.

(Of course, the more research the better. K Zucker was a researcher too.)

He collaborated with Susan Bradley, collecting clinical and research data over a period of twenty years and became an international authority on gender identity disorder in children (GIDC) and adolescents.[3]
>>
>>7517653
>Trans kid: Gets therapy in order to accept the body they were born in.
But we already know this doesn't fucking work.
>>
>>7517311
>thought I was a submissive soft gay boy
>turns out I was trans

well fuck me, looks like I got your bullet
>>
>>7517733
Great. Where's the research? Who's doing it? Ken Zucker, that's who.
>>
>>7515887
>girl friends, crossdressing
I guess that's just gayness. Normie.
Jk, jk.
>>
>>7517417
My understanding was that he did not force anything. He frequently had child patients, who his team would try to get to accept their gender nonconformity, but would reject that and say, "No I AM a boy/girl!" His team would say, "Okie dokie. Our duty is to monitor you to make sure you're healthy then. Go do your shit." Do you have any articles I could read that mention him forcing ideas on kids?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.