[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-L-GBT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: BeardedSealFlickr_foilistpeter.jpg (175KB, 570x330px) Image search: [Google]
BeardedSealFlickr_foilistpeter.jpg
175KB, 570x330px
i am a stupid folk incapable of doing research on google like you smart, sexy, flattered individuals.

so please, answer a question for me. why is L in LGBT?

a lesbian is a female who is gay, but gay is already there, i am very confused.

>pic related to disarm hostile lesbians
>>
>>
>>7503049
lesbians and gay men have a different culture and different issues, so it doesn't make much sense to treat them identically
the lgbt acronym specifically grew out of separate lesbian and gay communities coming together, hence why bi and trans people aren't gender-separated (plus, lesbian and gay communities are far older than bi and trans communities)
>>
File: itsthewhiskers.jpg (218KB, 1024x599px) Image search: [Google]
itsthewhiskers.jpg
218KB, 1024x599px
>>
File: tickle.jpg (226KB, 460x396px) Image search: [Google]
tickle.jpg
226KB, 460x396px
>>7503070
maybe i am just a sheltered, naive folk

but why make a culture out of your sexual preference at all?
>>
File: somuchslicedfur.jpg (22KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
somuchslicedfur.jpg
22KB, 236x354px
>>7503049
>>7503064
>>7503071
>>7503076

searching for pictures of seals is legitimately depressing
>>
>>7503076
this was in the early 20th century, if people found out you were gay you'd be lucky if they killed you
more likely they'd just drive you to kill yourself by ruining your life
the communities came out of people who wanted to change this, and they did
>>
>>7503076
Because a person without a "people" can't do anything significant on the national scale. Without a culture, you can't set dating standards (where to meet, how to know if someone's interested, etc) or get enough people to act in a concerted way to pass/influence legislation or promote visibility. If you're excluded from the big tribe, you're going to get slaughtered unless you start one yourself
>>
>>7503076
The separation came cause lesbians people wanted to fuck and gays they wanted to lynch. The issues surrounding those identities arose in two separate groups that later joined forces.

Think like captain planet if everyone was heart and a faggot.
>>
bro its slang as fuck. Gay used to mean happy like 60 years ago. Gay means a guy and a guy but some people use gay to describe a girl who is homosexual, and increasingly, gay is synonymous with the lesser (macklermore quote) as in teenagers call shit they like 'thats so gay' all the time.

my point is languages evolve; look at shakepspere he invented slang that we use today. Shakespere invented the word 'drag' which literally means DRAG = DRessed AS a GIRL

I would prefer that lgbt stuck as lgbt. at the very least you can add a plus to it. I completely do not accept anyone typing LGBTQISAI28a+and- and all this retarded shit, like, the Q stands for questioning? really? Questioning is like a temporary period of your life why the fuck do we need to have all these 'Born as...gay, born as a lesbian' letters in there if the cunts questioning whether they are straight or just bicruous for 3 months into our community as well? fuck off lgbtqia12+- whatever the fuck you spell it and yes im drunk
>>
>>7503100
forgot the most important part, in shakespearian times, females wern't allowed to be actors, so males would play the girl roles, and they would be in DRAG (dressed as a girl)

hehe select all the images with fireworks? wonder how long this newyears shit will last
>>
>>7503076

Because it wasnt formed as a culture deliberately, just as a way to meet people who were also lesbian or gay, and who wouldnt rape you straight or lynch you.
>>
>>7503049
In my opinion, we should shorten LGB down to just 'Queer' and be QT!
>>
>>7503076
It was a gradual process. Let's say there is a tribe that abhors the left handed. They are excluded and banished from the tribe. With time, these banished individuals will form a marginal community, coexisting with the tribe, not necessarily harmonically, in a segregated way. Eventually this community will develop their own costumes, traditions, habits, mannerisms, and so on. They will develop their own outside culture.
That's actually very common, we see that among many social groups that suffered from this sort of forced separatism.
>>
>>7503076
Adhering to a specific and exclusive sexual field results in a community for obvious reasons, and communities generate cultures.
>>
>>7503100
>>7503106
The prohibition of women acting in theaters plays, and the subsequent tradition of males dressing as females to perform female roles is much older than William. It dates back to Hellenic Dramaturgy, in acient Greece.
English is not my first language, isn't drag the act of pulling something over the floor? Like pulling a dead body by the arm, so the torso and legs are being dragged? Did William really invent that one or you're just bullshitting now?
>>
>>7503076
It wasn't a conscious, planned process. First a community of people was formed, people who shared the "abnormal" sexuality, and who suffered from the same prejudices and daily challenges. Later, slowly, this community develop a culture of their own. The same happens to any clan or tribe, modern or ancient.
>>
>>7503150
drag is one of the many, many english words with several meanings
it means 'dragging something across the floor', but it's also slang for crossdressing in the sense of 'drag queens' and 'drag kings' (gay men and lesbians, respectively, who crossdress in a social context)
it does not come from 'dressed as a girl', but that's a common folk etymology
>>
File: anotherseal.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
anotherseal.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>7503083
>>7503095
>>7503098
>>7503125
>>7503162

Americas pastime before 1980 was lynching?
>>
>>7505435
According to these retarded faggots, yes.
The gay males greatest historical enemy has always been the feminist. Look it up. In the end the dykes even hijacked his movement for rights.
>>
File: hollyweed2017sign-500x413.jpg (44KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
hollyweed2017sign-500x413.jpg
44KB, 500x413px
>>7506550
>dykes even hijacked his movement for rights

well considering he hijacked the black man's movement for rights it seems acceptable.

and, yes, america loved to lynch people - gays and blacks and witches and anyone outside the norm. this is partly due to the lack of organized law enforcement in frontier towns and a puritanical love of casting the first stone.
>>
File: poepup.jpg (92KB, 747x576px) Image search: [Google]
poepup.jpg
92KB, 747x576px
>>7506677
i cant tell if serious or joke

poe have mercy on my perception of the status quo
>>
File: retard.png (23KB, 1280x97px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
23KB, 1280x97px
>>7503181
>>7503150
If you've studied English than i'm sure you're well aware that some words have different meanings depending on context.
"he wound the bandage around the wound" is an example. Idk who this little shunt is spreading misinformation but it almost certainly stemmed from dressed as a girl. Ignore this little retard
>>
>>7505435
Gay lynching isn't rare even nowadays.
Last week a transvestite was lynched to death by a neo nazi group. I don't live in USA but you are a fool if you think that population was friendly towards gays pre 80's. The amount of cases about gays being ganged and beaten to death is overwhelming. I was lynched once and it was in 2008. How deluded cwn you be?
>>
>>7507675
>folk etymology
literally what i said
do you know what that means?
>>
>>7509358
>i dont live in the usa but...

stopped reading right there, your examples do not represent reality, they are exceptions to the norm.
>>
>>7509358
>I was lynched once
I thought you had to die to be lynched, no?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.