[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is pansexuality different from bisexuality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: episode-image-320x180.jpg (36KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
episode-image-320x180.jpg
36KB, 320x180px
I've tried looking everywhere for the difference and I still don't understand.
>>
>>7504774
General consensus seems to be:

>Bisexual
Attraction to multiple genders

>Pansexual
Attraction regardless of gender

My GF consider herself pan because gender doesn't really factor into her attraction, I consider myself bi because I experience attraction towards men and women differently.
>>
>>7504797
so if you feel different about men vs women you're bi and if you just love everyone you're pan?
>>
>>7504815
No one is going to police whether you use pan/bi for yourself. I use bi because I feel it's easier to get my point across using it and because my attraction fluctates. And, well, gender is definitely a factor for me. Gender matters and I don't find the same traits attractive in women as I do in men. So it's a feel thing as well as a practicality thing. I know pan folks who use pan because they want to explicitly include trans people and find that bi doesn't do that. Or they want to get away from the stereotypes of the bi label.
>>
I have wondered this myself and have come to a conclusion.

the term "bi" came into the common vernacular earlier than the idea that there were more than two genders or that gender identity could be fluid, so it was natural for it to simply mean "attracted to men and women" without specifying if "men and women" referred to sex or gender. pansexuality is newer, and seems to imply that pan people are attracted to others' gender identities, not there sexes.

I personally find this a little dumb, as i think people are generally attracted to physical sex, not gender identity, which is not necessarily outwardly displayed. today, being pan is in effect being a more pc version of being bi.

the only exception i can think of would be if a person wanted to include intersex people (who are very rare) into the list of people they are attracted to, as at least that would be more of a biological sex (not a gender identity), and does not fit into the traditional sex/gender binary
>>
>>7504774
Pansexuals are morally superior to bisexuals
>>
They're the same but one comes with a built in sjw alarm
>>
File: 1437060901884.jpg (197KB, 396x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437060901884.jpg
197KB, 396x600px
>"I'm pan, I'm attracted to trans too!"
>Not just saying Bi and leaving the Trans* footnote out of the equation
>mfw "pansexuals" third-other-gender transpeople and think this makes them super pc
>>
Pansexual is 'bisexual but im also a special snowflake sjw who REALLY wants you to know that there are more than two genders and that i like them because Im a virtuous, generous person and deserve attention for it'
>>
>>7504774
mu a slut
>>
>>7509335
I thought liking trans girls was still straight for a guy and vice versa.
>>
I consider myself bi. I look at it this way. Sometimes I want to be with a woman and to me a woman has breasts and a vagina.

Other times I want to be with a guy, and a guy has a penis.

I don't want to be with a woman who has a penis or a guy with breasts, so I'm not pan.
>>
>>7510867
>straight

it is queer but not gay
>>
>>7504774
Pan is transphobic as it implies that trans people are neither men or women.
>>
They fuck special snowflake genders too
>>
>>7510931
So do straight guys as only cis straight girls use them.
>>
>>7504774
Bi is for people are attracted to men and women and pan is for people who are to all kinds of people regardless of their gender.
>>
File: mu12-concept.png (343KB, 604x708px) Image search: [Google]
mu12-concept.png
343KB, 604x708px
>>7510853
I'm in love with cs mu. hating everything turns me on
>>
File: sakuya001.jpg (42KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
sakuya001.jpg
42KB, 225x350px
>>7504774
pansexual = chaser and/or virtue signaller
>>
File: noel1.jpg (12KB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
noel1.jpg
12KB, 268x300px
>>7510977
I like ct noel more
>>
>>7510950
What else is their besides masculine and feminine?
>>
File: Sexy-hooker.png (59KB, 349x470px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy-hooker.png
59KB, 349x470px
>>7511054
Yeah, "pan" is just their way of trying to say, "I'm bi but I'm cool with trannies too" but it comes off as pretentious.
>>
Pan people usually don't have a M/F preference, where bi people usually do
>>
>>7511068
Exactly. It is hipster bisexuality.
>>
>>7510999
ct noel> cs noel> ct noel> cp noel
>>
>>7511125
cf noel in the third slot*
>>
>>7511074
I have seen nothing to support this and plenty that counters it. Every pan person i have met has had obvious preferences while the bis that i have met have been 50/50.
>>
>>7504774
I've heard that pans are attracted to trans while bi are not?

Just seems like Nu Aged arbitrary distinction to me.
>>
>>7511195
It is. It is largely straight white wonen virtue signalling.
>>
>>7511054
non-binaries and assorted third genders
>>
>>7511272
Give an example of each.
>>
>>7504774
Pan os tumblr nonsese basically. It's also pretty offensive because it implies a bisexual wouldn't be atracted to a trans because they're not a real woman/man
>>
>>7504774
It's just hipster bisexual. Don't believe the memes.
>>
>>7504774
>Bi means you're attracted to men and women
> Pan means you're attracted to everybody

Of course it's a purely academic distinction as two sexes... Assuming pan people stay away from the kids and pets that is.
>>
I'm bisexual because I like cock and women's bodies

so I'd have sex with men, women, mtfs, but not ftms

a pansexual would probably also do a ftm
>>
>>7504774
Bi: attracted to both sex
pansexual: tumblr fag.
>>
>>7510977
mu appreciation thread
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.